FORUMS

[Android 2.1+] Spirit FM Radio (Unlocker)

7,826 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,186

By mikereidis, Inactive Recognized Developer on 13th July 2011, 10:44 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
27th July 2011, 09:22 PM |#21  
Flag Thessaloniki
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikereidis

Thanks ! "File descriptor in bad state" is an error you get when Bluetooth is off.

But just enabling Bluetooth with the FM off won't give us the answers we need.

If you can run this command several times with the FM on we can see if the frequency is changing:

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 133 a 2 0

Your 97.1 MHz should always show "00 C0" at the end of the output.

Beyond that, we can see the most important FM registers by running the following:

adb shell
# Now at the phone shell command prompt
for i in 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 0a 0b 0c 0d 0e 0f 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 1a 1b 1c 1d 1e 1f 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 2a 2b 2c 2d 2e 2f 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 3a 3b 3c 3d 3e 3f; do hcitool cmd 3f 133 $i 2 0;done
# The above is all one line
exit
# Should now be back at the PC command line.

Note that the line in middle is one BIG line. You will likely have to paste it separately.

Thanks...

ok so i ran the first command and the frequency seems to remain the same cause output is always this:
C:\Users\trizos>adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 133 a 2 0
< HCI Command: ogf 0x3f, ocf 0x0133, plen 3
0A 02 00
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 6
02 33 FD 00 00 C0

EDIT: just a clarification: on the app it always says 97.1, but the sound changes as if it searches for other frequencies (maybe this is not needed but i realised i did not make quite obvious what i meant in my previous posts )

i did not quite understand that thing about FM registers, but i did run the command and i've attatched the output.

thanks for getting in trouble for me and i hope this is not becoming annoying for you man...
Attached Files
File Type: txt output(big command).txt - [Click for QR Code] (7.0 KB, 21 views)
28th July 2011, 09:44 PM |#22  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadTed

i hope this is not becoming annoying for you man...

I want/need my app to run on as many different devices as possible.

Since you are getting the "Received signal frequency is out of range" event, I think one of the following might work. Run these while the app is playing:

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 23 2 0 0 1

If that doesn't work, try:

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 23 2 0 0 0

If neither works, I'll post a new app version soon that may work.

Thanks !
28th July 2011, 10:38 PM |#23  
Flag Thessaloniki

More
Quote:

I want/need my app to run on as many different devices as possible.

Since you are getting the "Received signal frequency is out of range" event, I think one of the following might work. Run these while the app is playing:

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 23 2 0 0 1

If that doesn't work, try:

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 23 2 0 0 0

If neither works, I'll post a new app version soon that may work.

Thanks !

neither of these works...
when trying the first one, the first attempt had this output:

C:\Users\trizos>adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 23 2 0 0 1
< HCI Command: ogf 0x3f, ocf 0x0135, plen 5
23 02 00 00 01
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 6
02 33 FD 00 00 00

then all the rest this one:

C:\Users\trizos>adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 23 2 0 0 1
23 02 00 00 01
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 4
02 35 FD 00

as for the second command, this was the output at all times:

C:\Users\trizos>adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 23 2 0 0 0
23 02 00 00 00
> HCI Event: 0x0e plen 4
02 35 FD 00

I hope this helps!
Looking fordward to your next version!!
28th July 2011, 11:11 PM |#24  

Donate to Me
More
Thanks. I'm starting to run out of ideas, but here's a few more:

Set channel spacing to 100 KHz:

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 38 2 0 0 2

Analog audio only (No I2S digital):

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 1d 2 0 0 2

I'll try to get a new version out within 12 hours.
29th July 2011, 01:25 PM |#25  
Flag Thessaloniki

More
Quote:

Thanks. I'm starting to run out of ideas, but here's a few more:

Set channel spacing to 100 KHz:

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 38 2 0 0 2

Analog audio only (No I2S digital):

adb shell hcitool cmd 3f 135 1d 2 0 0 2

I'll try to get a new version out within 12 hours.

no, these don't fix it either... anyway, i 'll try the new version when it comes out and we'll see.

thanks for spending your time for this!
30th July 2011, 09:22 AM |#26  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

no, these don't fix it either... anyway, i 'll try the new version when it comes out and we'll see.

thanks for spending your time for this!

The July 30 version is now on the Android Market.

If this doesn't improve your experience, I have no further ideas at present.

But I make breakthroughs semi-regularly, so hopefully it will work for you soon.

Thanks !
The Following User Says Thank You to mikereidis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mikereidis Ad-Free
31st July 2011, 10:33 PM |#27  
Flag Thessaloniki

More
Quote:

But I make breakthroughs semi-regularly, so hopefully it will work for you soon.

Thanks !

No problem still seems to be present but now it seems to search for the channels in a different way that makes me think it is better than before!

Anyway, thanks for your support. I really appreciate your efforts to help me!
3rd August 2011, 08:48 PM |#28  
Flag Thessaloniki

More
Quote:

Thanks !

hey i downloaded the Aug 2 version, and it seems like my issue is "improved". now i tune to a certain frequency (says 98.3 but it actually is 98.8 xD), in which i listen to the audio but with some bits of sounds that keep interrupting the sound. also other stations seems to play in a similar way, as if now it does not keep searching but just cant get good signal or something like that (there is good signal where i am since i tested it with other radio app from other phone)

any ideas?! )))))
3rd August 2011, 09:50 PM |#29  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

hey i downloaded the Aug 2 version, and it seems like my issue is "improved". now i tune to a certain frequency (says 98.3 but it actually is 98.8 xD), in which i listen to the audio but with some bits of sounds that keep interrupting the sound. also other stations seems to play in a similar way, as if now it does not keep searching but just cant get good signal or something like that (there is good signal where i am since i tested it with other radio app from other phone)

any ideas?! )))))

Hmmm, I just updated to vAugust 3 on the Market and it fixes some nasty bugs on certain phones.

I've had reports on some (Motorola ?) devices with TI chips that frequency was off by some amount less than 1 MHz. The amount was random, but didn't change once the app was running.

I'm trying to get somebodies' Debug Logs in this state, but haven't yet got a useful log. Perhaps you could send me Logs again after checking "Debug Extra" ?

EDIT - I was doing some experiments recently to see if I can set frequencies higher than 108 MHz or lower than 76 (Japan band on Broadcom chips).

What you describe is exactly what I hear when trying to go over 108 on my TI chip, and even at 107.9 (where I even noticed RDS from the station at 100.3). Audio from multiple stations at once and bad interference like effects.

So I guess the frequencies or frequency range isn't set properly somehow.

I'm now looking at a Droid X log and the FM firmware/BTS file is a different size than mine. It might be useful to try a different BTS file. I'll let you know...
3rd August 2011, 11:31 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
what's the difference between FM radio stock and this?
3rd August 2011, 11:53 PM |#31  
Flag Thessaloniki

More
Quote:

Hmmm, I just updated to vAugust 3 on the Market and it fixes some nasty bugs on certain phones.

I've had reports on some (Motorola ?) devices with TI chips that frequency was off by some amount less than 1 MHz. The amount was random, but didn't change once the app was running.

I'm trying to get somebodies' Debug Logs in this state, but haven't yet got a useful log. Perhaps you could send me Logs again after checking "Debug Extra" ?

EDIT - I was doing some experiments recently to see if I can set frequencies higher than 108 MHz or lower than 76 (Japan band on Broadcom chips).

What you describe is exactly what I hear when trying to go over 108 on my TI chip, and even at 107.9 (where I even noticed RDS from the station at 100.3). Audio from multiple stations at once and bad interference like effects.

So I guess the frequencies or frequency range isn't set properly somehow.

I'm now looking at a Droid X log and the FM firmware/BTS file is a different size than mine. It might be useful to try a different BTS file. I'll let you know...

That's exactly the problem I had! Seemed to be bigger in previous version, but the way audio is heard in the app now makes me believe that something changed for the better and we are on the right way I am attaching my logs to this post. Let's hope they are helpful!!
Attached Files
File Type: rar sprt_debug.rar - [Click for QR Code] (43.7 KB, 104 views)
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread