FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Screen impossible to use with "water" on your fingers!

1,243 posts
Thanks Meter: 894

By a1exander, Senior Member on 30th June 2011, 02:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

Is it just me or is it freaking IMPOSSIBLE to use the touch on the Xperia X10 when you have just slightly like swetty fingers? If theres just a little water on the screen the touch goes banana crazy and it takes a while for you to even unlock the lockscreen. Is that just my phone or is it like that for everyone?
30th June 2011, 02:50 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've also had this problem i come back from football with sweaty fingers and its near impossible i wouldn't even try to text someone
30th June 2011, 02:54 PM |#3  
Flag Realm of W├╝rttemberg
Thanks Meter: 292

More
That's a problem for EVERY capacitive touchscreen, not only for the x10. Water makes it impossible for the screen to recognize touches correctly because every drop is recognized as a touch. Just google capacitive touch screen to learn more about how this technology works.

Sent from my rooted X10i using awesome custom roms
30th June 2011, 03:00 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 631

More
It sucks if you have sweaty palm syndrome, which I have . Even the smallest of stimulation of fingers and my whole hand starts sweating, meaning every time I use the X10 my hand sweats and the screen spazzes
30th June 2011, 03:50 PM |#5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 5,234

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kantk20111

It sucks if you have sweaty palm syndrome, which I have . Even the smallest of stimulation of fingers and my whole hand starts sweating, meaning every time I use the X10 my hand sweats and the screen spazzes

The new Xperia Active is said to use a Wet Finger Tracking technology that allows you to use the screen with wet hands! See more here.
30th June 2011, 04:24 PM |#6  
Flag brussels
Thanks Meter: 115

More
Please buy Xperia Active or if you want a cheaper option..carry a couple of tissues with you!!
30th June 2011, 04:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Sorry to interrupt from a P500 user, but i can use my device when my finger is wet.

I used to check for messages and news after taking a bath, so my finger is quite wet. But i have totally no question with my screen with those wet fingers, but it is on my P500 though. =)
30th June 2011, 04:47 PM |#8  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Edinburgh, Scotland
Thanks Meter: 5,234

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hon kin

Sorry to interrupt from a P500 user, but i can use my device when my finger is wet.

I used to check for messages and news after taking a bath, so my finger is quite wet. But i have totally no question with my screen with those wet fingers, but it is on my P500 though. =)

Resistive screens worked with pressure, so it's only normal that water and moist didn't make a difference.
30th June 2011, 05:22 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by My_Immortal

The new Xperia Active is said to use a Wet Finger Tracking technology that allows you to use the screen with wet hands! See more here.

Agreed and it is water resistant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Wk_Kr8bP-Q
30th June 2011, 06:02 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Hmm. here is my story. (its ur choice to believe or nt)

i was using StealthGuards last time. and it work out fine. FYI: i have sweaty fingers at times.

but after i remove it (cuz of my caseing)..i been having this problem too.

the "installation" for this screen protector is to use water and then let it dry about a day. i think thats the reason that my sweaty plams work.
30th June 2011, 06:14 PM |#11  
Flag Aberdeen
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I live in Scotland.

Where it rains.

alot.

New fangled phones can only be used indoors.

Or in a hoodie.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)