FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Heimdall with windows 7 64 bit

338 posts
Thanks Meter: 48

By kkoshko1, Senior Member on 26th June 2011, 04:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys tried using heimdall with my PC, epic fail. Keep getting missing . dll file. I installed Microsoft c++ and Microsoft framework 4.0. Any ideas what else to do?

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to kkoshko1 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kkoshko1 Ad-Free
26th June 2011, 04:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,761

Donate to Me
More
You have to have this installed also:
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...displaylang=en
(Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FBis251 Ad-Free
26th June 2011, 04:33 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Thanks worked, I've been trying to figure that out forever!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App
26th June 2011, 05:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 3,761

Donate to Me
More
Stick to following the guides and you'll be fine:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1127419

It has the link I posted for you there, so if you follow all the steps you'll be fine.
28th June 2011, 09:37 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Hi,

I'm getting "heimdall-frontend.exe-Application Error" problem. Please refer to following error detail.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b), Click OK to close the application."

I'm using heimdall v1.1.1 with Windows 7 64-bit. How to solve the problem? I m waiting heimdall in order to flash my SGT.

Thanks,

EDIT:
Problem Solved!!

Install 32bit of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables (vcredist_x86.exe) on Windows 7 64bit will solve the problem.
16th October 2013, 07:13 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
In my case the file MSVCR110.DLL was missing. You will need the following package:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30679

This thread comes up first for a google search for "msvcr110.dll heimdall" so I though I'd post this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k00zk0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k00zk0 Ad-Free
31st October 2013, 03:41 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I had the same error and in my case it was because I downloaded the x64 Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 package and Heimdall is on x86. Just download and install the x86 package to fix this like I did
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cilk For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cilk Ad-Free
18th May 2014, 08:16 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
I'm having the same problem here. As per the readme:

Quote:

1. If you get an error as follows:

The program can't start because MSVCP100.dll is missing from your
computer.

This means that you haven't installed the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010
runtimes. The runtimes can be downloaded from Microsoft's website:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en...s.aspx?id=5555

When i go to install I get:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

Any suggestions?
11th December 2014, 03:04 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Problem not solved
I have followed your instructions and I still get the same missing .dll error when opening Frontend.exe in Heimdall Suite. I have uninstalled & rebooted, then reinstalled & rebooted the redistribution package, but the same error persists. I checked to make sure the .dll was actually on the computer and it is, so I even made a copy of it and placed it in the same Heimdall Frontend.exe directory,yet same error continues.

What directory does Frontend.exe check for the existence of the file?

Installing the file you noted as the solution, did not "solve the problem."

I am running Windows 7 64 bit and it is all up to date according to Microsoft website.

Thank you for all help in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jourdan

Hi,

I'm getting "heimdall-frontend.exe-Application Error" problem. Please refer to following error detail.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b), Click OK to close the application."

I'm using heimdall v1.1.1 with Windows 7 64-bit. How to solve the problem? I m waiting heimdall in order to flash my SGT.

Thanks,

EDIT:
Problem Solved!!

Install 32bit of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributables (vcredist_x86.exe) on Windows 7 64bit will solve the problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to brettjameson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift brettjameson Ad-Free
20th August 2017, 08:07 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cilk

I had the same error and in my case it was because I downloaded the x64 Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 package and Heimdall is on x86. Just download and install the x86 package to fix this like I did

An entire week on and off noodling around, scratching my head, screaming at the walls, cursing Windows/Microsoft, so THANK YOU is not enough for this tip. (...scenario like this is only one reason why I use Linux as my preferred OS)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)