Based on the Desire-Z MIUI.us release available here: http://roms.miui.us/1.10.14/MIUI.us_...ipA_Signed.zip
- Wifi doesn't always work well with networks that use a hidden SSID, and not at all with hidden 802.1x EAP networks
- Green/purple line on photos taken at 5MP resolution with the Gemini JPEG encoder enabled.
- Phone will crash when UMS is enabled for internal storage.
- Need to restart wifi tethering to change SSID and security settings
Thanks to Geokolar, dzo, miuiandroid.com, miui.us, Juwe11, XJ, roenano and of course Xiaomi
- 1.11.04 MIUI.us (English/Chinese): http://roms.miui.us/, through ROM manager or through MIUI updater.
- MIUI-pt (English/Portuguese): http://www.miui-pt.com/roms/roms-beta/
- Update to latest MIUI.us release, with framework modified to support additional English locales
- Include native USB tethering from previous fixpack
- x5settings: Update donators list (Thankyou Jan!)
- Ram optimization script by Juwe11 (available here)
- Copy miui zip to your external sdcard
- Boot to clockworkmod recovery
- (Optional) Perform a backup. After backing up reboot recovery (in the advanced menu)
- Install zip from sdcard
- Important for first install Wipe data/cache.
- Reboot to system and enjoy. Be patient the first boot as it takes a while to build the dalvik cache and will just show a black screen for ~15 seconds.
- Firewall is by default set to quite aggressive settings. I would suggest looking over these and turning it off if you don't need any of the features.
- Don't use the battery usage monitor.
Thanks to those who donated to make this ROM possible:
Ho Made, P.Santos, haydnlj, khunjj, N. Kesina, R. Rhbäck, Gefjon, bazz07, L. Luc, saran, C.Grama, sergejk, A.Robson, Trevh, Red Krawler, D. Moens, J. Goosen.