Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM][6.20.2011]NAMELESS v4.1 (Updated) - based on EC09 Gingerbread Leak

515 posts
Thanks Meter: 509

By navenedrob, Senior Member on 20th June 2011, 09:21 AM
Post Reply Email Thread

NOTICE
THERE IS CURRENTLY A SERIOUS ISSUE WITH EC09. NOT JUST THIS ROM, BUT ALL EC09 VARIANTS INCLUDING THE STOCK LEAK. THIS IS NOT A USUAL, CAN LIVE WITH BUG, THIS IS A SERIOUS BUG IN EC09. THIS SPECIFIC BUG CAN POSSIBLY WIPE YOUR ENTIRE SD CARD. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE EC09, PLEASE MAKE A BACK UP OF YOUR DATA. I AM FREEZING PUBLIC RELEASES FOR NAMELESS UNTIL I CAN RESOLVE THIS ISSUE. I WILL NOT BE RELEASING PATCHES OR UPDATES THROUGH XDA, BUT WILL BE TAKING TESTERS TO TEST POSSIBLE PATCHES TO FIX THE SD CARD BUG. IF YOU THINK YOU WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THIS, PLEASE PM ME ON XDA OR FIND ME ON IRC. CONSIDER THIS A WARNING BEFORE FLASHING EC09. WHEN EC09 WAS LEAKED TO THE PUBLIC IT WAS NOT KNOWN THAT THIS BUG WOULD HAPPEN. I APOLOGIZE TO THOSE THAT THIS BUG HAS OCCURRED TO, AS IT WAS NOT MY INTENTION FOR YOU TO LOSE YOUR DATA, ONLY TO HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE.

NAMELESS v4.1
based on the EC09 Gingerbread Leak

--------------------

Although no one was involved in the re-packing/making of this ROM but me, I still want to personally thank these people for supporting or defending the Fascinate community (in no particular order):

Adrynalyne
Imnuts
JT1134
nemesis2all
Everyone on IRC!
... and others! You know who you are!

...let's not forget p3droid.

--------------------

About:

This ROM is the EC09 leak with my personal touches and changes, the changes of others, and some common sense tweaking to present a smoother, faster, EC09 experience, nothing more. Most of what I have done with this ROM is common place, but it does perform (in my opinion) better than a stock ROM.

--------------------

Screenshots:

Stock VS NAMELESS v4:

--------------------

What you really want to know:
  • Stock Kernel (for now)
  • Froyo OTB recovery by nemesis2all !! SEE FAQ BELOW !!
  • Supercleaned
  • De-odexed
  • Zipaligned
  • De-TouchWiz'ed
  • De-bing/De-VZW'ed browser
  • Framework edits by Adrynalyne
  • Go Launcher EX
  • Nano/Bash
  • Su/Superuser
  • Busybox
  • AOSP Deskclock
  • Touchwiz Calendar/Calculator
  • Latest GAPPS 6/13 ~ CtoPhone, Gmail, GVoice, Maps, Street, Vsearch, Talk2 (with video chat)
  • Appwidgetpicker
  • Download Crutch
  • RFS auto-format on install
  • fix_permissions 2.08, rw, ro, fast_media, default_media, bstats scripts
  • build.prop tweaks including the market fingerprint fix
  • Malware exploit patch

--------------------

FAQ:

Q: Ok, I'm cool with it, so what should I know about installing it?

A: You SHOULD be able to install this from any CWM 3 recovery, but there are some CWM3 recoveries that won't work with my scripts and tools used to install the ROM. THIS STEP IS NOT OPTIONAL, IF YOU DON'T DO IT EXPECT PROBLEMS

It is important that if you are coming from a Froyo ROM that you are using a compatible recovery. I don't have a list, unfortunately, of these recoveries, but I do know that these two work:

INSTALL PROCESS (for a successful install):

Q: Ok, what kind of caveats can I expect from this ROM?

Since this stuff is "new" we really haven't had time to prepare anything for it. I am releasing this here as a WIP, that's work in progress. Please DO NOT use the recovery for anything but flashing other ROM's, other recoveries, or other kernels. DO NOT use the recovery to try to wipe ANYTHING. KEEP voodoo conversion DISABLED. I have provided this recovery for ease of use.

