FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM & FIX] (fastboot) 2.3.4 OrangeFR (Jul5: 4.5.2A-11) w/ RAM fix for Intl. unlocked

228 posts
Thanks Meter: 335

By eval-, Retired Recognized Developer on 14th July 2011, 11:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all... a new Gingerbread build is on the block, released July 5. Happens to be where international users got their unlock from. Huge kudos to Stevendeb25 for finding this OTA, and SamCripp and the rest of the Cheesecake crew for trolling moto's servers. Perhaps some of you can join in and find an unlockable bootloader for Droid X2 or Droid3?

As you know, the international unlock has a nasty limited RAM issue. Seems to me the bootloader isn't passing ATAGs or cmdline correctly to the kernel (second mem= is missing in cmdline.) Many thanks to Edgan for his hack of forcing --cmdline to mkbootimg. Unfortunately there is more than one tegrapart= in the wild. Read carefully! In the future we will try to have a much cleaner workaround for the broken ATAGs.

Finally, enormous thanks to my RAM boot.img testers and OTA guinea pigs Mossys and papy-polo !! Hit up all these people with some 'thanks' please! Now, without further ado.. a nice smooth build...

Orange FR Gingerbread 2.3.4

UPDATE: system.img fixed for some users' 3G/H+ data issues... gtalk w/ video, missing media sounds, no CWM overwrite, etc
All other important files are attached. How to use? First, get moto-fastboot (and if needed, run with sudo!)

Then, put your phone in fastboot mode (volume-down on boot, then volume-up) and if you want to run Orange FR 2.3.4 system:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash system ORFR234-system.img
If you want Orange FR 2.3.4 webtop, download it, and:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash webtop webtop.img
If you are an ATT user who wants to run Orange FR 2.3.4, you can:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot OLYEM4.5.2A-11.boot.img
If you're an international user who wants Orange FR 2.3.4 (with RAM fix), you must FIRST:
Code:
su
cat /proc/cmdline
on your phone!!!

If you see tegrapart=mbr:d00:100:800,kpanic:2100:400:800:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot ORFR234-tegrapart-d00100.boot.img
If you see tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800,kpanic:2500:400:800:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot ORFR234-tegrapart-1100100.boot.img
I suspect these boot.img will 'fix' RAM for unlocked internationals on any Gingerbread 2.3.x build (only), but this as faux123 helpfully points out, your modules must match (important for wifi, vpn) ! So for now, these boot.img with quick & dirty RAM fix are only for this Orange FR 2.3.4 system.img!! (Unless you want to copy around dhd.ko and parts of /system/lib/hw between /systems...)

AS ALWAYS, you may need to "fastboot -w" to get out of a bootloop! (especially switching 2.2.x to 2.3.x)

This build comes pre-rooted, with busybox returned (Moto nixed it) and all the goodies from the HKTW build in /system/xbin. Enjoy!!! Thanks to everyone in #moto-atrix, as usual =)

If you are having 3G/H+ data issues:

replace /system/lib/libmoto_ril.so with attached one, or moto-fastboot new system.img above

CWM file for radio: ORFR 2.3.4 radio CWM
The Following 48 Users Say Thank You to eval- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eval- Ad-Free

14th July 2011, 11:36 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 34

More

Cheers! :3
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Mossys For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mossys Ad-Free
14th July 2011, 11:39 PM |#3  
Flag england
Thanks Meter: 2,102

Donate to Me
More
Happy Unlocking and GB for all you international and at&t guys and Gals

enjoy...........
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stevendeb25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stevendeb25 Ad-Free
14th July 2011, 11:50 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Awesome!! Thanks guys!! So wicked to see everyone pulling together and kicking so much ass!!
14th July 2011, 11:50 PM |#5  
Flag Rio Grande do Sul
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Awesome man... but what if I'm under Windows? =/

I'm a international user, and I'm not able to perform 'cat' under Windows.
14th July 2011, 11:54 PM |#6  
Flag england

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Careca_RS

Awesome man... but what if I'm under Windows? =/

I'm a international user, and I'm not able to perform 'cat' under Windows.

am using xp

Quote:

adb shell
su
cat /proc/cmdline

you need to be rooted and have adb

or alternative use a terminal app from market
The Following User Says Thank You to stevendeb25 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift stevendeb25 Ad-Free
14th July 2011, 11:56 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by eval-

Hi all... a new Gingerbread build is on the block, released July 5. Happens to be where international users got their unlock from. Huge kudos to Stevendeb25 for finding this OTA, and SamCripp and the rest of the Cheesecake crew for trolling moto's servers. Perhaps some of you can join in and find an unlockable bootloader for Droid X2 or Droid3?

