Thanks ! "File descriptor in bad state" is an error you get when Bluetooth is off.
But just enabling Bluetooth with the FM off won't give us the answers we need.
If you can run this command several times with the FM on we can see if the frequency is changing:
adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 133 a 2 0
Your 97.1 MHz should always show "00 C0" at the end of the output.
Beyond that, we can see the most important FM registers by running the following:
# Now at the phone shell command prompt
for i in 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0a 0b 0c 0d 0e 0f 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 1a 1b 1c 1d 1e 1f 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 2a 2b 2c 2d 2e 2f 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 3a 3b 3c 3d 3e 3f; do hcitool cmd 3f 133 $i 2 0;done
# The above is all one line
# Should now be back at the PC command line.
Note that the line in middle is one BIG line. You will likely have to paste it separately.
C:\Users\trizos>adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 133 a 2 0
< HCI Command: ogf 0x3f, ocf 0x0133, plen 3
0A 02 00
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 6
02 33 FD 00 00 C0
EDIT: just a clarification: on the app it always says 97.1, but the sound changes as if it searches for other frequencies (maybe this is not needed but i realised i did not make quite obvious what i meant in my previous posts )
i did not quite understand that thing about FM registers, but i did run the command and i've attatched the output.
thanks for getting in trouble for me and i hope this is not becoming annoying for you man...