Q: I'm on a Froyo ROM right now, but I use Voodoo, do I have to turn off Voodoo before I flash this?

A: No, you don't have to do that. If you use the recovery I posted you should be able to flash and it work OK.

Q: Right now I'm using JT1134's (awesome) CM7 fascinatemtd ROM, can I flash this if I am using that?

A: No, you will need to ODIN a stock ROM WITH the atlas_v2.2.pit, which you can flash with ODIN v1.3.

Q: Do I have to do a "data wipe" before I install this ROM?

A: No, you do not have to do any kind of wipe before installing, the ROM will do that for you. It will wipe all your data during install, keep that in mind!

--------------------

FILES:

Post Install Notes: After installing, and booting into the OS, I recommend doing a reboot and clearing out the data for Go Launcher in application settings. If when booting the OS you are getting an ACORE force close loop, then something went wrong with the install: either the proper recovery was not used, or for some reason the install script did not run correctly and was not able to setup the environment correctly. If you did not use the recovery mentioned, try flashing it, then try flashing this ROM and see if that fixes the issue.

4.1 Bugs: Video and streaming video are broken, downloads is broken

Download Link:

4.1 CHANGELOG
  • Browser bugs - added 8 tab support, custom user agent switching (downloads still broken)
  • Camcorder bug - you can take videos now (video is however not playable)
  • Added "tuneup" script which can be run through adb or terminal emulator to enable some speed tweaks -type "tuneup" at command prompt to enable every reboot
  • Re-work of some installation scripts and processes
  • Added YouTube app, which I forgot last time
  • Added stock SGS Gingerbread enterprise Email app
  • Sbrissen mods! Thanks Sbrissen!
  • Multitouch tweak

http://www.mediafire.com/?vkuorfurworvl57

http://www.mediafire.com/?omq8fgnshe8f78z

This does not flash a modem, get the EC09 modem ODIN flash here:

EC09 Modem:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1132236

A Froyo modem WILL work with this ROM, so if you are on EC01, ED01, ED03, or ED04 modem variants, it should work fine.

--------------------

If you like my work, consider donating, or thanking me by clicking the thanks button
The Following 43 Users Say Thank You to navenedrob For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift navenedrob Ad-Free

20th June 2011, 09:45 AM |#2  
Flag El Paso
Thanks Meter: 19

More
so a quick question. the original leak required to be odined and, from MT understanding, included a new radio. your version is installable from cwm. does that also flash the radio? or am I mistaken somewhere?
thanks for this btw!
20th June 2011, 11:00 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Is it possible to flash this after CM7 without going to stock Froyo or Eclair?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
20th June 2011, 11:12 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
you should be able to use the ODIN leak to get from CM7 to a stock build because the leak does include the pit, radio, and formats the drive but if you are skeptical about it start from the atlas 2.2 pit and dl09 stock build
20th June 2011, 11:50 AM |#5  
Flag Crestview
Thanks Meter: 510

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TtWEAK

Is it possible to flash this after CM7 without going to stock Froyo or Eclair?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

no

10char
20th June 2011, 11:59 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Will it work with froyo radio?

Tappaty Talk'd
20th June 2011, 12:03 PM |#7  
London
Thanks Meter: 52

More
How can you get Baseband Ver EC09 ?
20th June 2011, 12:11 PM |#8  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIBUBO BCJ

How can you get Baseband Ver EC09 ?

You have to ODIN yesterday's gingerbread leak.

Btw, thanks a lot for this. I was a big fan of v3.
20th June 2011, 12:35 PM |#9  
Account currently disabled
Flag South Florida
Thanks Meter: 820

Donate to Me
More
Cool launcher. Thanks for coming back and supporting us
20th June 2011, 01:21 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Thanks Rob.

I get camcorder force close. Not sure if this is isolated or rom related.

Good to see you get nameless back on the market!
20th June 2011, 01:27 PM |#11  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 6

More
ED04
Seems to be working fine with ED04 modem, doing restore with TB.
Had FC with android and samsung keyboard but is working fine with swype.
So far seems OK.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
corrupt sd, gingerbread, samsung fascinate

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)