FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Boot Animation] Atrix Fox - WIP (CWM)

287 posts
Thanks Meter: 73

By itsonlym3, Senior Member on 18th June 2011, 05:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Here's a Motorola Atrix take on the 20th Century Fox intro, compliments of Blender and ImageMagick.

still needs needs a bit more work (crappy artifacts), but i've done all i'm going to do with it tonight, so i thought i'd post it up. hope you like it.

Preview:

Download:
moto_atrix-fox_bootani-cwm.zip (5.1M)

INSTALLATION (for those who need it):
  1. copy the file to your phone (i use sshdroid to copy it to my /mnt/sdcard/)
  2. run System Recovery and choose Recovery Mode (make sure power is plugged in)
  3. wait... (could it boot up past the Motorola logo any slower?)
  4. select Install zip from SDCARD
  5. select choose zip from internal sdcard (or just sdcard, your mileage may vary)
  6. scroll down until you find the moto_atrix-fox_bootani-cwm.zip file
  7. hit your power button to select it
  8. scroll down to Yes - Install moto_atrix-fox_bootani-cwm.zip and hit your power button to select it.
  9. watch the quick install screen
  10. scroll down to Go Back and hit the power button again.
  11. Reboot system now should be highlighted, hit the power button to reboot.
ENJOY!

================================================== =================
as always, YOU are responsible for your phone, no matter how much i suck @ this.
================================================== =================

Changes:
The Following User Says Thank You to itsonlym3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift itsonlym3 Ad-Free

18th June 2011, 06:44 AM |#2  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 629

More
Wow nice work!
I do intend on loading this one! , maybe after you do your tweaking..=)

thank you for this =)
18th June 2011, 02:03 PM |#3  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 762

Donate to Me
More
Nice animation, and I just happened to have the perfect mp3 for it. I had the THX Fox Intro mp3 downloaded already, so here is your boot animation with the audio:

http://www.mediafire.com/?zr81j68z8inxxdk

I added gain to the mp3 to make it louder, but if you want the original, shoot me a PM and I'll get it to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaelanT For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift CaelanT Ad-Free
18th June 2011, 04:10 PM |#4  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
that looks excellent! very good work!
20th June 2011, 11:01 PM |#5  
Flag Aberdeen

Donate to Me
More
Will you be working on this some more?
20th June 2011, 11:32 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelanT

Will you be working on this some more?

most likely i'll do some more work. my phone took a dive in the pool over the weekend, so i'm letting it "air out" a bit before i put the battery back in it. pretty sure it's hosed, but we'll see.

if i have in fact trashed my phone, i'll probably hit someone up for some testing.

you have something in mind or are you wanting to take it and run with it in another direction?
20th June 2011, 11:38 PM |#7  
Flag Aberdeen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlym3

most likely i'll do some more work. my phone took a dive in the pool over the weekend, so i'm letting it "air out" a bit before i put the battery back in it. pretty sure it's hosed, but we'll see.

if i have in fact trashed my phone, i'll probably hit someone up for some testing.

you have something in mind or are you wanting to take it and run with it in another direction?

No, this is a great animation. Just you said you would work on the artifacts, so I wondered if you would be doing that.

Bad luck on your phone. My iPhone 3GS took a spin in the washing machine, and that was that. No amount of rice was bringing it back.
21st June 2011, 04:56 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaelanT

No, this is a great animation. Just you said you would work on the artifacts, so I wondered if you would be doing that.

Bad luck on your phone. My iPhone 3GS took a spin in the washing machine, and that was that. No amount of rice was bringing it back.

phone actually boots up, but the screen is fsck'd. back in the rice it went, but i know it's not gonna make any difference, but i'll let it sit for a while longer while i decide on what to do about a new phone. really hurt to bring my gayPhone back into service, i hate that frickin' thing.

anyhow, in answer to your question, yeah, i'll fix the artifact problems. i wanted to add an android to it as well, but i'm still toying around with some ideas.
21st June 2011, 12:25 PM |#9  
Flag Aberdeen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsonlym3

phone actually boots up, but the screen is fsck'd. back in the rice it went, but i know it's not gonna make any difference, but i'll let it sit for a while longer while i decide on what to do about a new phone. really hurt to bring my gayPhone back into service, i hate that frickin' thing.

anyhow, in answer to your question, yeah, i'll fix the artifact problems. i wanted to add an android to it as well, but i'm still toying around with some ideas.

Was my iPhone's screen that went out for me also. Just white all the time. I was able to extract some files from it just from memory of screen layout, then did a full wipe.
21st June 2011, 12:31 PM |#10  
Flag Šala
Thanks Meter: 198

More
????
works on ginferblur 4.5 ATT (1.83)?????
21st June 2011, 01:41 PM |#11  
Flag Aberdeen

Donate to Me
More
Quote: