FORUMS

[BUG REPORTING] DizzyDen's IMEIme IMEI Generator

1,301 posts
Thanks Meter: 568

By DizzyDen, Senior Member on 12th July 2011, 03:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
BUG REPORTING:
This program was initially ineteded to generate a unique IMEI based on your device S/N and update Dev's install zip files... it has become so much more, and as such there are many functions involved in this process.

Due to the complexity the program has taken on... far beyond what I initially intended... to report bugs please try to use the following as a template:

Function attempting: i.e. Updating ROM... In Place Upgrade... Update framework saved on computer... etc.
Error Messages: any error message you receive... or the last message you saw prior to the issue.
End result: i.e. TelephonyManager updated, ROM not... TelephonyManager updated framework.jar not... etc....
Environment: ROM in same folder as !IMEIme.exe... ROM on same drive as IMEIme.exe... ROM on different drive... etc. (same for framework if updating framework instead)
!IMEIme.ini settings: you can put your entire ini file if you'd like.

If you could take notes of EXACTLY what buttons you click on which prompt it would be EXTREMELY helpful...

As I said, this program has taken on functions I initially had not imagined including... the more features added, the more complex testing and tracking bugs becomes... I don't want to include a bunch of messages just for the sake of letting you know where in the code you are... would not be beneficial to you... more buttons to click for no reason, etc.

The more detailed you can be, the quicker I can see what is happening... otherwise I have to try to duplicate what I think you are doing when you get the error.

Everyone should click "Thanks" on bug report posts... they have been instrumental in getting the program where it is so far.
12th July 2011, 03:48 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member

More
RESERVED...
3rd June 2012, 04:32 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Adverse effects after running
First off, thanks for a wonderful application! Your app did in fact correctly give my Kindle a IDEI number, but it seems to have adverse effects.

Function attempting: Tried both in place Rom and update device and now attempting to use app with sound

Error Messages: Unfortunately DSP Manager has stopped (repeatably on any app)

End result: No sound and music apps crash. Some apps work but many do not. (I can provide logcat if needed)

Environment: Kindle Fire running cm9 using Hashcodes 3.0 Kernal latest (11) update.
!IMEIme.ini settings:

Use_In_Place = 0
Use_Previous_Patch = 0
Use_Serial_Number = 0
Use_MAC_Address = 0
Use_Manual_Input = 1
Encrypt_IMEI = 0
Use_IMEI(15) = 0
Use_ADB = 1
Use_ADB(usb) = 1
Use_ADB(WiFi) = 0
Clean_Up = 1
Include_Patch = 1
Device_Manufacturer = TI
Manufacturer_Device = Blaze
Device_Model = Full Android on Blaze or SDP
Build_Fingerprint = google/passion/passion:2.3.6/GRK39F/189904:user/release-keys
LCD_Density =
WiFi_IP_Address =
IMEI = 00127948612384612

Although I have tried multiple settings and configurations. I am sort of a noob so sorry if this is a silly problem.
6th June 2012, 05:35 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

More
Having looked into this... I can tell you there's nothing that the IMEI Generator does that would cause the issues you are seeing. I would recommend flashing a non-IMEI'd ROM for testing... then either do in place IMEI generation or running the IMEI Generator against the same ROM you flash.

For what you are doing... there are 2 files that are being modified, and neither should cause FC issues...
/sysem/build.prop for the manufacture, device, and build fingerprint
/system/framework/framework.jar is being extracted and edited to patch the IMEI in the GetDeviceID() function in android/telephony/TelephonyManager.smali and recompiled.

Clearing cache and dalvik cache may be something to try.
The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DizzyDen Ad-Free
6th June 2012, 08:16 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks! Clearing both caches AFTER the install made it work great. I had been clearing all of the memory beforehand but it did not work. My apps now work great!
11th January 2013, 12:49 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 117

More
Motorola Razr GSM (SPDREM_U_01.6.7.2-180_SPU-19-TA-11.6_SIGNEuropeAustraliaEMEA_USASPDRICSRTGB_HWp2b_ Service1FF) ICS.
I deodexed framework.jar because application seems to not work on odex files (as stock is), anyway new deodexed framework have not /com/android/internal/telephony/gsm/GSMPhone.smali file?! (or dir!!) infact !IMEIme 2.2.0.2 tell me about this issue (no GSMPhone.smali found). framework patched do not present diffecence between original one. exactly the same. no /android/telephony/TelephonyManager.smali mod applied.
I tryied to patch framework by "update device" + adb usb, with no device connected i choosed my framework.jar in my pc.

[Settings]
Use_In_Place = 1

Use_Previous_Patch = 0

Use_Serial_Number = 1

Use_MAC_Address = 0

Use_Manual_Input = 1

Encrypt_IMEI = 0

New_Type = 1

Use_IMEI(15) = 0

Use_ADB = 1

Use_ADB(usb) = 1

Use_ADB(WiFi) = 0

Clean_Up = 1

Include_Patch = 0

Device_Manufacturer =

Manufacturer_Device =

Device_Model =

Build_Fingerprint =

LCD_Density =

WiFi_IP_Address =

IMEI = 02546451548481584

stock framework.odex, jar and my deodexed framework attached.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Files.rar - [Click for QR Code] (6.15 MB, 474 views)
11th January 2013, 03:16 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Yes... due to another user trying to use the generator on a device with a framework.odex file instead of framework.jar I am looking into the most effective method of handling that situation. As of now... the generator will not work for you to patch imei functionality into the framework on these devices.
11th January 2013, 02:00 PM |#8  

More
i deodexed also framework.jar but no way to patch it, GSMPhone.smali is missing totally even in backsmalied odex too!!!!
I decided to apply the patch manually, but without this file and TelephonyManager.smali not regoular i was thinking about hard mod by motorola?! do you know something about?
Pls man, give me an hand, show me the way, backsmali it you too http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...0&d=1357865096
12th January 2013, 01:33 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm looking into the method to implement the imei into this.
The Following User Says Thank You to DizzyDen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DizzyDen Ad-Free
12th January 2013, 01:54 PM |#10  

More
do you mean into TelephonyManager.smali? I'm looking on it too. Seems so strange this framework...O.o
12th January 2013, 02:04 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Actually... looking through to find the best call to implement the patch into... TelephonyManager was the original method... but there may be better places to patch it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)