However I've decided to post it again with some more details:
- WP7 with Chevron installed on your device. I'm using NoDo ROM so it's working there too.
- TouchXplorer installed on your device.
- Zune installed on your PC.
Steps to do it:
- Sync desired ringtones as Zune music to your phone and disconnect it.
- Start TouchXplorer on your device. From now on, we will work with it.
- Go to [My Documents\Zune\Content\0100\<xx>] where xx should be the biggest number if more than one folder is there (might be 01, 02 etc, if in doubt select the last one)
- The folder is filled with MP3 files with two letter hex number names (ex: 45.mp3, a7.mp3 etc.). Go to the end of the list and locate your ringtone(s) by listening to the files. Zune should put the last synced files at the end of the list.
- Select your ringtone files(s) and cut or copy them.
- Go to [My Documents\My Ringtones] and paste the files there.
- Rename ringtone file(s) to the name(s) you would like to see in Ringtone settings screen (keep the .mp3 extension!). Oddly enough, MP3 description is NOT used, just the file name.
- Now go to device's settings and under "ringtones & sounds" in Ringtone selector you should see your ringtone(s) together with built-in ringtones.