[Framework/Theme] Gingerbread v11 [11.09 Update] TOGGLES /Percentage % /10E FW too!

1,898 posts
Thanks Meter: 634

By antonio1475, Senior Member on 19th July 2011, 06:26 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Note: If you use this theme as a base for yours, please just ask first as a courtesy since you will change the icons, yeah, but the time I spent in making full-size notification toggles or changing summary text color, you won't spend it or re-do it . Thanks

This theme is included in NOVA v5 I can't tell if it will work in Stock firmwares. That's why I'll keep the v8 links at the bottom, that work with 10C and 10E firmwares, at least :P

·v11:
··Changed drop down arrows to real Gingerbread ones, which are also perfectly seen in white background, as you can see
··Lockscreen clock moved slightly to the right.
··Restored carrier name and SIM icon in Lockscreen
··Progressbar is orange again

Scroll down to find v11 themes for 10E stock Firmware!

·v9b:
··Added Power Menu for Recovery and Reboot [ALL CREDIT for Power Menu goes to dxdiag32. BIG THANKS dude]
··Lockscreen has been redesigned No carrier name nor SIM icon, as well as no "Slide up to Unlock" text
··Summary text in Settings is now grey
··Many other small fixes that I can't remember

·All icons and visual resources have been changed from Gingerbread SistemUI.apk and framework-res.apk to LG O Black framework-res.apk.

·Some icons (like 5 or so) didn't exist in Gingerbread framework, so I took LG stock ones and made them in gray scale, so they look like Gingerbread ones, I hope.

NOTE 1: With LG framework, when data is disabled, no arrows are shown. With this theme, I used the grey icons (with arrows) for no data traffic, and green icons for data enabled. Just have that in mind.

With battery percentage v11 [Only pic of the changes. For the rest, look at v9's pics just below]

With battery percentage v9

Download flashable zip v11bpercentage:

http://www.multiupload.com/29CE540K5C Link down because of MultiUpload

ReUpload thanks to t0g3:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/53998168/Gin...percentage.zip

-->Download flashable zip v11bpercentage for 10E stock FW:

http://www.multiupload.com/Z7RP1T6UW0 Link down because of MultiUpload

Without battery percentage v11 (The same, only changes battery icon):

Download flashable zip v11normal:

http://www.multiupload.com/ODYAGZLHZ7 Link down because of MultiUpload

-->Download flashable zip v11normal for 10E stock FW :

http://www.multiupload.com/M7XYU8S4QC Link down because of MultiUpload

Instructions:
1. Just flash it. No wipe data, no wipe cache, no wipe dalvik cache (wiping cache's will only get you through a hell...)
2. Reboot. It will say phone FC, blabla FC. OK OK
3. Reboot again! And you are done

To go back to NOVA v3(v3.1) stock theme [framework-res.apk, LGEres.apk and sui-res.apk]:
Will make it
[If you have a ROM that isn't NOVA, like PAys, stock or whatever, you can use this package to go back to your ROM theme replacing the files framework-res.apk and LGEres.apk from the folder system/framework of your downloaded ROM into the folder system/framework of this package using 7zip or WinRAR]

----------------------------
SegoeWP font family to replace DroidSans (like screenshots):
http://www.multiupload.com/G1PRWFYL6B Link down because of MultiUpload

----------------------------
Changelog:

·v11:
··Changed drop down arrows to real Gingerbread ones, which are also perfectly seen in white background, as you can see
··Lockscreen clock moved slightly to the right.
··Restored carrier name and SIM icon in Lockscreen
··Progressbar is orange again

·v9b:
··Added Power Menu for Recovery and Reboot [ALL CREDIT for Power Menu goes to dxdiag32. BIG THANKS dude]
··Lockscreen has been redesigned No carrier name nor SIM icon, as well as no "Slide up to Unlock" text
··Summary text in Settings is now grey
··Many other small fixes that I can't remember
·v8:
··Fixed summary text in Settings not showing due to being white. Now it's blue.

Download flashable zip v8fix for Stock firmwares (just the framework-res.apk, LGEres.apk and suires.apk, nothing else):
http://www.multiupload.com/HJJTVSLXEL

v7:
··Only with battery percentage
··Fixed landscape toggles!!
··Removed small light blue text from Settings and other (Summary text). Now it's white.
··Progress bar is orange instead of blue.
··mmm others but can't remember...

v5:.......................................|||....... ........................v5b:
··Added landscape toggles in notification bar------------··v5 + battery percentage

Both: Changed notifications area background to plain grey

v4:
··Fixed font in Menu expanded showing black in black backgrounf. (Was hard )

v3:
··Modified LG toggles in notifications area (Wifi, data,...) to Gingerbread like in 2nd picture

v2:
··FULL Gingerbread environment

v1:
··Status bar and notifications area icons Gingerbread look.

Thank you very much Noejn (knzo now) for your constant help!!! (I forgot to give you credit before, sorry )

·· Noejn for framework-res.apk and his work in NOVA
·· leonnib4 for percentage battery icons from his ROM for Nexus One.

