[Proposition] Lets make together a new kernel (.32 or .35) porting for our device

Search This thread

Mur4ik

Aug 24, 2010
Hi all devs and owners of GT540 form this forum and from all world.

Would be cool if all we together can make a new krenel porting for our device.
And even better make a one/two rom that all people can use (ok, one/two and many many soft-mods of those ROM's ;)).

As you know I've tryed to make porting P500 official ROM (froyo and gingebread) and think its a better solutions. So we can portiong a kernel and system from P500 or each of us can use this kernel for our ROM's.

All of us know something about our phone and if we unite, we can create something really useful and better for our device.

I'm propose to make a .35 porting with P500 gingerbread system or .32 kernel porting with P500 FroYo system. Or ... we can port a .35 kernel and then use it for any ROM that you want.

Sorry for my Runglish. And let me know what you think about this idea and who wnt to be involved in this process.

Regards,
Mur4ik

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
i would love to help but i wouldnt no were to start because the only coding languages i no is batch, html and some php also i have been unable to get ubuntu or lunix mint to work with my wireless router but i will keep trying ;)

i think it would be better to have a kernel to use with any rom like a universial boot.img.

if you can point me in the right direction for a crash course guide in kernel making i will then try and help in any way i can.

good luck anyway :)

p.s did you get my pm?

Sent from my GT540 using XDA Premium App

Last edited:
Reactions: tejasjadhav

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
Я думаю, что это отличная идея. Скажи мне, что это я могу сделать, чтобы помочь?

Sorry for bad Russian just thought might be easier to understand :)

sent from my gt540 running mur4ik RC-X 825mhz q-score 1140

Mur4ik

Aug 24, 2010
Sorry, but, what are the features in this 2 kernel??

Its a more compatible with new Android's, and its give to us a posibilities to have a "official" froyo or gingerbread with codecs, tetherings, BT-headsets, better performans, new features ... and all other stuff that we have on our 2.1 but missing in all custom ROM's.

Current status on my 2.2 port of P500 ROM with .32 kernel is:
* problems with calls (rpc and old amss version issue)
* camera does not working (need to porting drivers)
* low sound volume (rpc and drivers issue)
* little problem with charging (driver issue)

Thats all that we should to solve. The rest thing are working fine (hope so).

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
Я заметил, новое ПЗУ очень хорошо работает с раздела подкачки. С новым ядром или 0,32. 35 обменяет улучшить еще раз? или нет? Я собираюсь установить Linux скоро, поэтому я могу помочь с этим решений :)

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
i would love to help but i wouldnt no were to start because the only coding languages i no is batch, html and some php also i have been unable to get ubuntu or lunix mint to work with my wireless router but i will keep trying ;)

i think it would be better to have a kernel to use with any rom like a universial boot.img.

if you can point me in the right direction for a crash course guide in kernel making i will then try and help in any way i can.

p.s did you get my pm?

If you look up kernel making in YouTube there is a guide on how to do so using Linux Ubuntu etc its quite good I'm also getting Ubuntu soon so I can actively dev

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Я заметил, новое ПЗУ очень хорошо работает с раздела подкачки. С новым ядром или 0,32. 35 обменяет улучшить еще раз? или нет? Я собираюсь установить Linux скоро, поэтому я могу помочь с этим решений :)

english aswel please lol

@mur4ik would a newer kernel be better for the battery and possibly fix my gps issue?

Chxrlyglez

Feb 12, 2011
México City
chxrlyglez.tumblr.com
Thanks Mur4ik!! That will be awesome.......and I think, if one person can do an excellent work, (like you an Joestone) with all work of devs can be posible to reach.
Unfortunable I cant help with this work, but I support it

Enviado desde mi GT540 usando XDA Premium App

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
english aswel please lol

@mur4ik would a newer kernel be better for the battery and possibly fix my gps issue?

Haha soz bro just thought mur4ik is always paying the respect of translating to English for us so thought should pay same respect on important matters :)

Mur4ik

Aug 24, 2010
Do not sure about GPS.
Battery ... maybe, but as for me 2 days of battery life is more that enougth with FroYo and Gingerbread.

Battery its a last thing that we should take care :)
I've started this thread only for making a fully working ROM for us.

@Danzano, please, use an English :)

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
no problem mur4ik im am going to study kernel making so i can help out in anyway i can ;)

also thank you for your continued work on are wee swift role on ice cream sandwich when it gets released:).

Mur4ik

Aug 24, 2010
So firstly we need to decide what kernel versions we need and on which ROM we can test it durring a development time.

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
Ok will do :)

I'm going to get sdk Ubuntu and try find an old desktop PC as a devving dedicated PC so I can work on this to as I would like to be involved with this and learn to

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
So firstly we need to decide what kernel versions we need and on which ROM we can test it durring a development time.

I think the latest swiftdroid and a .35 would be best because then we are atleast future proofing a little bit icecream sandwich comes out end of year and I would love to see it on gt540 but alot of the features on icecreàm will probably necessitate. 35 kernel being used

eoghan2t7

Recognized Contributor
Jan 18, 2011
Belfast
OPPO Find X2 Pro
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Most of users would be happy if we can make a fully worked 2.2.x or 2.3.x ROM.
Fast, stable, fullfeatured ... Thats all that we need.
i would go with a .35 kernel running the latest clean GB sources leave CM7 for the time being and once there is a fully working kernel then we could then add the lastest CM7 build to it.

Maybe joe.stone and pcfighter could help the kernel build aswel?

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
i would go with a .35 kernel running the latest clean GB sources leave CM7 for the time being and once there is a fully working kernel then we could then add the lastest CM7 build to it.

Maybe joe.stone and pcfighter could help the kernel build aswel?

True

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all devs and owners of GT540 form this forum and from all world.

Would be cool if all we together can make a new krenel porting for our device.
    And even better make a one/two rom that all people can use (ok, one/two and many many soft-mods of those ROM's ;)).

As you know I've tryed to make porting P500 official ROM (froyo and gingebread) and think its a better solutions. So we can portiong a kernel and system from P500 or each of us can use this kernel for our ROM's.

All of us know something about our phone and if we unite, we can create something really useful and better for our device.

I'm propose to make a .35 porting with P500 gingerbread system or .32 kernel porting with P500 FroYo system. Or ... we can port a .35 kernel and then use it for any ROM that you want.

Sorry for my Runglish. And let me know what you think about this idea and who wnt to be involved in this process.

Regards,
    Mur4ik
    Added a keys and touchscreen support.
    So update your's repo's.

The next things would be a screen driver and BT/WIFI support
    I think the best choice is to port p500 official gingerbread kernel 2.6.35.10 which is downloadable from opensource.lge.com.

p.s did you get my pm?

trybicki14, this is does not make sense, because each of us interest on different things and different ROM's.

For kernel porting everyone could be involved.