Use this only on LG Thrive P506, not P505 or others.
Here's a flashable zip with the latest AT&T FOTA rom (thunderg-user 2.2.2 FRG83G LG-P506-V11h.19BA7112F9). Old, non-working mirror is here.
Changes from stock rom?
- rooted, deodexed, added a2sd support.
- updated Google apps (market, gmail, maps, voice search).
- added FM radio app (from P500) and AppWidgetPicker.
- RTL fix applied.
- AT&T apps moved from /system to /data, so they can be uninstalled.
- build.prop modified: debug.sf.hw=1 and wifi.supplicant_scan_interval=120.
How to flash?
- if you don't have a custom recovery, you first have to root, install Rom Manager and install CWM (use Optimus One (Old BB) version for now, it's imperfect but usable).
- use Rom Manager to boot to recovery (do nothing else from Rom Manager!), make a backup, and install the zip. The rom does not wipe your data, but do a factory reset before complaining about FCs.
- a patched CWM recovery can be found here. It only solves the color issue, not others. A real solution may be pending.
- I usually delete DunServer.apk and IQAgent.apk from /system/app, as they seem to run automatically and do nothing. Perhaps WapService.apk is expendable too. YMMV.
- AT&T preset bookmarks/contacts can be removed by using SQL tools on the appropriate databases. I didn't bother with wifi/apn presets.