[Q] [POLL] TouchWiz 4 actually working on I9000?

Do you use TouchWiz - is it stable?

• Yes - rockstable!

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • Sometimes a few issues, but only FC's

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Sometimes sudden reboots and freezes

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Often sudden reboots / freezes / FC's

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • No - none of the above (other launcher, etc.)

Votes: 7 9.9%

• Total voters
Search This thread

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
Hi everyone.

I have tested quite a lot of various TouchWiz 4 releases (in custom ROMs, as App-Release and so on) and no matter, which version I was using, after a while i got sudden freezes and reboots (after approx 2 minutes of freezing).

Most of the issues happenend when playing a game (Angry Birds, Worms), sometime just out of the sudden.

Am I the only one experiencing a unstable behaviour? I mean, TW4 is really nice but as it makes the phone quite unreliable, I cannot use it.

So please answer the survey and give me a hint, which version / release of TW4 actually works (un-)stable on your Galaxy S.

Thank you,
kind regards,
ww

Update: the poll releates to TW4 :D

Last edited:

smiles.smiley

Apr 23, 2011
Hi everyone.

I have tested quite a lot of various TouchWiz 4 releases (in custom ROMs, as App-Release and so on) and no matter, which version I was using, after a while i got sudden freezes and reboots (after approx 2 minutes of freezing).

Most of the issues happenend when playing a game (Angry Birds, Worms), sometime just out of the sudden.

Am I the only one experiencing a unstable behaviour? I mean, TW4 is really nice but as it makes the phone quite unreliable, I cannot use it.

So please answer the survey and give me a hint, which version / release of TW4 actually works (un-)stable on your Galaxy S.

Thank you,
kind regards,
ww

Update: the poll releates to TW4 :D

I'm having the same issue as you do. Totally killing the fun with such a nice launcher.

Besthiroeu

Apr 18, 2011
Running TW 4.5 by Fr4gg0r on Darky v10.2 EE. So far no major issues. I like how tw 4.5 has loads of options like any other launcher. It has some minor bugs but no FCs, Freezes or reboots.

;)

MrAndroid12

Mar 30, 2011
Auckland
Sometimes, the screen freezes randomly when TW4 launcher gets closed by android. Tasks within the phone are still running however

autophone

Oct 27, 2010
i get reboots sometimes but i am not sure if its the launcher or the app i am currently using. i am using fr4ggor's app overall i think its great. it can really be a stable app if the development is continued but it seems like its not.

webwude

Oct 28, 2010
Vienna
According to my tests:

- almost any ROM with TW4 (regardless what release): unstable, sometimes after few days
- ROM without TW4 - at least more stable

Kind regards,
ww