LG 2X/Black Notifications is an app that handles incoming notifications and uses the LED buttons on the device to notify the user of any missed notifications. LG Optimus 2X (P990/P999/SU660), LG Optimus Black (P970) and LG Optimus 3D (P920) is supported. It does not require root if the required files has the proper permissions, if they do not root is required to change them (currently the latest update for T-Mobile G2x and LG Optimus 3D). It should be usable on all ROMs (not tested though). CyanogenMod7 has its own LED-notifications which has to be disabled if you wish to use this app.
- Built-in support for Gmail/SMS/MMS/Missed calls
- Support for any activity that generates notifications by using Accessibility
- Configurable pulse and vibration for every notification
- Set the default touch LED brightness
- Charging indicator
How the app works
- The app is in an idle state and will do nothing until the device receives a notification.
- When an notification is received and the screen is on and not in lock-screen, the accelerometer sensors will be started and used as a way to detect user activity. If the sensor is triggered the feedback will be cancelled. If the sensor is not triggered and the screen is turned off the feedback will start.
- If the screen is off the feedback will be delayed for 2 seconds. The reason for this is because some notifications might turn on the screen and in turn will cancel the feedback, so the delay will hopefully prevent this. If nothing happens during the delay the feedback starts at once.
- The feedback will repeat until it is timed out or the screen is turned on.
If you have any questions and/or bugs to report about the app don't hesitate to post a reply to this thread or send me a message and I'll answer them as soon as possible. I'm also open for suggestions of features to implement. However due to limited time at the moment new features may take a while to be implemented.
For more information and free download check it out on the Android Market.
/ Martin Börjesson