FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Hack] Unlblocking Market Apps (Market 2.3.6)

188 posts
Thanks Meter: 62

By Smtih, Senior Member on 21st June 2011, 01:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
WARNING: It appears that doing the following changes will mean you can not use the online version of the market to push apps to your phone!

The following hack DOES NOT unlock paid apps.
The following instructions are for phones which apps don't show up in the market due to.
1) No flash or auto-focus on camera
2) Apps are protected and do not show up on unrecognized phones
3) Screen size is too small (mostly for QVGA users)

(If your missing apps due to country restrictions use market enabler)

Thanks go to Atl4ntis for the patched Vending.apk

This has been tested for android 2.2.1 and 2.3.4 on IDEOS U1850. It should work for any phone I believe, however I don't have anything else to test this on.

WARNING: I am not responsible if anything happens to your phone. Whilst the procedure should be safe, always do a backup before editing system files.

You will need a file explorer with root access, these instructions assume you are using root explorer (this could also be done through ADB)

Dowload the Market fix files.zip and extract vending.apk and android.hardware.camera.flash-autofocus.xml onto your sd-card

1. Go to manage applications, all tab.
2. Go to market, clear cache, data and force stop
3. Go to Google Services framework, clear data and force stop
4. Copy vending.apk over file in \system\app\ (make sure you mount r/w if it's not letting you copy)
5. Longpress vending.apk and change permissions to be rw-r--r-- (read + write for owner, just read for group and user)
6. Copy android.hardware.camera.flash-autofocus.xml to \System\etc\permissions\ (you don't need to copy this if it already exists in that folder)
7. If copied change permissions to be rw-r--r-- (read + write for owner, just read for group and user)
8. Edit the following build.prop lines to be the following (Some of these lines may already be correct)
Froyo:
ro.build.id=FRG83
ro.build.fingerprint=google/passion/passion/mahimahi:2.2.1/FRG83/60505:user/release-keys
ro.build.description=passion-user 2.2.1 FRG83 60505 release-keys

Gingerbread:
ro.build.id=GRJ22
ro.build.display.id=GRJ22
ro.product.name=soju
ro.product.device=crespo
ro.build.description=soju-user 2.3.4 GRJ22 121341 release-keys
ro.build.fingerprint=google/soju/crespo:2.3.4/GRJ22/121341:user/release-keys

(if you edit the build.prop on the pc then copy it back over, please don't forget to fix permissions to be rw-r--r--)

9. Reboot phone, and give it a bit of extra time to startup before opening the market.
10. Open market, agree to TOS.
11. Go to manage applications, all tab.
12. Go to market, clear cache and force stop (DO NOT CLEAR DATA)
13. Go to Google Services framework, clear data and force stop
14. Open market, and you should get an error. (This is good)
15. Restart phone again.

And tad-ah, you should be able to access pretty much anything.
Please let me know if this works or doesn't work for you, what phone you are using, what ROM and what app you can't access (if that's the problem).
Attached Files
File Type: zip Market Fix Files.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.22 MB, 13071 views)
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to Smtih For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Smtih Ad-Free

21st June 2011, 05:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Works perfectly on my chinese Flytouch 3 tab! A lot of apps were not in the market... But now, they are

Thanks! (I will test it with my HTC Wildfire tomorrow!)
21st June 2011, 08:03 PM |#3  
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 404

More
It works great for me!

Thank you!
21st June 2011, 10:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Nice job. Works perfectly on my Ideos 8150 2.2.1
I have tried this market fix on the ROM Cataclysm by atl4ntis(fantastic ROM), but i needed a fix for all kind of ROMs becouse i use to flash very often all new ROMs out there
22nd June 2011, 10:35 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Nice
Thank You
search results by the word "music" over 2000 more
by the word "video" over 2000 more too
22nd June 2011, 12:05 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Works perfect on Wildfire!
6000+ apps for music and 8000+ apps for video!!

(needed to reboot 2 times on wildfire )
22nd June 2011, 05:19 PM |#7  

More
First of all thanks to Smtih! The tutorial worked great for me! I also get 8000+ Apps, if I search video and I was able to install a few Apps I didn't have access to before.

I have a HTC Wildfire with CM 7 NB 103 and I still cannot install/find some Apps. Like... Google Mail oder Camera 360? Does that work for other Wildfire Users? Can anyone tell me, why that is?
22nd June 2011, 05:25 PM |#8  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nthnthn

Works perfect on Wildfire!
6000+ apps for music and 8000+ apps for video!!

(needed to reboot 2 times on wildfire )

Same here, after two reboots (step 15) it worked ! Thanks a lot !
22nd June 2011, 09:28 PM |#9  

More
HTC wildfire CM7 - did all the steps shown and rebooted 3 times. No new apps at all. Any help?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App
23rd June 2011, 05:15 AM |#10  

More
Red face Problems.
I don't understand the this step:Edit the following build.prop lines to be the following (Some of these lines may already be correct)

Can somebody explain to me please

Edit:eek:kay, I've figure it out how to edit build.prop. Its in the /system/build.prop xD

Btw After the error comes out and i reboot the last time, it works!
23rd June 2011, 06:16 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by satopunch89

HTC wildfire CM7 - did all the steps shown and rebooted 3 times. No new apps at all. Any help?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

Is your build of CM7 using gingerbread 2.3.4? Also are you using the gingerbread build.prop edits, not the froyo ones?

EDIT: to people rebooting twice you shouldn't have to. Make sure after rebooting on step 15 wait a good couple mins once at your home screen before trying the market.
Though if all you have to do is reboot it again to make it work. Who really cares :P.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread