FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[FIX] Force Close on Google Music or Hulu Plus

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Uncanny05, Junior Member on 21st July 2011, 04:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I've posted this as a reply in a couple of threads, but I have a feeling its getting buried, so I'm going to post this fix in its own thread.

For those that are getting application force closes in Google Music when trying to stream 3G/4G or in Hulu Plus when trying to stream a video, here is the solution and why it works:

Fix:
Download AdFree Android and select "Revert". This will repair your hosts file to the correct state. Reboot your phone.

Why:
Google Music and Hulu Plus use the same channels that ads use and that are blocked when you change your hosts file - this prevents the applications from successfully streaming the content and thus the application force closes.

I don't know enough about the actual host file modification or generation to make a more complex workaround for this to prevent ads from showing in other applications, but this is the best fix so far for preventing the app force closes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncanny05 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Uncanny05 Ad-Free

18th August 2011, 04:37 PM |#2  
Flag Tennessee
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Perfect! And how #@@#$%$^ annoying...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
force close, google music, hulu

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)