Sixaxis controller is here!

606 posts
Thanks Meter: 191

By sir_earl, Senior Member on 21st July 2011, 11:58 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th August 2011, 03:24 PM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
tried it with another program because of the fact that the sixaxis pair tool didn´t find my controller...(windows 7 did find my sixaxis..)
so the programm with which i tried was "motioninjoy"...after i set the master bluetooth address the programm (i bought the original from market) on my android phone won´t find the controller...:/
what´s wrong?
i had checked the support of my phone (htc desire with CM7) with the compatibilitychecker before i bought the paid app...
running windows 7 x64 on my notebook.

greetings

5th August 2011, 09:39 PM |#82  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by werex

tried it with another program because of the fact that the sixaxis pair tool didn´t find my controller...(windows 7 did find my sixaxis..)
so the programm with which i tried was "motioninjoy"...after i set the master bluetooth address the programm (i bought the original from market) on my android phone won´t find the controller...:/
what´s wrong?
i had checked the support of my phone (htc desire with CM7) with the compatibilitychecker before i bought the paid app...
running windows 7 x64 on my notebook.

greetings

With motioninjoy you need to enter each block of numbers in reverse. If the address of your phone is reported as 1a:2b:3c:4d:5e:6f then you need to enter it as 6f:5e:4d:3c:2b:1a into motioninjoy. Otherwise you could try the new version of SixaxisPairTool out and let me know if it works better now
The Following User Says Thank You to sir_earl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sir_earl Ad-Free
5th August 2011, 10:06 PM |#83  

More
if i write the master address of my desire in reserve in the motioninjoy tool it works wonderful!
thank you for your help!

cheers
6th August 2011, 12:00 AM |#84  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_earl

With motioninjoy you need to enter each block of numbers in reverse. If the address of your phone is reported as 1a:2b:3c:4d:5e:6f then you need to enter it as 6f:5e:4d:3c:2b:1a into motioninjoy. Otherwise you could try the new version of SixaxisPairTool out and let me know if it works better now

Finally...just spent a LONG time trying to put get the master BT MAC ID in.

Tried your updated (V2) tool, but getting "error...driver could not be installed". Been trying with MotionJoy, and after just reading your comment about reversing #, it paired right away...thank you!
6th August 2011, 04:43 AM |#85  
Thanks Meter: 59

More
Thumbs up
Please get in touch with the FPSE guys for full Dualshock controller support. Being able to play PS1 games with an actual Dualshock controller is going to be so much win, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
6th August 2011, 08:58 AM |#86  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 303

Donate to Me
More
Idiots guide to paring...it took me AGES to figure out something simple, lets see if I can help others.

1. Download Compatibility Checker and make sure your device is supported...if it is you will see

2. If your device is supported purchase SixAxis Controller, if it isn't try another ROM like CM7...HTC devices don't have the correct BT Stack or some newer Samsung devices

3. download SixAxis Pair Tool

Install and Launch the Paring Tool, you will see

Input the BT Mac Address from step 1, hit update and unplug the device

4. Open SixAxis Controller and hit Start. You should see connection established, that means the Pairing is complete from step 3.

5. Select change input method and make sure you select SixAxis Controller

hit PS button on PS3 controller and you should now see Client Connected, that means all buttons should now work.

6. Map your keys to what best fits you

7. Launch SNESoid or whatever emulator you're using...go to settings...other settings...make sure Use input method is selected (this was my mistake at not getting the controller to work with the games)

8. ENJOY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj1YRtwna1I
The Following User Says Thank You to 0mie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 0mie Ad-Free
6th August 2011, 07:38 PM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 74

More
By the way which games are compatible? Only Playstation?
6th August 2011, 10:30 PM |#88  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Works with every emulator I've tried (SNES, NES, PSX, etc). It should also work with any games that allow you to bind keys to the active Input Method.
7th August 2011, 05:00 AM |#89  
Nicosia

More
hey man great work.
could please look into the desire hd?
it says missing required protocol.
i am running leedroid 3.2.1 rom and the leedroid 3.2.0 BFS kernel.
7th August 2011, 05:40 AM |#90  
Thanks Meter: 221

More
Don't know but I posted a similar thread like this like 2 weeks ago

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA Premium App
7th August 2011, 03:52 PM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFKelleher

I don't think that's how this sort of thing works.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA App

it works lol =) working on my x10 =D
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)