[Q] [APP Asking]USB TV TUNER support on android

Search This thread

trixo

Oct 13, 2010
Hi every wonderfull android devs !!

I'm a proud owner of the wonderfull (again) TF101, but i guess something usefull is missing in android mobility solution : i named : USB/PCI driver and player for TNT DVB-T TV Tuners under android

As now tablets and even phone have USB plugs and enough power to make it, maybe they can support those little USB TV tuner dongles.

As reference under windows i'm using pouchin TV which is a lite and fluid player for TNT TV (DVB-T - H264 codecs etc ...) but i know there are many more like this one and maybe some which could be better... BUT my guess is for android !! i fall in love with it, its not perfect but it tend to be a light and easy to use (and in same time powerfull and completly controlable and customizable).

(But if i can make a parenthesis i would say that android fully interface with windows and that's great but only few apps can fill the connectivity gap between androtablets and androphones (like pdanet for instance). So please think about functionnality between 2 android device in your apps devs ;)
parenthesis closed :). )

So what about my suggestion about a new kind of app for android : i mean TNT TV support (for mobility reasons) through mini antennas or wall antenna plugs?..

First : is it possible? (i guess most linux distro already did it)
second : will it be done one day? does some brave guys/grils with gold software coding hands would be brave enough to make it !?

Please respond to my hope!!!

Thank a lot for all the work already done and for the one that will be ! (in any topics :D)

Trixo

trixo

Oct 13, 2010
Hi

First thanks for replies.

So if i have well read, froyo include the good drivers for usb tuners, but the transformer is under honeycomb (but that shouldn't be a trouble, as i guess that drivers would be included to it also) and the main trouble would be to adapt this app to the transformer (hardware point of view), it's just à guess as I'm just a Mc guyver with c code... And at least working on a rooted stock Rom..

Am i right?

Trixo

Percy2395

Oct 29, 2012
It is possible to have tv on droid 3?

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I wanted to ask if i can have TV on my motorola droid 3. I have a hydrid tv tuner (ISDB-T and Analog TV) and I would know if i can use it in my phone. My phone supports OTG. Thanks

Tobias Claren

Jun 2, 2007
droidtv is the project for android and usb tv tuners. you can get it at; https://github.com/chrulri/droidtv

Is thid project "death"?

I have a DVB-T-Stick with RTL2832U Chip (and 820T).
In the Play store, there is also a driver for this "RTL2832U" based DVB-T sticks Intended for a SDR App.
I can receive flight transponder data live from airplanes with a app, but there is no universal DVB-T tv app :eek: ?
Only "DVB-T for Android" etc., for ELECOM Micro-USB etc. DVB-T-Tuners.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi every wonderfull android devs !!

I'm a proud owner of the wonderfull (again) TF101, but i guess something usefull is missing in android mobility solution : i named : USB/PCI driver and player for TNT DVB-T TV Tuners under android

As now tablets and even phone have USB plugs and enough power to make it, maybe they can support those little USB TV tuner dongles.

As reference under windows i'm using pouchin TV which is a lite and fluid player for TNT TV (DVB-T - H264 codecs etc ...) but i know there are many more like this one and maybe some which could be better... BUT my guess is for android !! i fall in love with it, its not perfect but it tend to be a light and easy to use (and in same time powerfull and completly controlable and customizable).

(But if i can make a parenthesis i would say that android fully interface with windows and that's great but only few apps can fill the connectivity gap between androtablets and androphones (like pdanet for instance). So please think about functionnality between 2 android device in your apps devs ;)
    parenthesis closed :). )

So what about my suggestion about a new kind of app for android : i mean TNT TV support (for mobility reasons) through mini antennas or wall antenna plugs?..

First : is it possible? (i guess most linux distro already did it)
    second : will it be done one day? does some brave guys/grils with gold software coding hands would be brave enough to make it !?

Please respond to my hope!!!

Thank a lot for all the work already done and for the one that will be ! (in any topics :D)

Trixo
    droidtv is the project for android and usb tv tuners. you can get it at; https://github.com/chrulri/droidtv

But thats for DVB .. any news about ATSC ?