Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM] Droid X Detox Ginger Public Beta

144 posts
Thanks Meter: 14

By smyers1012, Senior Member on 14th June 2011, 10:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
DETOX GINGER PUBLIC BETA

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

This is my second ROM ever. Both have been for GB but I'm very pleased to tell you this one will not be on the GB leak but from the .596 rooted OTA from the TeamBlackHat application! That would be the 2 Part file that you you have to download but we will get into that later!

Things to Know:
-596 System of 2.3.3 GingerBread
-No MotoBlur except for Accounts!
-Stock AOSP Based ROM

What's Included:
-Stock AOSP Launcher (GB)
-3D App Drawer
-CRT Animation
-Ridiculously Fast even w/ LWP!
-All Blur Removed
-Nexus S Themed (Wallpapers,Icons, etc.)
-Droid X2 Wallpapers (Thanks P3Droid)
-HTC Fancy Widget Clock (Old Version!)
-GingerBread Lockscreen
-DSP Manager
-Actual Stock AOSP GingerBread Dialer
-Build.prop Edits
-Eri.xml Edits
-Lots of Orange Highlights

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___

Screenshots:

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?b6t449ehf3sziz2

Instructions:

1. Get on 2.3.340 (Android 2.2) (SBF)
2. Root with Z4 Root or Method of your choice
3. Get DX Bootstrapper (Boot Recovery)
4. Download Part 1 and 2 of OTA Rooted GingerBread .596
5. Wipe Data/Cache
6. Install Part 1 & 2
7. Reboot Phone
8. Download D2 Bootstrapper (Boot Recovery)
9. Wipe Data/Cache (To be safe)
10.Install Detox Ginger Public Beta.zip
11.Reboot System
12.Enoy!

For right now there are currently no bugs. This, however, is a beta and has room for improvement as always. Let me know what you would like to see and what needs to be fixed and I will make it happen! If you have any questions or would like to report something to me or tell me about how to make my ROM better you can either post here and I respond every couple hours or so depending on if I'm out, or you can email me and I'll get back to you faster probably! My contact info is below!

Email: SeanMyers10@gmail.com
Twitter: @MainModzSite

Please Donate and Support my ROMS!

Paypal - Jmyersrw@aol.com
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smyers1012 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift smyers1012 Ad-Free

15th June 2011, 01:29 AM |#2  
Flag Tucson
Thanks Meter: 709

More
This looks a lot like Apex. Hopefully its purely your ROM.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
15th June 2011, 02:03 AM |#3  
Flag nanchang jx province
Thanks Meter: 1

More
nice!but i still love the blur!
15th June 2011, 02:47 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshotrob22

This looks a lot like Apex. Hopefully its purely your ROM.

Kid who are you. Obviously it's like Apex cause it's a Nexus S based ROM. AOSP GingerBread. My Rom would not be what I wanted it to be if it wasn't. Please get off this forum.
15th June 2011, 02:53 AM |#5  
Flag Tucson

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyers1012

Kid who are you. Obviously it's like Apex cause it's a Nexus S based ROM. AOSP GingerBread. My Rom would not be what I wanted it to be if it wasn't. Please get off this forum.

Where's the shouout to @bigxie? If you would credit other people for there hard work then there wouldn't be any problems.... I'm just saying! Its great that your doing ROMS but credit people for there work.

15th June 2011, 03:01 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshotrob22

Where's the shouout to @bigxie? If you would credit other people for there hard work then there wouldn't be any problems.... I'm just saying! Its great that your doing ROMS but credit people for there work.

Why I am crediting him. I know who he is and i thank him all the time for helping me create ROMs. However I built this from scratch. I didn't start with his build and work from there. This is completely from scratch. It is very similar to Apex and all other stock Roms because AOSP is all the same thing. Maybe a couple tweaks here and there but I'm looking to make mine a little more of my own soon.
(Keyboard Change, Icon Changes, Useful Apps, etc.)
15th June 2011, 03:07 AM |#7  
Flag Bay Area, CA
Thanks Meter: 5,920

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Why I am crediting him. I know who he is and i thank him all the time for helping me create ROMs. However I built this from scratch. I didn't start with his build and work from there. This is completely from scratch. It is very similar to Apex and all other stock Roms because AOSP is all the same thing. Maybe a couple tweaks here and there but I'm looking to make mine a little more of my own soon.
(Keyboard Change, Icon Changes, Useful Apps, etc.)

This is based on Apex. It is not built from scratch. I will post up the diff if you really want to keep denying it, but I trust that you will reconsider your stance

Cheers.
15th June 2011, 03:09 AM |#8  
Flag Tucson

More
What he said ^

15th June 2011, 04:55 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
No stances will be reconsidered. If you like the ROM download it. If you don't then don't. Apex is a great ROM and me as a developer loved it and it is developed by one of the smartest developers I know. My knowledge is no where near bigxie at this stuff but I try my best. If you think Apex might be better go over to fabdroid.com. Not trying to start any problems here. This is all for the community not a he did/she did he said/she said if everyone catches my drift.

Thanks,
Sean Myers

and just so everyone sees... I'm going to be the bigger person and say right now. Thank you Bigxie. I give you credit for your Stock Nexus S Theme Base Idea! It was a good idea and I wanted to see if I could improve it!
15th June 2011, 05:49 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:

No stances will be reconsidered. If you like the ROM download it. If you don't then don't. Apex is a great ROM and me as a developer loved it and it is developed by one of the smartest developers I know. My knowledge is no where near bigxie at this stuff but I try my best. If you think Apex might be better go over to fabdroid.com. Not trying to start any problems here. This is all for the community not a he did/she did he said/she said if everyone catches my drift.

Thanks,
Sean Myers

and just so everyone sees... I'm going to be the bigger person and say right now. Thank you Bigxie. I give you credit for your Stock Nexus S Theme Base Idea! It was a good idea and I wanted to see if I could improve it!

You're ignoring their point. This isn't about which rom is better, etc. They are accusing (and maybe rightfully so, I'm taking a neutral stance here) you of basically taking the Apex rom, and building off of it (using it as a base) and only giving credit for the theme, and not the base rom itself.
15th June 2011, 06:09 AM |#11  
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Having read bigxie's twitter feed and seen the back and forth between you two, I am convinced that you most definitely did not build this rom from scratch.

Any developer who knows how to build from source knows how to use baksmali/smali.

The funny part is, if you legitimately made your own tweaks to Apex, and just gave credit to where it was due, instead of getting defensive and lying about it, I'm sure there would be no problem here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)