Enjoy and let me know!
Attached Files
File Type: zip FontsSegoeWPflashable.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.96 MB, 281 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to antonio1475 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift antonio1475 Ad-Free
19th July 2011, 07:10 PM |#2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 94

More
I see you haven't changed the gmail, sms, and application installed icons. These are all different in Gingerbread. Also, is there a way you could get rid of the AM/PM text for those who use the 12 hour format?

19th July 2011, 09:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rashad1

I see you haven't changed the gmail, sms, and application installed icons. These are all different in Gingerbread. Also, is there a way you could get rid of the AM/PM text for those who use the 12 hour format?

Oh, I read you in Tapatalk and didn't understand what you were talking about because you said installed apps icons and that had nothing to do with framework, so I went to my computer and with the pics I saw what you were talking about. You are right, I missed those icons :S. I'm away from home for a week and only have a netbook. I will try to do it, altough the wifi is not good at all here so upload will be difficult, but I will get into it as soon as I can and add all the missing icons, I promise.

About AM/PM thing, I will take a look too, although I'm not sure I can do something about it in framework (can't touch other apk's yet because ROM is odexed).

I hope that doesn't bother you so much for you to stop using it never again!

PS: could you give me the link to that website with the icons? It would make the task much easier!

Thanks!
19th July 2011, 10:05 PM |#4  
Flag New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio1475

Oh, I read you in Tapatalk and didn't understand what you were talking about because you said installed apps icons and that had nothing to do with framework, so I went to my computer and with the pics I saw what you were talking about. You are right, I missed those icons :S. I'm away from home for a week and only have a netbook. I will try to do it, altough the wifi is not good at all here so upload will be difficult, but I will get into it as soon as I can and add all the missing icons, I promise.

About AM/PM thing, I will take a look too, although I'm not sure I can do something about it in framework (can't touch other apk's yet because ROM is odexed).

I hope that doesn't bother you so much for you to stop using it never again!

PS: could you give me the link to that website with the icons? It would make the task much easier!

Thanks!

It's fine, doesn't bother me much. This theme will do until Gingerbread comes out for the OB, and someone makes a stock ROM.

This is the link to the website I got the picture from: http://pocketnow.com/android/gingerb...icons-revealed

although I doubt it will help you. I'm sure you can get them from the framework-res.apk from a stock gingerbread ROM, Cyanogen Mod for example.
19th July 2011, 10:14 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

It's fine, doesn't bother me much. This theme will do until Gingerbread comes out for the OB, and someone makes a stock ROM.

This is the link to the website I got the picture from: http://pocketnow.com/android/gingerb...icons-revealed

although I doubt it will help you. I'm sure you can get them from the framework-res.apk from a stock gingerbread ROM, Cyanogen Mod for example.

I hope Gingerbread comes soon to our Blacks... Although it will come with modded LG icons too. (I actually use the other theme, the WP7 one now with tiles , so I will have to make another framework anyway)

I thought they were downloadable resources, not a pic. I will, although the last CM7 ROM I got, there were so much things that were not stock that I freaked out. I will look for another or directly gingerbread graphic resources. The Nexus ROM I got to do this had a clear lack of some icons (I realised because some there weren't), because I also took them from SystemUI.apk (in Gingerbread resources are some in framework-res.apk, some in SystemUI.apk, a pain in the ass).

Thanks
19th July 2011, 10:53 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Also, is there a way you could get rid of the AM/PM text for those who use the 12 hour format?

I found this link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=954400) to do that so you can see how difficult it is (if even possible for the Black at the moment). It involves Java environment, services.jar and other stuff. I will give it a try, but when back at home, where Java and all that is installed.

19th July 2011, 11:18 PM |#7  
Flag New York

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio1475

I found this link (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=954400) to do that so you can see how difficult it is (if even possible for the Black at the moment). It involves Java environment, services.jar and other stuff. I will give it a try, but when back at home, where Java and all that is installed.

I think that's specifically for the Samsung Epic
19th July 2011, 11:22 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I think that's specifically for the Samsung Epic

Sure, but doesn't look like for the Black is going to be easy. I just had a look at xml's in framework as a MIUI forums talked about (SystemUI.apk that is not present in FroYo), so I looked into framework, res, values, strings.xml, but didn't find anything about date in statusbar. It must be somewhere else. Will look anyway, it's hard to me just say "no, impossible I won't even try" with these things.

20th July 2011, 12:03 AM |#9  
Flag New York

More
I also noticed the headphone notification icon was not changed
20th July 2011, 12:30 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I also noticed the headphone notification icon was not changed

I will revise/review (what is the word??) all the icons. However, if you want you can write the icons you notice that are missing (editing your previous post so they are together) and I will take a look when I do it so I don't miss any icon and I make sure.

:)

Sent from my LG Optimus Black P-970 using Tapatalk
20th July 2011, 05:37 PM |#11  
Flag Constanta
Thanks Meter: 43

More
@antonio1475

As you see below, I have stock firmware V10B with Nova Kernel.
It seems that Nova kernel is ext4 enabled, not exclusive!

Cheers!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
black, framework, gingerbread, optimus, theme
Previous Thread Next Thread