FORUMS

[APP] SuperDim

848 posts
Thanks Meter: 415

By arpruss, Senior Member on 28th June 2011, 10:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
RootDim (formerly known as ScreenDim) lets you set the screen brightness on backlit screens below what the OS normally allows, which is handy for amateur astronomy where the lowest normal OS backlight setting (even with a red nightmode) leaks enough through the black pixels to damage night vision. Moreover, SuperDim lets have several brightness profiles, and to include nightmode settings (enabled by ChainFire3D or Cyanogenmod's render fx) as part of the brightness profile.

Needs root.

Public domain, source code available. In Market (search for RootDim).
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to arpruss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arpruss Ad-Free
2nd July 2011, 03:47 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Now in Market (free, no ads).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arpruss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arpruss Ad-Free
9th July 2011, 03:35 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I just uploaded version 1.10, which restores low brightness settings after the screen is turned off and back on (the OS normally was restoring its brighter screen).
9th July 2011, 04:22 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Works well, but seems to mess with the functionality of the notification/charge LED (Nexus One, CM7.1)
9th July 2011, 08:45 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtentpeg

Works well, but seems to mess with the functionality of the notification/charge LED (Nexus One, CM7.1)

I assume this is when you use the other lights option to toggle these lights, or when you restore a profile, right?

In version 1.11 (just uploaded), I no longer restore other lights when a profile is loaded--this should help with your problem, as long as you don't touch the other lights. Eventually, I may add an option to choose which lights get restored from a profile.
13th July 2011, 03:24 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
I originally made SuperDim for setting very low backlight settings on LCDs, and so I made it not work on non-LCD screens (e.g., OLED). But I've since realized that the profile feature might be useful for non-LCD users as well, so I've released version 1.20 that supports non-LCD screens. It's in Market. While I was at it, I cleaned up the code a little, made it more javaish (I'm new to java).
14th July 2011, 09:00 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 212

More
My MyTouch 4G just seems to turn the screen off totally if i go below 20 brightness, it dims but then shuts off.
14th July 2011, 10:19 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Doesn't work at all with Dell Streak 5
14th July 2011, 10:19 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 70

Donate to Me
More
I'm sorry to say, but Screen Filter does the same, but doesn't require root.
14th July 2011, 10:42 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 80

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifarunnerr

Awesome, thanks for the Advise!
14th July 2011, 10:55 AM |#11  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 291

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fifarunnerr

Actually, all Screen Filter does is dim the colour of the pixels. This app actually modifies the screen backlight level. E.g. Screen Filter just makes the screen gray-er.

Also, works good on Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, but the backlight completly switches of when set to under 15.

Sent from my X10 TripNMiUI-IRIS using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to Frosty666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Frosty666 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)