This is not my work, but I have put together the answers from various users. Thanks to everyone
Please also remember that this is a FAQ, NOT a guide, there are many guides here on XDA. I have tried to link relevant guides wherever possible.
Feel free to PM me if something esle should be added.
- When you flash the ROM, you MUST boot atleast one before applying any patches or themes or anything.
- Some quick fixes can be found here. Thanks tenbeau for pointing it out and thanks Damo for uploading them.
- For some of the operations below, e.g. Q23 etc, you will need a root explorer. A good one is ES File Explorer, free and with root access. You will need to check root access in settings and mount system for it to work. ES File Explorer is now included in the ROM (from 2.2 an onwards.)
- The new radio reported working fine and recommended with LD ROM V 2.x.x.
- The first boot after flashing a rom takes longer (can take up to 10 mins as well). The boot takes longer also when you wipe dalvik cache.
- Do I need to wipe? While it is recommended, however you can just flash the rom over the current one without a wipe if you are using the ROM from the same Chef and that the base build is the same. Wiping should be done if you face continuous troubles with the ROM.
- Want to have another lock screen ring? Check out this awesum collection by A5J4DX. Please do check with the OP about the compatibility with the HTC Sensation. The work is in progress for compatibility with the Sensation.
- Want to try Bastaerd's version of LeeDroiD - Check here
LD 3.1; Kernel 3.3
- No wipe required if upgrading from 3.0.
- Please use the current battery mods.
- Recent apps removed from Notifications Screen. If you want them back, flash the patch in the post above.
- About Call recording ref Q29 below.
Q1: How do I flash this ROM?
A: Assuming you have S-Off, and have installed recovery – Reboot the phone into recovery (Vol Down + Power [In power off mode] and select recovery. Select “Install with Zip from SD Card” – Select the ROM from your SD and press power – Confirm and you are good to go.
Q2. Huh?? What is S-OFF or Recovery?
A: A detailed explanation on how to is here.
Q3: Which radio should I use?
A: This is a trick question. According to many users over the years, they have recommended to change the radio only if you are facing troubles with the current one that you are using. Radio is a very very very location specific thing. So, what works for me, may not work for you. Here is a good thread discussing radios ad their performance. Generally, Lee will put in the recommended radio in the first post.
Q4: Is the radio included in the ROM? How do I flash?
A: No, you will need to flash the radio separately.
A: Easiest steps to flash a radio is (assuming you have sdk and HTC Drivers and are SOFF)
- Put the radio.img in the folder where fastboot is under sdk\tools
- Turn off your phone and and reboot into Bootloader and select fastboot, connect the phone to the pc - now you show see Fastboot USB on the phone.
- Goto command prompt on your pc. Goto the folder with Fastboot.
- Type fastboot flash radio radio.img and watch it write the new radio.
A: If the file is named PG58IMG.ZIP, then simply copy it to the root folder of the sd card and reboot into bootloader and follow instructions on the phone screen.
Read about radios and RILs here , here and here.
Information on RIL can be found here.
Q5: Right or recommended order of flashing?
A: Wipe>ROM>Reboot> Radio. Why? Read what bobbymokie has to say... LOGICAL!!
Q6: Should I use a task killer on the LD ROM?
A: Check this and decide for yourself.
Q7: Backup? What is that?
A: A good idea is to back up all your data and settings from the phone before flashing a new rom with a full wipe. Best app available is Titanium Back up (included in the ROM)
The best way to back up the contacts is to sync it via HTC Sync or via your gmail.
Q8: Is Nandroid and Titanium backup the same thing? How do I manage backups?
A: No, Nandroid backs up the ROM and Titanium backs up the applications. Thanks PaulGiz. Another explanation by Docmjldds.
Q9: On what occasion will I lose my data (apps, contacts etc)?
A: Only when you apply the full wipe or the super wipe. When you just flash a rom or a .zip from recovery, it will not wipe anything unless otherwise mentioned.
Q10: I was on stock (or another rom from another cook) and I flashed LeeDroiD ROM, now I am having some problems.
1. Try rebooting the Phone and see if it makes a difference.
2. Reboot into recovery and clear cache and dalvik, reboot the phone and clear data of the apps causing problem.
3. If nothing else works, then use the Full Wipe from the first post above or “SUPERWIPE”. Beware: A superwipe/ full wipe will erase EVERYTHING on the phone. EVERYTHING! So be sure to backup what you want.
Q11: How do I flash Full wipe or Superwipe and what does it erase?
A: Copy the .zip to the SD Card and flash it via recovery. DONOT REBOOT once it is done, flash the ROM straightafter. The full wipe will erase data, cache, system and format in EXT4 partition. Superwipe will erase data, cache, system, boot and system files on SD card (EXT4 again).
Q12: The screen is not very responsive and is lagging.
A: Let the phone settle down a bit after you unlock it. It generally needs a few seocds to kick up the CPU. Some discussions on the screen responsiveness and a market app here.
Q13: The market is not installing anything. Gives error.
A: Reboot into recovery and select “clear cache partition”. And under settings - applications - Manage applications - under the Market app < Clear Data>
Q14: I don’t like the CRT on and off animations, what can I do to disable these?
A: Currently there is no way to individually tick off an animation, what you could do however is that go to settings-display and turn off animations. This will turn off all animations. It is known fact that the phone will become faster with animations off.
CRT animations was removed in LD V2.1, but now its included in 2.2.
Q15: My battery is draining heavily .
A: When you first flash a ROM this is what happens. Give it atleast one full charge cycle and it should come back to normal. If required, reboot into recovery and clear battery stats. It is advisable to do so on 100% or when you are under 10%. Here is the battery caliberation app from the market. You can try this.
Update for LD 2.2+: The battery calliberation script is now included in the rom and stats wiped when at 100%, automatically.
Q16: Should I run the phone battery to zero percent, and what if it does??
A: Absolutely not! Both the current recoveries are giving problems while pulling the battery up from zero percent. If the phones dies off due to battery being zero, look here, might help.
Q17: I am getting random lines across my screen on some widgets.
A: This is a fairly common problem, see here. A quick fix is to remove the widget and re-apply it or to use a different skin.
Q18: MMS Problem? Picture size small?
A: Please check your APN settings. Or check out Shroomster's post. It has worked for a fair few people. Also, try the patch from here.
Q19: Some games that use the motion/G sensor are not working as they should.
A: Re-Calibrate your Gsensor – Settings – Display – Gsensor Callibration
Q20: My wifi calling is not working (TMOUS).
A: Apply the wifi calling patch from the OP.
Q21: I dont like the animations. Dont want them.
A: Go to spare parts, and disable all animations OR go to settings - display - animations.
Q22: Not that one, the fly in one that Lee has put in.
A: Use the remove patch from first post. Flash via recovery.
Q23: How do I disable or change the boot sound?
A: You will need to a root explorer to do this. On your phone, using the root explorer, navigate to data\local. Rename the file android_audio.mp3 and reboot.. Viola - No more boot sound. To change, rename the one you want as the boot sound to andoid_audio.mp3 and place it in data\local folder.
Q24: And the bootanimation?
A: Data\Local again. Replace the bootanimation.zip file with the one you want. The new file must be named bootanimation.zip.
Q25: Can I modify frequencies using SetCPU?
A: Avoid set cpu at this stage. It is causing much troubles. The app needs to be updated for dual core usage.
EDIT: SetCPU is working from LD 3.0.0 and onwards.
Q26: GPS Problems?
A: Try faster fix app from the market. Has helped a few members.
Q27: SuperUser Force closes.
A: Goto Setting - Application - Manage Application - Super user - Clear Data. And, go to Super user application and click the right most icon on the top of the application (top right corner) and re-update the binaries. Also, go to settings and disable logging, its a bug in su3.
Q28: The Sense restarts itself?
A: Check what snowblindd has to say.
Q29: How do I get the 2 way call recorder to work?
A: Install the apk and activate it. First time, call your sensation from another phone and answer your sensation, it will record. Now on, it will record all outgoing and incoming calls.