FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Flash HTC Evo 3d to Boost Mobile?

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By samuraimoose, Junior Member on 25th July 2011, 07:16 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
Hello xda. this is my first post so I apologize in advance.
I spent about 30 min reading post trying to find one to match and did not find anything.

I have a HTC Evo 3D that I want to put on to boost mobile. I'm wondering if any has herd of this working yet. or are we all playing the waiting game?

less important details
I will not be doing this my self. I know some who says they can. I just wanted to be sure that its possible before I pay and put a small risk into it. the esn is clean as well

any thing with post i should know is welcome and I will be more than happy to fix it as soon i know about it
The Following User Says Thank You to samuraimoose For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samuraimoose Ad-Free

27th July 2011, 06:18 AM |#2  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 32

More
i just got one myself clean esn and i can find readable addresses ??? pklease advise
The Following User Says Thank You to sdwyz74 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sdwyz74 Ad-Free
27th July 2011, 06:42 AM |#3  
Flag The Command Center
Thanks Meter: 111

More
Have you asked the company its self? Boost is a Sprint company and uses CDMA. If they say no then I don't know if the temp root would allow the carrier unlock or you may be able to use QPST and program it.

Sent from my EVO3D(overclocked) via XDA App
27th July 2011, 06:15 PM |#4  
Flag Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by southern87

Have you asked the company its self? Boost is a Sprint company and uses CDMA. If they say no then I don't know if the temp root would allow the carrier unlock or you may be able to use QPST and program it.

Sent from my EVO3D(overclocked) via XDA App

Thanks for.the reply but boost will not activate this phone I have to have the readable addresses so I can do my thing if anyone knows please addvise thanks
27th July 2011, 08:08 PM |#5  
denver, co
Thanks Meter: 71

More
You cannot "flash" a Sprint android device to boost. What you are asking to do is illegally clone a esn/meid of a boost mobile phone and illegally change the esn/meid of the ego 3d to that of the boost phone... This is a very gray area you are treading at best

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
27th July 2011, 11:23 PM |#6  
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 57

Donate to Me
More
I did this for someone last year with their EVO. It's technically illegal, due to cloning, but the info is out there. Good luck.
28th July 2011, 12:06 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Have u tried to have them activate the esn WITHOUT telling them its not a boost phone? Do u have cricket in your area? Theres no need to clone the esn unless boost refuses to accept esn's of non boost phones

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App
28th July 2011, 05:53 AM |#8  
Flag Seattle

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc720

You cannot "flash" a Sprint android device to boost. What you are asking to do is illegally clone a esn/meid of a boost mobile phone and illegally change the esn/meid of the ego 3d to that of the boost phone... This is a very gray area you are treading at best

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

IM NOT THE ONLY ONE TREADING but thanks for the heads-up just trying to my thing thats all this is a non-profit venture aka solo=mine thanks to all and its only a matter of time
29th July 2011, 12:59 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
ya id rather pay sprints monthly bill than break the law... (funny how id rather break the law then pay for music tho )
the friend i talked to said he has done it before (with the 3d), and he just called sprint up not boost. i know this person has tech know how and i trust him about 95%
but there is that little voice inside my head says its easy to run with my phone....

$25 for 45 a month with out breaking the law and risk losing my phone
or~ $90 and put it on sprint....
does this sound worth the risk to you guys?

also my shift key is "broke-ish" am going to have a grammar lecture if i get a little lazy?
its a minor annoyance to get it to work and just don't have time to really fix it atm
29th July 2011, 06:22 AM |#10  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I went with my mom to MetroPCS and the dude there had an OG Evo 4g flashed to MetroPCS. He claimed he still had 4g but that's total bull****.
29th July 2011, 06:47 AM |#11  
Flag Miami, Fl
Thanks Meter: 476

More
I had my og evo on metropcs....i dont know how true it is that its illegalbecause metropcs itself will flash almost anycdma phone to work on their network.

To the last poster, that dude was full of bs. The evo has internet/data, mms, text, voice. No 4g is possible because metropcs has lte and evo is wimax.

Sent from my Xoom using XDA Premium App
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread