Why FTPDroid is the best FTP server for Android? Because it's not YAFS (Yet Another FTP Server) since is a native port to Android of best FTP server around: Pure-FTPd
The benefits of using this application are:
- Transfer files and folders to/from any computer and your device without the need of the USB cable.
- No need anymore to mount/unmount the SD card.
- Easily share files with other devices (Android or anything else, see the FAQs)
- Keep the USB port of your device safe.
- Anonymous access
- Configurable users
- Restrict access to specific folders
- Active and passive mode
- Multiple files transfers
- UTF-8 support
- Root support to allow binding on standard FTP port 21 (please note that root is supported but NOT required)
- SSL/TLS support (pro)
- App widget (pro)
- q: How can I share files with another device?
a: Look for an FTP client (every system like Android, iOS and Windows Phone has its own).
- q: Why my transfer speed decrease when I turn off the screen?
a: Enable the option 'Lock Wifi'. If your device is running at least Android 2.3.x, you should get full speed transfer even when the screen is off, otherwise enable the option 'Lock screen' too.
- q: How can I disable anonymous access?
a: Please follow the instructions in the help (open the menu from the main page of the application).
- q: How can I automate the application start/stop?
a: Use the following broadcast intents:
- START: berserker.android.apps.ftpdroid.command.START
- STOP: berserker.android.apps.ftpdroid.command.STOP
- Optimized layout for tablets
- Fixed a problem with in-app purchase restore
- Google Play Services updated
- Minor UI changes
- fixed file overwrite issue
- minor changes
- complete UI rewrite!
- sperimental x86/mips support
- armeabi-v7a performance improvement
- AdChecker removed
- android.permission.ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission added
- new option to enable/disable an ftp user
- new option "autostart service"
- new option "enable root"
- new option "anonymous can read dotfiles"
- new option "resolve hostname"
- better home folder selection
- no more adchecker (pro version has more features)
- SSL/TLS support (pro version)
- WiFi white list (pro version)
- Transfers page (pro version)
- Widget support (pro version)
- ICS compatibility fixes
- Active connections are now closed correctly once the service is stopped
- Translations updated
- Bandwidth (download/upload) can now be limited
- The main application icon can now be long pressed to toggle the FTP service (short press is supported too)
- Notification icon can be disabled
- New translations: chinese, croatian, french, germanm italian, polish, russian and ukrainian
- AdMob SDK update (free version only)
- AdChecker now allows to revert the hosts file (free version only)