FORUMS

Mount Transformer to Linux Mint - automated.

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By rootblock, Member on 27th June 2011, 05:09 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th August 2011, 04:03 PM |#41  
Flag Örebro
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I've got the Playlists directory showing up when mounted too (along with all the other folders), but can't find it on the device. I could however create a file in that directory, but it was automatically renamed to .m3u. It might be an implementation thing related to MTP, ie it always shows up when an MTP device is found and is handled in some special way?

I think the best bet is to see how it compares to Windows. If no files (except possibly the Playlist folder) shows up, I think it's safe to assume that the problem somehow relates to the encryption.
26th August 2011, 06:58 AM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm getting "Could not display "/media/Transformer"

Error: Error stating file '/media/Transformer': Transport endpoint is not connected. Please select another viewer and try again.

Got the same thing with the script or the new udev rules.

Ubuntu 10.10 64b
26th August 2011, 08:05 AM |#43  

More
ddms seems to work though... good enough for now
26th August 2011, 04:45 PM |#44  
Flag Örebro

More
Have you tried disconnecting and connecting a couple of times? (Rebooting ofcourse, both computer and pad possibly).

If it doesn't work, I would recommend clearing 51-android.rules and trying the commands in a terminal instead. Especially the mtpfs command is of interest. I guess you need to chmod /media/Transformer as well, 0666 or 0755 should do it.
27th August 2011, 01:47 AM |#45  

More
I didn't try rebooting the pad, but everything else I did.
27th August 2011, 02:22 PM |#46  
Flag Örebro

More
I find it strange that typing the commands in a terminal doesn't give some sort of error message. Are you using the original ROM?
31st October 2011, 10:26 PM |#47  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
now for a long time i didn't use mtp at all, haven't transferred any big files and for everything else I use dropbox.

BUT I now have done the step to Ubuntu Oneiric, with which I am overall very unhappy, yet there is no alternative in terms of usability for me...
I hope Mint comes to rescue and makes it better.

so, besides other quirky issues, I installed mtpfs and it is unable to mount the Transformer.
IF it is mounted, then there is nothing shown, besides the empty Playlist folder.
but in most cases, mtpfs fails and, in debug mode, shows a lot of errors...

anyone else here experiencing the same?
1st November 2011, 07:47 AM |#48  
Flag Örebro

More
I have updated to Oneiric (fresh install) and it works for me. I installed mtpfs with apt-get and added the udev rules, and added myself to the fuse group. Worked after reloading udev rules (or rebooting).

The Users and Groups program in Ubuntu 11.10 is not as complete as in earlier Ubuntu versions, due to the transition to Gnome 3.x. So I used the CLI instead, "sudo adduser username fuse" if I remember correctly.
3rd November 2011, 06:45 PM |#49  

More
You were right, I did forget to add myself to the fuse group,
the problems however did also happen when I sudid the commands,
so the group permission didn't help either.

Don't know why it would not work now with 11.10 for me, I did a fresh installation also.
Well I can still use sftp or smb, or Dropbox but without lansync, this would take some time.

Now if you would please update your signature, I could just copy it and place it in mine
3rd November 2011, 09:47 PM |#50  
Flag Örebro

More
Haha Done!
7th November 2011, 06:16 AM |#51  
Flag Sheffield

More
Great work mate,

loaded up fuse module and ran the script on Archlinux,
Worked out of the box