As you know, the international unlock has a nasty limited RAM issue. Seems to me the bootloader isn't passing ATAGs or cmdline correctly to the kernel (second mem= is missing in cmdline.) Many thanks to Edgan for his hack of forcing --cmdline to mkbootimg. Unfortunately there is more than one tegrapart= in the wild. Read carefully! In the future we will try to have a cleaner workaround for Moto's bugs.

Finally, enormous thanks to my RAM boot.img testers and OTA guinea pigs Mossys and papy-polo !! Hit up all these people with some 'thanks' please! Now, without further ado..

Orange FR Gingerbread 2.3.4

All other important files are attached. How to use? First, get moto-fastboot (and if needed, run with sudo!)

Then, put your phone in fastboot mode (volume-down on boot, then volume-up):
Code:
moto-fastboot flash system ORFR234-system.img
If you want webtop, download it, and:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash webtop webtop.img
If you are an ATT user (only!), you can:
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot OLYEM4.5.2A-11.boot.img
If you are an international user, you must FIRST:
Code:
cat /proc/cmdline
on your phone!!!

If you see tegrapart=mbr:d00:100:800,kpanic:2100:400:800
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot ORFR234-tegrapart-d00100.boot.img
If you see tegrapart=mbr:1100:100:800,kpanic:2500:400:800
Code:
moto-fastboot flash boot ORFR234-tegrapart-1100100.boot.img
I suspect these boot.img will fix RAM for unlocked internationals on any Gingerbread 2.3.x build (only), but this is totally untested.

This build comes pre-rooted, with busybox returned (Moto nixed it) and all the goodies from the HKTW build in /system/xbin. Enjoy!!! Thanks to everyone in #moto-atrix, as usual =)

PS. For those who want to make a radio .sbf: ORFR 2.3.4 radio

PPS. Attached recovery is totally untested! (May need to be repacked with new cmdline, or??) All of this at your own risk!!

Hi, I reaaly need help as i unlocked my bootloader and am stuck with only 300mb of ram. My initial specs system info was:

System Version: 4.1.31.MB860.Orange.ed.GB
Android Version: 2.2.2
Baseband: N_01.86.00R
Kernel version: 2.6.32.9
Build Number: OLYEM_U4_1.3.1

After unlocking its

System Version: 4.5.91MB860.ATT.en.US
Android Version: 2.3.4
Build Number: 4.5.91

Is there any way to get back my 1gb ram? Even if i lose root and unlock thats fine.

If i use the above code which one should i use? I wasnt on ATT but now i am.

Sorry for the stupid question but im fairly new to android.

Thanks
14th July 2011, 11:57 PM |#8  
Flag Rio Grande do Sul
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevendeb25

am using xp

you need to be rooted and have adb

or alternative use a terminal app from market

I love you man!! Gonna do right away
15th July 2011, 12:00 AM |#9  
Flag england

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheharyarali

Hi, I reaaly need help as i unlocked my bootloader and am stuck with only 300mb of ram. My initial specs system info was:

After unlocking its

Is there any way to get back my 1gb ram? Even if i lose root and unlock thats fine.

Thanks

whichever the output is from completing
Quote:

cat /proc/cmdline

15th July 2011, 12:01 AM |#10  
OP Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 335

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheharyarali

After unlocking its

Thanks

See the post above yours. cat /proc/cmdline in adb or terminal explorer, and pick one of the two boot.imgs that fits. No one has tested RAM fix with 4.5.91 so if you don't wanna run Orange FR, just give it a shot and see if it fixes it!
15th July 2011, 12:01 AM |#11  
Flag Surrey, BC
Thanks Meter: 13

More
If I already have 2.3.4 AT&T Image installed on a International Atrix, do I still have to flash the ORFR Image, or will the commands work and allow me to be free of the RAM issue?

I am no n00b, but the instructions don't make a lot of sense to me... Can we get a step by step in the order that we are supposed to do it? Sorry, just don't want a brick...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.3.4, atrix, gingerbread, orfr, unlocked

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)