Remove All Ads from XDA

[TUT] How to root 2.3.3 Xperia Neo with lock bootloader

45 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By nash_ph_41, Member on 21st June 2011, 06:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Great news for Xperia Neo User

After several try, i successful root 2.3.3 Xperia Neo

First at all thank to kistigun and kokbiel for discover this in Xperia ARC, therefore i take this as a credit for them

If you are Neo user i believe u have go through this page
[TUT]

But if you try that, i ensure you that you may brick your phone, as that tutorial is for Xperia Arc only. So this is how to root your NEO.

Basicly is using back the same way like Xperia ARC, just you change the firmware to M15 instead of L15. i copy entire thing from Kistigun step in here
.................................................. .................................................. .......

Do not try this if you have an unlocked bootloader or if you dont know what your doing! I'm not resposible if you break or brick your phone!

If you're allready on a rooted .181 and OTA update is available for you just update your firmware. If there is no OTA update available for your customazation version follow these instuctions:
- flash back to M15 3.0.A.2.181 generic with the flashtool
- Use Gingerbreak or Superoneclick to root your device
- Update your Xperia Neo using a OTA(over the air) update(Go to settings->About phone->Software update)
- Enjoy your rooted 2.3.3!!!

Update 1: it seems that the OTA update is not working if you did any modifications to/deleted system files so it's adviced to always flash the .181 firmware provided in this post
Update 2: if you have any battery problems after flashing the .181 firmware(if it's only showing 1%) removing the battery for a few minutes should solve this
Update 3: thanks to ricstc we now have a video tutorial on how to follow these instructions
Update 4: if you want you can keep your user data by unchecking the whipe user data in the flashtool while selecting the correct ftf file. this will cause a lot of error message's on 2.3.2 but just click them away and continue the procedure, after upgrading again to 2.3.3 the error message's will be gone!

Update 5: IF some of you unable update the via OTA, don worry, restart the phone and left it 1-6 min, and try to update again.

M15 3.0.A.2.181 Generic Rom
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nash_ph_41 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nash_ph_41 Ad-Free

24th July 2011, 08:36 AM |#2  
Flag www.XPERIA.cz
Thanks Meter: 4,008

Donate to Me
More
is it possible to upload ifrmware to any other site? i cannot download from there. Thanks
24th July 2011, 11:51 AM |#3  
Flag Vernon
Thanks Meter: 487

More
How come the neo doesn't have a section of it's own?

Sent from my R800i using XDA App
24th July 2011, 10:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
it looks that file with .181 is no longer available from this Chinese site...
26th July 2011, 05:50 PM |#5  

More
Thanks!! is great =)
Need a Neo forum!
27th July 2011, 02:38 PM |#6  
Leeds

More
Here is the HF mirror of the M15 3.0.A.2.181 Generic Rom

Cheers,
27th July 2011, 04:22 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenemesis

Here is the HF mirror of the M15 3.0.A.2.181 Generic Rom

Cheers,

thanks for helping
28th July 2011, 04:45 AM |#8  
Leeds

More
Just add a few lines from my experience.

The booting after OTA upgrade seems to go forever. After a looooooong time it just greyed.

(I cannot believe) it's not bricked. Just knock off the battery and put it back. This time the rebooting will be done in a flashy manner.

Now a pop-up will welcome you to the world of Android 2.3.3 with root privilege.
Now I have
28th July 2011, 09:27 AM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovenemesis

Just add a few lines from my experience.

The booting after OTA upgrade seems to go forever. After a looooooong time it just greyed.

(I cannot believe) it's not bricked. Just knock off the battery and put it back. This time the rebooting will be done in a flashy manner.

Now a pop-up will welcome you to the world of Android 2.3.3 with root privilege.
Now I have

really, maybe it depend on the network, i just done it after brick my phone 1 time, but after that found this way,flash, root and update, seem is ok for me.
3rd August 2011, 08:33 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Smile
Hello guys,

I really need some help!!

I've started this but after "found on usb..." it gave an error and told me to turn on the phone...

But the phone does not turn on!! I press the power and there is the small vibration but nothing happens. All stays black screen.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.

I've sorted this out! Had to use a special shielded microUSB cable to be able to complete the update using SEUS without loosing connection.

About flashing, I had no luck. Always the same error asking to alow untrusted apps and usb debugging...

Anyone did this with success?
4th August 2011, 12:06 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

Can we apply the M15 3.0.A.2.181 on a MT15a phone?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)