FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Galaxy on Fire 2

489 posts
Thanks Meter: 63

By Z4nd4r, Senior Member on 23rd June 2011, 08:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I didn't find a thread for this game, so I'm starting one.

Galaxy on Fire 2 THD

This is a graphics rich, fairly immersive RPG/space flight sim (I've only played it for a little bit, so I don't know how far the gameplay goes). It's a THD, or Tegra Zone, game, and it's free for any device with a Tegra 2.

The controls can be a little wonky until you get used to them, but I think some fiddling with the setting/experience at the helm will fix that right up (wish it used a Wiimote classic, though). Gameplay is fun and not too redundant (so far), progression is pretty straightforward with freeplay quests on the side of the storyline, and it's freaking gorgeous on the Streak 7.

Did I mention free? If you haven't downloaded this yet, do yourself a favour and get on it. It's a great toilet surfer, if you know what I mean.

The only downside I've encountered thus far is that it's locked up on me twice, requiring a hard-reboot (that and the first time I tried to download it it crapped out halfway, but that could have been my T-Mo signal). It's probably fairly RAM intensive; I'm going to try killing apps before I run it, next time (something I usually avoid like the plague on FroYo+ OS). I've only run it on the stock ROM, so no idea if this plays well with StreakDroid or HoneyStreak. I also have yet to hook this up with the HDMI dock, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

This game, more than any I've yet tried, really showcases the awesome of the Streak 7. I was playing it in the hospital yesterday (friend having a baby), and the family there are all Apple people; iPhones, iPads, etc. They were all asking what the Streak 7 was (I had to find a polite way to say, "it's like an iPad, only better in just about every meaningful way").

**UPDATE**
I didn't realise this at the time that I wrote this, but the game is not free. It's free for a limited amount of gameplay, but then it costs to purchase the whole game. It's pretty awesome, though, graphically; so it might just be worth it for you. I haven't decided if I'll purchase or not because the darned thing keeps locking up on startup (requires a hard restart for the Streak).

25th June 2011, 01:49 AM |#2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Downloaded it and played it for about an hour up to the point that it said I have to purchase the full version to keep playing. Full version cost $15.
Did not buy it.
Other that that the game played amazing. Great graphics and video and audio stayed synced up the entire time. No freezes or reboots for me. Just doesnt seem worth 15 bucks to me. I would probably do about 6 or 7 dollars max for this game.

That was my .02.

Sent from my Streak 7 rocking the Streakdroid7 ROM
26th June 2011, 05:13 PM |#3  
Flag sunderland
Thanks Meter: 1,306

Donate to Me
More
have tried this on rc2 of honeystreak, seems to play nicely actually. very good game
27th June 2011, 04:55 AM |#4  
Mesa
Thanks Meter: 10

Donate to Me
More
anyone care to post their game saves?
great game btw i play it too much though lol
27th June 2011, 06:48 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
Just downloaded it last night. So you are telling me its NOT free??? Looks like a good game.
27th June 2011, 07:58 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colorado Springs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravityrat

Downloaded it and played it for about an hour up to the point that it said I have to purchase the full version to keep playing. Full version cost $15.
Did not buy it.
Other that that the game played amazing. Great graphics and video and audio stayed synced up the entire time. No freezes or reboots for me. Just doesnt seem worth 15 bucks to me. I would probably do about 6 or 7 dollars max for this game.

That was my .02.

Sent from my Streak 7 rocking the Streakdroid7 ROM

I hadn't played it for that long by the time I wrote the OP. I might pay for this game (incredibly good graphics on a mobile; this is console-quality), but it keeps locking up my tab.
28th June 2011, 09:32 AM |#7  
Flag sunderland

Donate to Me
More
Id def pay for this like tho i prefer old games...anyone wanna port openttd to 7 so that its usable lol

Sent from my Atrix via tapatalk
28th June 2011, 09:37 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Colorado Springs

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Steve

Id def pay for this like tho i prefer old games...anyone wanna port openttd to 7 so that its usable lol

Sent from my Atrix via tapatalk

This doesn't work on it?
https://market.android.com/details?i...h_result&pli=1
28th June 2011, 09:40 PM |#9  
Flag sunderland

Donate to Me
More
lol it works but not too well
29th June 2011, 12:00 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 122

More
OpenTTD is great but I use the files from my real TTD.

As for this game, playing it, works very well. I like it. Tho for "drilling" seems the on screen analog stick works better then the tilt controls, for combat tilt works better.
29th June 2011, 02:21 PM |#11  
Flag San Antonio
Thanks Meter: 613

More
wow, I am willing to spend 5-7 bucks like I did on the xbox live games on my hd7, but no chance I'm spending 15 on any mobile game where a hard reset might mean me having to start the whole thing over. Maybe it will go onsale at some point.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)