FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Legend BIOS POST bootanimation.zip

40 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By LeifAlbor, Member on 11th July 2011, 05:12 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,

I've liked the various BIOS POST boot animations available, but all of the ones I'd seen to date either refer to a hacked/over clocked device, or show the Android version at some point during it - so I wanted to make one that kept it generic and close to stock. Plus I wanted to have a crack at it for myself, and put some of my own touches on it.

I’m still working on some of the timings for this, so I welcome any feedback.

Samples:

Some component’s based on frysee's boot animation (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=648555), but everything else except for the Energy Star logo, and (frysee's) Android boot screen are original.

Download from here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3491048/bootanimation.zip

Install it with this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=14383699

Cheers,
Sam
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LeifAlbor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LeifAlbor Ad-Free

14th July 2011, 11:57 AM |#2  
Flag 重庆
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Wink
Thanks!
Really is a good thing!
14th July 2011, 12:12 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 76

More
I already asked it a long time ago in the original tread to make one for the legend, but it just keeps sitting in his to-do list

Thanks for this !
22nd July 2011, 06:24 AM |#4  
Flag Kota Kinabalu
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Nice... just patched my boot animation with this.... it feel like booting a 90's pc...

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my Legend using XDA App
29th July 2011, 04:26 PM |#5  
Flag Vila das Aves
Thanks Meter: 391

More
Does anyone knows about more bootanimations for legend? That i can use this instalation method?
29th July 2011, 11:51 PM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Launceston

More
ICavalera, read the thread here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=14383699 regarding the Boot Animation Installer. You can easily install any boot animation with that.
30th July 2011, 06:35 AM |#7  
Flag Vila das Aves

More
Thanks, but i want boot animation for legend to use with that software.

Sent from my Legend using XDA App
5th August 2011, 04:29 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Launceston

More
Ahh gotcha. Boot animations aren't phone specific. Hell, my BIOS one will work on any HVGA device, it's just the hardware information I wrote on the screen matches that inside the Legend.

You will need to make sure that any boot animation you load is the right resolution though (HVGA for the Legend), otherwise it'll look crap.

You'll find two types of boot animations floating round the forums

- ones that are the bootanimation.zip archive only (containing the png images and script)
- flashable files (containing the bootanimation.zip archive) which you install using CWM/Recovery.

Easiest way to check is if you download a boot animation zip and open it in WinRAR/7-zip. If it contains "Part0" and "Part1" folders, it'll work with Bootanimation Installer v3.3.
The Following User Says Thank You to LeifAlbor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LeifAlbor Ad-Free
8th August 2011, 03:43 AM |#9  
Flag Vila das Aves

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeifAlbor

Ahh gotcha. Boot animations aren't phone specific. Hell, my BIOS one will work on any HVGA device, it's just the hardware information I wrote on the screen matches that inside the Legend.

You will need to make sure that any boot animation you load is the right resolution though (HVGA for the Legend), otherwise it'll look crap.

You'll find two types of boot animations floating round the forums

- ones that are the bootanimation.zip archive only (containing the png images and script)
- flashable files (containing the bootanimation.zip archive) which you install using CWM/Recovery.

Easiest way to check is if you download a boot animation zip and open it in WinRAR/7-zip. If it contains "Part0" and "Part1" folders, it'll work with Bootanimation Installer v3.3.

Ohh thanks. That´s the info i need!
4th January 2012, 03:49 PM |#10  
Flag Astrakhan
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks! I will try it.
23rd February 2012, 11:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
...All these memories...
Great bootanimation!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread