FORUMS

Publish Your A500 Boot Animation efforts HERE

742 posts
Thanks Meter: 517

By metpolds, Senior Member on 17th July 2011, 06:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
OK to start the ball rolling I attach two rather amateurish efforts to encourage all you noobs out there to submit your works of art. In another thread a poster stated he/she didnt like animations taking up the processor's work cycle instead of using all it's horsepower to boot the tablet. I can accept that argument but personally I would prefer to see something happening whilst it's booting. Anyone interested enough to post here will probably be aware of the great animations produced by "gammaRascal" and I can't think of anything better to do, whilst waiting boot, than watching one of his efforts.

If anyone downloads and trys mine I would suggest the following:
(1) Use a file manager such as "Root Explorer" to change the name of the one you are trying to bootanimation.zip
(2) Again use "Root Explorer" to place the file in /data/local
(3) CAUTION - If you are already using a bootanimation.zip then to make certain it is NOT overwritten or deleted, rename your current one to something like bootanimation.zip.old so that you can put it back at your will. Do this before installing mine.

Come on you computer artists get working!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to metpolds For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metpolds Ad-Free
17th July 2011, 08:45 PM |#2  
Flag Twinky Flats
Thanks Meter: 471

Donate to Me
More
PowerCell/Honeybee/ and Alien Head - Android
Here ya go:

PowerCell v6 - for Acer Iconia - JaeKar99
Animated Preview - Download -||- [Click for QR Code] - (copy to data/local)

Android Honeybee - Blue - for Acer Iconia - Very basic - not of my making just adapted from video.

Alien Head - Blue - for Acer Iconia - JaeKar99
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to JaeKar99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JaeKar99 Ad-Free
17th July 2011, 09:48 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Nice one JaeKar99 - do like your pulsating electric Powercell
The Following User Says Thank You to metpolds For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift metpolds Ad-Free
17th July 2011, 11:07 PM |#4  
Flag Twinky Flats

Donate to Me
More
Now I am getting the feel for working boot animations for the Iconia. This will be fun.
18th July 2011, 12:01 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
@JaeKar99 - That's great. This is what I hoped would happen and hopefully others will be challenged to have a go.
18th July 2011, 12:29 AM |#6  
Flag Saratoga Springs USA
Thanks Meter: 250

Donate to Me
More
Great idea....I only wish I had any talent for this. I do think it's a good idea to give a preview so we can see the animation first. Good work!
18th July 2011, 01:57 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
@TFordham - You echo my thoughts on this, unfortunately I haven't the slightest idea of how to make the animations viewable - surely someone can help us out here? I have found a program for previewing android boot animations on a PC but as I haven't had a chance to try it yet I can't say whether it will do the job. It's called "Install_bootanimationpreviewer.exe" and I believe it originates from XDA-Developers but I'm not certain which forum, i.e. I think it's a phone forum, definately not an A500 forum.
18th July 2011, 02:35 AM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
@TFordham - Further to what I posted earlier I have now tried bootanimationpreviewer.exe and it does reproduce on your PC Desktop the animation which you chose but as it was developed for a phone format and size it doesnt show 80% of the A500 animations which are 1280x800 in my case. I can't find any way to save the preview and it appears to be pretty much a dev's tool. It won't help me with any I make because I preview them on my tablet straight away.
18th July 2011, 02:45 AM |#9  
Flag Twinky Flats

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by metpolds

@TFordham - You echo my thoughts on this, unfortunately I haven't the slightest idea of how to make the animations viewable - surely someone can help us out here? I have found a program for previewing android boot animations on a PC but as I haven't had a chance to try it yet I can't say whether it will do the job. It's called "Install_bootanimationpreviewer.exe" and I believe it originates from XDA-Developers but I'm not certain which forum, i.e. I think it's a phone forum, definately not an A500 forum.

You can download Photoscape, it is free ware and can create an animated gif.. using the images sequenced in your boot animation. The speed and the size can be adjusted. That is what I use.. I will then upload to photobucket and then direct link to the post.

I opt to link them into a post but you can embed them also.

metpolds, here are your boot animations in active gif format embedded:
Version 1:

Version 2:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JaeKar99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JaeKar99 Ad-Free
18th July 2011, 05:46 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
@JaeKar99 - You are a champion. Thanks very much for your assistance and I appreciate your showing previews for my two efforts. The next one I try I shall hopefully be able to use your method to include a preview.
18th July 2011, 09:36 PM |#11  
Somwhere over the Rainbow
Thanks Meter: 93

More
I´m trying to do a simple BA here, but I have some questions...
is there a minimum number of files to work? I mean, mine cycles trough 6 frames only.
And, do I need 2 folders separating the files?

EDIT: NVM, got it, posting it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)