[Q] Cellular South Samsung Galaxy Showcase Problem, Need help.

Search This thread

M4GxOptic

Jun 13, 2011
Ok, well I have completely jacked up my phone from where I updated using Odin..I flashed my phone through a vibrant rom or whatever and now it was in t-mobile, then I flashed it through a fasinate rom or whatever and now its in version. I am looking for the original Samsung Galaxy S Showcase rom or whatever I need to get my phone back to CS and to its orginal state. Can somebody help me?

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Seriously? What is it about showcase users that they think they can flash whatever the hell they want and there won't be problems?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

richaoj

Jun 14, 2011
Jackson, MS
profiles.google.com
Please don't do that as it's very annoying. Just ask or post whatever you need to in the general forum. Same people that post in the Dev thread read and post here.

I am not posting random ****, I thought the post was funny, so I responded as such. I shouldn't have mentioned the part about the spam but whatever.

And in response to the comment about why people install ROM's for other phones, yea it's not necessarily smart to do so, but for the most part these forums are not exactly noobie friendly . . .

I am not new to the world of linux, I have been a user of various distros on my personal machines and work servers since 2006. I am coming from the world of webOS, where I did a little development in my sparse spare time, webOS had a lot of promise, but did not have the community nor the rapid pace of development that android has, so I finally switched.

I have found that, through no intentional fault of the community members here, entry into the world of Android homebrew has been somewhat intimidating, mainly because of the terminology that you all use. I have looked, but still don't know what many of the acronyms stand for. It has a high "entry cost," which it probably should otherwise you would have every joe schmoe trying to flash their phones with various experimental roms. (well apparently they do that anyway) But perhaps a glossary of terms could be helpful somewhere for those of us that got to the party late but could still be of some help once we catch up).

And to the guy who started this thread: don't do something until you have read about it sufficiently enough to be sure that it will work. Going backwards is often alot more difficult than spending the time to do it right in the first place. I have learned this lesson the difficult way a number of times (I am not the most prudent person with stuff, i like to shoot from the hip and have shot myself in the foot a number of times)

JustinBP

May 19, 2011
Brattleboro VT
Originally Posted by richaoj
but for the most part these forums are not exactly noobie friendly . . .

.. don't do something until you have read about it sufficiently enough to be sure that it will work. Going backwards is often alot more difficult than spending the time to do it right in the first place.

I kind of like the fact that these forums are not dumb down it makes the learning curve steeper but I learn more that way not just the hows but also the whys. I spent two months reading this and other forums before I flashed my first ROM. I find the things I work the hardest for I learn the best and all the information is here sometimes you just have to dig for it. :) IMHO like

Last edited:

add144

Nov 30, 2009
Jackson, MS
That's the spirit! Look at you! Nub of the year!

I was the same way honestly. I was very hesitant before ever doing anything to my phone first time around.

M4GxOptic

Jun 13, 2011
Haha its a first with android! I am more along the lines of coding firmware for PSN and jtagging xbox 360 consoles! I am a nub at this haha

dphoneguy

Jul 1, 2011
Hattiesburg, Ms
I am in the same boat

I did the same thing to my showcase with the exception that I downloaded (from a different forum) learned my lesson, a odin file that was listed for cellular south showcase and when I flashed it it turned out to be for a Tmobile vibrant and now I only get errors when the modem bin tries to load in oden. Kinda hosed at this point!

Any Ideas on this would me much appreciated!!!

Last edited: