Idiots guide to paring...it took me AGES to figure out something simple, lets see if I can help others.
1. Download Compatibility Checker
and make sure your device is supported...if it is you will see
2. If your device is supported purchase SixAxis Controller
, if it isn't try another ROM like CM7...HTC devices don't have the correct BT Stack or some newer Samsung devices
3. download SixAxis Pair Tool
Install and Launch the Paring Tool, you will see
Input the BT Mac Address from step 1, hit update and unplug the device
4. Open SixAxis Controller and hit Start. You should see connection established, that means the Pairing is complete from step 3.
5. Select change input method and make sure you select SixAxis Controller
hit PS button on PS3 controller and you should now see Client Connected, that means all buttons should now work.
6. Map your keys to what best fits you
7. Launch SNESoid or whatever emulator you're using...go to settings...other settings...make sure Use input method is selected (this was my mistake at not getting the controller to work with the games)