FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: Was the installation successful?

Yes
 
167 Vote(s)
78.40%
No
 
46 Vote(s)
21.60%

[MOD][BOOTLOADERS]AT&T GB Bootloaders [OUT OF SUPPORT]

1,979 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,606
 
By Cezar`, Retired Recognized Developer on 18th June 2011, 10:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi guys.
I extracted the bootloaders and param.lfs from the latest AT&T Firmware, I897UCKF1 and created an OneClick ODIN package.
Flashing bootloaders is a dangerous deal but you take the same risk every single time you go back to stock using OdinOne CLick.
However, if you decide to go ahead with this method, you do it at your own risk.
I tested the package 3 times on my phone so it should be safe.

Now, you might ask why would you update the bootloaders again?
Mainly because I9000 bootloaders are not designed for I897. We've seen that there are a several differences between I897 and I9000 so is not hard to believe that having I9000 bootloaders might impact stability and even performance.

WARNING! Make sure you have a stable USB connection between your computer and your phone!
I really cant tell you how to check that, but is THE MOST IMPORTANT prerequisite.

WARNING! Key combos after flashing the bootloaders will be the same as in Froyo:
Vol UP + Vol Down + Power = Recovery
Vol UP + Vol Down + USB insert = Download

WARNING! If you have troubles connecting the phone to PC, download samsung Kies and install it to get the latest samsung drivers but make sure is not running while flashing the bootloaders.

Cyanogen MOD users, stay away!


The steps which you will need to take are as follows:
  • Download the package from here
  • Extract OneClickI897UCKF1-bootloaders.exe
  • Restart the phone in Download Mode
  • Run OneClickI897UCKF1-bootloaders.exe - with administrator permissions if on Windows 7 or Vista!
  • Connect the USB cable to the PC and the phone
  • Click "Start"
The phone will reboot by itself and you should see the ATT boot logo.



Good Luck!


Note: ANY version of Android should work with these bootloaders.

Note: Some users reported that after flashing the package, the ATT logo didnt appear but some black screen with colored points. If that happens, flash the package again.
The Following 52 Users Say Thank You to Cezar` For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cezar` Ad-Free
 
 
18th June 2011, 11:02 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 148
 
More
First off, thanks for creating the One-Click package!

Did you do it with the new tool in the most recent Gingerbread leak?

Also, has anyone noticed any appreciable differences between the Captivate and i9000 bootloaders? I think it's fair to assume there must be some difference...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icezar1

Hi guys.
I extracted the bootloaders and param.lfs from the latest AT&T Firmware, I897UCKF1 and created an OneClick ODIN package.
Flashing bootloaders is a dangerous deal but you take the same risk every single time you go back to stock using OdinOne CLick....

18th June 2011, 11:06 PM |#3  
RockRatt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,728
 
More
So after doing this will the roms like Apex 7 work with these bootloaders? Seems like that is what your are saying since any android version should work. Or will it not since it would be different framework or something? I have been on the i9000 gingers Continuum and the Apex along with the first gingerbread. I really liked Apex 2.3.4 and would be nice to have the ATT Captivate Gingerbread yet be able to use Apex. Then if this is the case we would then lose the advantage of having the awesome call quality of the audiance chip since we would have a i9000 based kernel and i897 modem. Just trying to clarify here. Thanks for your time and work.
PS. I am on DGs 1click gingerbread right now.



Sent from My KickAss Captivated CM7 OC'd 1.5Ghz/Undervolted
18th June 2011, 11:09 PM |#4  
Koizuma's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag East Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 65
 
More
Sweet awesome work
18th June 2011, 11:11 PM |#5  
RockRatt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3,728
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammyh

First off, thanks for creating the One-Click package!

Did you do it with the new tool in the most recent Gingerbread leak?

Also, has anyone noticed any appreciable differences between the Captivate and i9000 bootloaders? I think it's fair to assume there must be some difference...

As I stated above I have been using the i9000 gingerbread roms and now trying DGs 1click and one major noticeable difference in my opinion was how CLEAR and LOUD the calls are. I guess being on i9000 froyo and Ginger roms I never really realized how much the audience chip made call sounds so much better. The downfall is no hsupa+ speeds but it did not seem too bad as I get about 2-2.5 download but only 500-1.0 upload with it. As far as smoothness and reliability I would almost say pretty damn equal.

