That is why I put together this little app to do all of that for you!
This app runs the following commands:
- logcat -v time -d
- logcat -v time -b radio -d
- uname -a
It puts these together into a single document and uploads it to Pastebin, so you can just put a link in a forum thread or IRC or in the bug tracker.
To run these, sadly it needs root. It also requires permissions to read phone identity so that it can automatically mask your ESN/MDN/etc in the logs before it uploads them. It also requires permissions to read account information so that it can mask all of your accounts in the logcat.
EVEN WITH ALL OF THOSE THINGS BLOCKED AUTOMATICALLY PLEASE LOOK OVER YOUR LOG BEFORE GIVING OUT THE URL. IT IS A PRIVATE PASTEBIN AND IF YOU FIND SOMETHING PRIVATE YOU CAN REMOVE IT.
- Install the app on your phone.
- Run the app.
- Add any information that should be masked (keep in mind private phone ids and accounts will be masked automatically).
- Hit PasteBin! and wait for the upload to finish.
- Note the url at the bottom of the screen and give it to whoever requested your logs.
This is just a simple app to help get logs, but if you have any suggestion of how it might be better, do let me know by posting in this thread.
- If you add too many mask strings the app doesn't scroll so you lose the PasteBin! button and/or the resulting URL.
- Added filtering to "just a file" output
- Limited dmesg and both logcats to only 1000 lines each to prevent OutOfMemory Exceptions.
- Added ability to just save the file, no upload. (/sdcard/Android/apps/com.GetLogs/data/)
- App now remembers the last message, in case you forget to write down your pastebin address.
- Added ps to the list of processes run.
Uninstall current version if installed.
Install new version.