FORUMS

[APP] Flashlight Alerts 1.5, now supporting lots of phones + email + Google Voice

95 posts
Thanks Meter: 42

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey all,

You may recall the Flashlight Alerts app I released last year for the HTC EVO and a few other phones:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=35

Originally, the app would flash your LED when you received a phone call or when you got a new text message. Right after releasing, I got a bunch of requests for new features and supporting new phones.

Well, I finally found the time and I've now expanded the app so it works with many more phones (including the latest EVO 4G update and Nexus S), and added support for Gmail, Email, K-9 Mail, and Google Voice!

As always, the APK is attached for XDA members.

The app is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you would like to donate:

Let me know what you guys think!
Attached Files
File Type: apk FlashlightAlerts.apk - [Click for QR Code] (24.6 KB, 10252 views)
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to rdude For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rdude Ad-Free
22nd June 2011, 06:29 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I've been waiting for this to be upgraded for Gingerbread for awhile now. Thanks a ton!
23rd June 2011, 08:35 AM |#3  
Flag Canyon Country, CA
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up
I can see how this can be really useful. Is it possible to make it automatically activate when the phone is set to silent mode? This way when the phone is set to vibrate or sound it not light up?
23rd June 2011, 08:46 AM |#4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 12,605

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdude

Hey all,

You may recall the Flashlight Alerts app I released last year for the HTC EVO and a few other phones:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4&postcount=35

As always, the APK is attached for XDA members.

The app is also available in the Market for $2.99 if you would like to donate:

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks for letting us XDA members have this for FREE.......really appreciate it dude! This is one of the best features on my EVO!! Every time I'm in the club or somewhere I can't hear my phone, this is ALWAYS a life saver!! PLUS is a great way to piss off iPhone users....they're like, what's that.....AND I just laugh because they're totally clueless..hahahahaha.....THANKS again dude!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mazda Ad-Free
23rd June 2011, 09:25 AM |#5  
Smile
Many thanks mate. Been waiting for this king of application. Works perfectly on my HD2.
I love it!!! Two thumbs up. Will definitely buy it on Android Market.

What about additional settings to configure the blinking interval of the flashlight?
23rd June 2011, 10:58 AM |#6  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_hanks

What about additional settings to configure the blinking interval of the flashlight?

I totally agree!
Actually I believe the best feature (in my case) would be to allow the LED to flash every xx seconds. So when my GS2 lies on the table and when I have unread SMS / mail / voice message or a missed call it can remind me to check it!
Perfect settings would allow to set the flash rate (like .-.-.-. or .-.) and the timing for the reminder in seconds (blink every xx seconds).

Anyway that's a great app and a great job!
Works fine on my GS2 2.3.3

Thanks dev!
23rd June 2011, 01:20 PM |#7  
Flag Manchester, UK
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I have been waiting for an application like this since the day I first tried Android on my HD2.

Thanks for creating this app.
23rd June 2011, 01:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
This is terrific and I am going to try this out on my Incredible, as the EVO and Incredible are basically the same.
23rd June 2011, 02:12 PM |#9  
Flag London
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark13

I totally agree!

Perfect settings would allow to set the flash rate (like .-.-.-. or .-.) and the timing for the reminder in seconds (blink every xx seconds).

Would need a time limit too so you could have blink [whatever pattern] every X seconds for Y minutes. Oh and if possible, create different blink patterns for different types of notifications
23rd June 2011, 05:41 PM |#10  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Angry Works fine with Desire and ReflexS ROM
Thanks so much, I really like this program.
Now it works again also with Gingerbread ROMs.

Best regards
23rd June 2011, 05:48 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
this sounds great can you make this availble for more devices???
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)