By eugene373, Retired Recognized Developer on 10th July 2011, 02:20 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
HOW-TO Fix **ADB is not recognized in the CMD**

Navigate to & Left_Click on Start >
Right_Click on Computer >
Left_Click on Advance System Settings >
Left_Click on Environment Variables >
Left_Click on New ( User Variables ) >

Variables Name: ADB ( Or anything you want )
Variables Value: ;C:\SDK\tools ( Just like this, This is the Path of my adb.exe )

You must put a ; in front of ;C:\ ( adb Path goes here / Variables Value: )

That's it.. You now have set up adb to work Global via cmd prompt on win7
~Eugene
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to eugene373 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eugene373 Ad-Free
10th July 2011, 03:06 AM |#2  
Flag Henderson, NV
Thanks Meter: 713

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugene373

HOW-TO Fix **ADB is not recognized in the CMD**

Navigate to & Left_Click on Start >
Right_Click on Computer >
Left_Click on Advance System Settings >
Left_Click on Environment Variables >
Left_Click on New ( User Variables ) >

Variables Name: ADB ( Or anything you want )
Variables Value: ;C:\SDK\tools ( Just like this, This is the Path of my adb.exe )

You must put a ; in front of ;C:\ ( adb Path goes here / Variables Value: )

That's it.. You now have set up adb to work Global via cmd prompt on win7
~Eugene

That should help with a lot of the issues I see being posted, not only here but on many Threads. Simple path statement 101
The Following User Says Thank You to Docmjldds For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Docmjldds Ad-Free
10th July 2011, 10:13 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Better: Chose "Path" in "Systemvariables" and put it at the end of this line, i.e. like this: ";C:\android\platform-tools;C:\android\tools". Because then it'll even work if u run the cmd as administrator, which won't work if you do it as described above. Atleast its been the way on my W7 Ultimate 64

The Following User Says Thank You to Squalli For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Squalli Ad-Free
10th July 2011, 10:28 AM |#4  
Flag Hamburg
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Hi,

another way (and very useful for other reasons) is to change registry like this:

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\Command Prompt]
@="open cmd here"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Folder\shell\Command Prompt\Command]
@="cmd.exe /k pushd %L"
Afterwards you are - by right-clicking the adb-folder - directly in the right folder.

Don´t know if you have to restart, i´m using it just a long time.

Greets
idephili
Attached Files
File Type: rar cmd.rar - [Click for QR Code] (287 Bytes, 1188 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to idephili For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idephili Ad-Free
10th July 2011, 01:46 PM |#5  
Flag Gummersbach
Thanks Meter: 110

More
or just put the tools folder and adb binarys in C:\Windows or C:\Widnows\System32 ;)

done
The Following User Says Thank You to xtcislove For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xtcislove Ad-Free
10th July 2011, 08:13 PM |#6  
Flag Orange County
Thanks Meter: 303

More
I know this is of topic but thanks Eugene for all of your contributions
Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App
11th July 2011, 05:07 AM |#7  
Flag Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Eugene373, I am so happy you're devving on the Sensation! Thanks for the ADB how-to...it really helped! Will you continue to develop and make ROM's for this device?
13th July 2011, 06:39 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Alternatively you can also copy the ADB and Fastboot.exe files over to System32 or SysWOW64 folders and they work fine as well. :)
The Following User Says Thank You to serialtoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift serialtoon Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 02:42 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
as google shows up this thread here my two cents...

the mentioned methods don't work for me nor anyone else('s computer) running windows 7 professional 64 bit i know. here's what in fact works perfectly on any computer i tried it on:
copy the path to your adb.exe wherever it is, put a semicolon in front of the path and attach it to the existing entry in the PATH variable. no matter if you add it as an user oder system variable. last one is only to recommend as you're dealing with multiple users which all need to access adb via cmd
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pandorra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pandorra Ad-Free
24th May 2017, 11:55 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
is there a way to convert the twrp file backup on my pc to get it back on to my phone to install the backup everytime i try to put it back on my phone via adb it errors out and im stuck at this point ive been at this for over 10 hours just trying to restore my backup i have the backup file on the pc and ive backed it up earlier but now it errors there has to be a way to get this backup back onto my phone in a way that it will recognize it and install it please help lol im familiar with custom roms and the like not a expert but i kinda know what im doing and ive loaded custom roms on many phones in the past with no issues but this one is proving to be a real pain using a note 4 n910t

for more info i was trying to install petbede's rom and i managed to get to the reboot stage and he states it could take anywhere from 7-10 mins on average for it to boot up but mine was going on 20 mins plus and was getting really hot so i pulled the plug and as long as ive been trying to do this in one sitting i just want my backup installed and to be done with it for a few days untill i can muster the courage to try it again but this time i will be backing up on a seperate sd card that i can just pop into the phone to restore from since the pc copy is not playing nice with me
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)