FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

IPhone and IPad OS System Sounds

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

By xebryus, Member on 12th July 2011, 07:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've searched the threads and found nothing that contained these files anywhere, so I decided to Jailbreak my IPad and pull these files off of it. I mostly did this for the Lock/Unlock sounds because I personally think they sound a lot more crisp and louder than Androids Lock/Unlock sounds. Included are 63 system sounds all converted to Mp3 at 320 kbps. Ranging from alarms, sms tones, lock sounds, etc.

If you choose to want to change your unlock/lock noise, use Root Explorer. Goto /system/media/audio/ui. You'll see "Lock.ogg" and "Unlock.ogg", rename the extension to ".ogg.old" or whatever you prefer. Than put the Lock and Unlock Mp3 files in that same /system/media/audio/ui folder and just rename the file extension to .ogg. Immediately the files should work.

I hope at least one person finds this of use.
Attached Files
File Type: zip IOS System Sounds.zip - [Click for QR Code] (1.11 MB, 108435 views)
The Following 61 Users Say Thank You to xebryus For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xebryus Ad-Free

12th July 2011, 09:13 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thanks I'm sure there are some people looking for these sounds. These sounds are the least annoying to hear over and over
12th July 2011, 09:19 PM |#3  
Flag Erie, PA
Thanks Meter: 41

Donate to Me
More
does this include the keyboard touchtone sounds? if so, that is all I really want. that and maybe the sent message notification sound. thanks

EDIT: Going through the .zip now. I think the keyboard sounds may be Tink.mp3 and Tock.mp3. if so, how do I apply those to my phone? in system/media/audio/ui the keyboard sounds are this: KeypressDelete, KeypressReturn, KeypressSpacebar, and Keypress Standard. How will android know which of the two apple sounds to use for which of the keypresses? if that makes any sense lol
13th July 2011, 01:23 AM |#4  
Flag Cave Creek
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I followed the OP's exact directions for the lockscreen and things went haywire, it was playing my ringtone for when I unlocked the screen. May not work on the ROM I am on?
13th July 2011, 02:30 AM |#5  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 367

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stastnysnipes26

does this include the keyboard touchtone sounds? if so, that is all I really want. that and maybe the sent message notification sound. thanks

EDIT: Going through the .zip now. I think the keyboard sounds may be Tink.mp3 and Tock.mp3. if so, how do I apply those to my phone? in system/media/audio/ui the keyboard sounds are this: KeypressDelete, KeypressReturn, KeypressSpacebar, and Keypress Standard. How will android know which of the two apple sounds to use for which of the keypresses? if that makes any sense lol

Do the keyboard will be different and I believe is both if I remember right it has two different sounds

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
13th July 2011, 04:23 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Bethesda MD

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC268

I followed the OP's exact directions for the lockscreen and things went haywire, it was playing my ringtone for when I unlocked the screen. May not work on the ROM I am on?

That's really odd. On all android devices and roms, that's where you'll find the lock and unlock sounds. I dunno, my best advice is just to make sure you put the right file in the folder. Best way to do that is just clicking the "lock.ogg" and "unlock.ogg" file in the /system/media/audio/ui folder and seeing what your music player plays. It should play the desired sound. If it plays your ringtone, than that's your issue.

Also try a reboot if you haven't. Sometimes the phone doesn't recognize the fact a new file in the folders, so check that out too
13th July 2011, 07:58 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Bethesda MD

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stastnysnipes26

So I was checking out the keyboard for my IPad and all the noises it makes. It solely uses the "Tock" file. That's the only sound it makes for Delete, Return, Spacebar, and Standard. So I tried it out, and replaced all the noises, I hate to say, but it didn't work out too well. If you text REALLY slowly, yeah, it would work just fine. I personally text quick as hell, so it only played once every 3 letters. Kinda annoying, so I just switched it back down to normal.

Sucks, I really don't like the typewriter noise that comes stock. I'll mess with it tonight, and see if I can shorten the audio clip ever so slightly, and see if that's the reason why it wasn't playing so smoothly? I'll keep you posted
1st August 2011, 04:21 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
This is great

Sent from my ThunderBolt using XDA App
4th August 2012, 06:51 PM |#9  
Flag Amsterdam
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Cool! Was looking for this.
But... It doesnt work, did everything u said but i have no sound when unlock / lock.
I have settings > sound > unlock sound > ENABLED
So whats the cause??
The Following User Says Thank You to Rene_ajax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rene_ajax Ad-Free
2nd March 2013, 04:22 AM |#10  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Exclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rene_ajax

Cool! Was looking for this.
But... It doesnt work, did everything u said but i have no sound when unlock / lock.
I have settings > sound > unlock sound > ENABLED
So whats the cause??

Same with me, even if I restore the original sounds it will give me no result no matter what I use. No sounds work; lock, unlock, camera, keyboard, click, none work, only one that works is the lowbattery sound and ringtones.
Have you checked your permissions for the folders and files? this might help, even though it did nothing for me.
Can anyone help me and Rene_ajax with this problem?
I made a post/thread about this and all I got was no solution.
25th April 2013, 12:37 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 99

More
Working like a charm on my N10, thanks OP.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
ipad, iphone, lock, system sounds, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)