FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DEV] Skype Video for Froyo (and GB)

253 posts
Thanks Meter: 261

By droidrx, Senior Member on 4th July 2011, 05:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm creating this thread to have a central spot for my updates on the Skype Video mod I'm doing. My objective is making skype video to support all devices from FROYO to the latest android version and to support more devices as possible.

The latest build can be found HERE

Another XDA member theos0o also did a Skype video mod that works for more GB devices. If my files don't work, try his updated files in this thread HERE

For those who want to make their own icons, you can follow this instruction from angusc HERE

NOTE: VIDEO CALLING WORKS FOR NEON SUPPORTED DEVICES ONLY (mostly ARM Cortex A8). Lower end devices and Tegra 2 devices are not yet supported)
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to droidrx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift droidrx Ad-Free

4th July 2011, 06:31 AM |#2  
Flag Malta
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Tried both files and I still cannot send video. The oter person only sees my video as loading. I'll see if I can get a logcat.

Had to use alogcat (adb doesn't play nice with this tablet), let me know if it's enough information otherwise I'll try to get ADB to really work.

alogcat.2011-07-04-08-18-15+0200.txt

Sent from my EM73_SIS_GC2M_V1 using XDA App
4th July 2011, 07:47 AM |#3  
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 3

More
com.skype.raider-2-onecam.zip working ok on my HTC HD2 with TyphooN CyanogenMod 7 Nightly v3.4.0 Android 2.3.4 GB ROM. Outgoing and incoming video working ok. My video (outgoing) is coming from the rear camera, no mirroring left-right, so all is perfect!
Thanks, droidrx!
4th July 2011, 08:52 AM |#4  
Flag Finspang-SE, Elblag-PL
Thanks Meter: 4

More
com.skype.raider-2-onecam.zip -Partially working on HTC DESIRE HD 2.3.3 stock.
When trying to connect I see pictures from my camera, but when connected - my picture goes black
Attached Files
File Type: txt Desire HD - skype video log.txt - [Click for QR Code] (33.9 KB, 466 views)
4th July 2011, 10:43 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parastie

Tried both files and I still cannot send video. The oter person only sees my video as loading. I'll see if I can get a logcat.

Had to use alogcat (adb doesn't play nice with this tablet), let me know if it's enough information otherwise I'll try to get ADB to really work.

Attachment 645143

Sent from my EM73_SIS_GC2M_V1 using XDA App

Tried both files, and other files on XDA, but always get the same result like Parastie has above.

Can receive video, but cannot send. Picture stays black. My tablet only has a front cam, choosing between back or front cam has no use. When I choose front cam is just places my black picture to the front. When I choose back camera it just places my black picture to the back.

Hop someone can fix it
4th July 2011, 11:34 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Sorry its not working with htc click. Both application not working.

Sent from my HTC click using XDA App
4th July 2011, 12:29 PM |#7  
Flag Midgaard
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Interesting observation; I've given the same froyo apk that works for me to my buddy with an almost identical SGS and it doesnt work for him (his video isn't shown, black screen).

I'll meet him in person later today to see what the differences between our devices are and will report after.
4th July 2011, 01:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
i9003 Froyo XXKB3
Almost works with i9003 2.2.1 XXKB3

dual cam version:

Rear Camera works perfect.

Front cam works perfect in preview mode before the other side picks up, after the other end picks up, it shows the front camera with interrupted by a green screen about once a second..

Attaching logs for both states
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip - [Click for QR Code] (44.1 KB, 498 views)
4th July 2011, 05:12 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Just tried, works well with the front camera on a Sidekick 4G.
Got a couple of freezes, but it comes back after a few seconds.
Thanks !!!!!
4th July 2011, 06:53 PM |#10  
Flag Midgaard
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GwynBleidd

I'll meet him in person later today to see what the differences between our devices are and will report after.

Hrm, I'm completely lost. Two identical SGS, bought at the same seller within a short timeframe, same ROM, same kernel, same modem, same tweaks, same file systems. The only difference is the theme.

On one the froyo apk works (mine), on the other doesn't (black screen from both front and rear cams, my buddy's).

The only thing I could suspect is that he's using a Gingerbread-styled theme, which possibly could substitute some system files or something?
4th July 2011, 09:31 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

Donate to Me
More
Samsung Galaxy Tab,

I can confirm it working, only problem is the video is on, the picture is shown on the side? like if i hold the tablet Vertically, the picture shows horizontally, weird?

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)