FORUMS

[TOOLS/APP] [CM7/9] dpi/cleaner.zip template & MTP-MassStorage switcher

2,178 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,578

By Zatta, Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor on 21st June 2011, 08:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2011, 10:42 PM |#41  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Flag Sneek

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper_h

I got two questions:
-Why don't you clean init.d scripts anymore?
-Previous version had gps improvements, why did you remove them?

1) because the purpose of this zip is to ease the upgrade process with our nightlies. Every time you flash a nightly the entire /system gets replaced which includes the init.d folder so basically there is no need to do it.
2) because those tweaks come from fadefx's update zips, he is the gps expert. You flash his zip in a row with this one or merge them yourself, I'll add a link to his location: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=8589. Actually I removed those tweaks for the same reason why I removed the gapps. I still use version 613 but most people prefer 828. You can flash the version you like, for example in a row with rommanager.

Besides that, I am spending my time more on learning how to build cm myself, pull commits, figure out git and github and I am working on an app that combines rommanager, nitrality and this zip.

Taptalked u see
The Following User Says Thank You to Zatta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zatta Ad-Free
8th November 2011, 06:46 AM |#42  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 16,105

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the insight. I made one zip with:
-Adjusted version of your cleaning script
-GPS improvement of FadeFX
-Multilanguage LatinIme
-ThinkOffice
-Bootanimation
-Theming lockscreen-part in framework.res
-Ubuntu font+fix for squares at end of word
The Following User Says Thank You to kasper_h For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kasper_h Ad-Free
8th November 2011, 08:47 AM |#43  
Flag Sneek

More
Cool, you understand the aim of this project.

Taptalked u see
15th November 2011, 09:42 AM |#44  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
And once again I am doing a similar thing.

Mine is current my personal rommanager: After selecting a device,it parses the number of the latest nightly. You can choose another version,though. It then downloads the file to sdcard with a nice little progress bar after hitting the download button. Then there is another button to boot into recovery,which is the only function that needs root.

Do you automatically start the flashing process with your app? If so, how?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy
15th November 2011, 08:51 PM |#45  
Flag Sneek

More
Nice! The app that I am creating is doing (at this point of time):
-search SD card for latest nightly (works perfect but is done with shell commands in a class that I found in nitrality source)
-search for latest gapps (but is not working perfect yet since there is also a file there named gapps-gb-20110828-newtalk-signed.zip)
-search for dpi_cleaner_v1g.zip
-search for latest fugumod kernel
-Flash that all if they are checked in Recovery.

the searches are done as I said with shell commands like in the script I posted a while ago but I am working my way out of there so that I can do the same in java.

Once I have the right paths/filenames I work them into a extendedcommand that is put in /cache/recovery and then I reboot into recovery (again with a shell command) and CWM recognizes the extendedcommand.

You can see how a extended command should look like if you use, lets say, rommanager to flash a zip. After You have flashed there is a file in /cache/recovery/last.log or something like that to have a look at.

Meanwhile I am also looking in a way to create a decent file-explorer that is showing only the filetree towards .zip files. And I am still looking into ways of mounting the /data and /system in a shellscript that also works when either a partition is not mounted at all or mounted r/o. Thus far only the command "mount -a" seems to work.

The finally, maybe next year of later, the app should be able to download stuff, add zips by browsing, change sequence of flashing, and include the feature of dpi_cleaner_V x.zip and have that customizable. But we'll be running CM10 by than I'm afraid..
15th November 2011, 09:59 PM |#46  
Thanks Meter: 150

More
Hehe, well, maybe you are done when some CM9 RC gets out. Things get fast after a sourcecode release, I'm pretty sure they are working heavily on CM9 right now.

I found the /cache/recovery/command file after I discovered the sourcecode for clockworkmod here:
https://github.com/CyanogenMod/andro...ead/recovery.c
There is a little bit of documentation there, too ... seems like you can also tell CWM to wipe data and cache there, but not much more.

Well, I'm a java dev, its WAY easier for me to write java then writing shell scripts. I'll PM you my current state code, perhaps you can use something from it.

Btw, I took your idea with the checkboxes to generate the command lines ... now its getting really crowded on my view. I found a way to scroll vertically, but I'm thinking of using horizontal swipe to get to another screen and do some stuff there ... we will see how that goes ... I know java, but I'm new to the android sdk.

regards
muff99
The Following User Says Thank You to muff99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift muff99 Ad-Free
16th November 2011, 02:30 PM |#47  
Flag mohammedia
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thumbs up
Awsome
11th December 2011, 12:17 AM |#48  
Flag Sneek

More
Someone interested in a version for teamhacksungs ICS?
21st December 2011, 01:48 AM |#49  
Flag Essen
Thanks Meter: 184

More
Please make it ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatta

Someone interested in a version for teamhacksungs ICS?

Late but not to late?

Off course we need it

Sorry about my bad english.

Bitte macht weiter hier oder mit ner schönen app
21st December 2011, 02:57 AM |#50  
Flag Sneek

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgs9

Late but not to late?

Off course we need it

Sorry about my bad english.

Bitte macht weiter hier oder mit ner schönen app

Weil mein English besser ist als mein Deutsch, lesen geht doch gut!

Don't make illusions about the app, it will never be public I am afraid, progress it too slow, I am completely new to java. But who knows, maybe I'll post it in the future.
The zip is ready for distribution, I wondered if anyone would use it, it is basically the same as the cm7 version appart from the cleaner. I will upload it tomorrow (uhh, today, it is almost 0400 am).

Edit: *** removed url, see OP ***
This cleans almost all sounds available in the rom. However, some still appear in the lists. Don't know how. All sounds are written down in the cleaner.sh, just comment (with an #) out the one's you like to keep.
For the apps that are removed you have to open the same cleaner.sh and see for your self.
It sets the dpi to 210, you can change that yourself in the dpi.sh.

Other things it does are : wipe /cache and /data/dalvic-cache and it fixes permissions for you. That is all, no tweaks at all, it is way too early for that.

Succes
17th January 2012, 10:55 AM |#51  
Flag Sneek

More
Hello again,

Today I've uploaded a small app to the market to change your USB mode from MTP to mass_storage and vice versa. Only tested by myself so maybe someone else would like to try it.
It is here on the market.
Please check it and tell me what you think of it.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Zatta For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Zatta Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mod tool cm7 flashable

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)