Sent from My KickAss Captivated CM7 OC'd 1.5Ghz/Undervolted
18th June 2011, 11:13 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 148
 
More
Just FYI, this just *almost* hard bricked my phone.

One-Click packaged crashed while downloading "boot.bin" aka Primary Bootloader. Got the wonderful ol' "Phone ! PC" symbol.

Also of note, vol down + vol up + usb DID NOT bring be back to Download mode, like it would normally have down with any i9000 or i897 PBL and SBL combo. Luckily Vol Down + Power did bring me back to Download, and I'm back up and running. In fact, I believe that's the first time ever that I've recovered a soft-brick without using vol up / down + usb. Very odd. Just counting my lucky stars that I had a crash while using ODIN to flash "boot.bin" and I'm still alive to talk about it.

Edit: Glad to hear it's working for others, but I've NEVER had an Odin flash crash on it's own before. Makes me a little suspicious something is not right.
18th June 2011, 11:15 PM |#7  
Reynaldinho111's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cary, NC
Thanks Meter: 397
 
More
Just flashed over Apex 7.1 and it worked perfectly. Feels good to have the old three button combo back :P Thanks Cezar!
18th June 2011, 11:18 PM |#8  
xpakage's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Oklahoma
Thanks Meter: 515
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammyh

Just FYI, this just *almost* hard bricked my phone.

One-Click packaged crashed while downloading "boot.bin" aka Primary Bootloader. Got the wonderful ol' "Phone ! PC" symbol.

Also of note, vol down + vol up + usb DID NOT bring be back to Download mode, like it would normally have down with any i9000 or i897 PBL and SBL combo. Luckily Vol Down + Power did bring me back to Download, and I'm back up and running. In fact, I believe that's the first time ever that I've recovered a soft-brick without using vol up / down + usb. Very odd.

Just a warning to anyone else... Icezar1 you might want to test this package a bit more before dropping it on XDA.

What ROM are you running? I just flashed over COG 5b with no problems.

DG thought the boot sound had been removed but it was still there. Now it is gone as planned by DG.
18th June 2011, 11:19 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 148
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockRatt

As I stated above I have been using the i9000 gingerbread roms and now trying DGs 1click and one major noticeable difference in my opinion was how CLEAR and LOUD the calls are. I guess being on i9000 froyo and Ginger roms I never really realized how much the audience chip made call sounds so much better. The downfall is no hsupa+ speeds but it did not seem too bad as I get about 2-2.5 download but only 500-1.0 upload with it. As far as smoothness and reliability I would almost say pretty damn equal.

Sent from My KickAss Captivated CM7 OC'd 1.5Ghz/Undervolted

That however is due to Modem + Kernel + ROM. Not bootloader.
18th June 2011, 11:20 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 148
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpakage

What ROM are you running? I just flashed to COG 5b with no problems.

DG thought the boot sound had been removed but it was still there. Now it is gone as planned by DG.

Was running Continuum 5.6 v/ Talon Test build and Voodoo Lagfix enabled.

It's possible it was just a fluke, but after hundreds of Odin flashes off of my archived One-Click copies, I just find it unlikely. Then again, we humans due have a bias to find causality in not nessecarily related events...
18th June 2011, 11:23 PM |#11  
mrhaley30705's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag North Georgia
Thanks Meter: 2,458
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shammyh

Just FYI, this just *almost* hard bricked my phone.

One-Click packaged crashed while downloading "boot.bin" aka Primary Bootloader. Got the wonderful ol' "Phone ! PC" symbol.

Also of note, vol down + vol up + usb DID NOT bring be back to Download mode, like it would normally have down with any i9000 or i897 PBL and SBL combo. Luckily Vol Down + Power did bring me back to Download, and I'm back up and running. In fact, I believe that's the first time ever that I've recovered a soft-brick without using vol up / down + usb. Very odd. Just counting my lucky stars that I had a crash while using ODIN to flash "boot.bin" and I'm still alive to talk about it.

Edit: Glad to hear it's working for others, but I've NEVER had an Odin flash crash on it's own before. Makes me a little suspicious something is not right.

Your flash didn't take. Thats the i9000 loader combo for dl mode. Also, I flashed this twice and had no problems. A lot people flashed this with no problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to mrhaley30705 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrhaley30705 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes