[Q] Rename an app in the app drawer?

Search This thread

SteveG12543

Recognized Contributor
Hey everyone,

How can I change the name of an app as it appears in the app drawer? I just recently downloaded QuickPic from the Market, so much better than the stock gallery imo. I want to rename it to "Gallery" so its in the same place as the stock one was. How do I go about doing this? Thanks everyone!

Sent from my Droid Incredible running a random CM7 nightly.

beard0

Apr 19, 2011
As far as I know there's no way to do this...except MAYBE with some changing of the apk itself..idk I'm not into deving really but I can say there is no simple way to do that..unless you download an alternitive app drawer

/Dinc

beard0

Apr 19, 2011
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1154299

[APP][22 JUL]ALTDRAWER 0.6.1 Alternative APP DRAWER [Perfect for MIUI] [Many options]

Try downloading this app and replacing it on you're dock so it becomes your new appdraw..I think you can change the names of apps in this alternative app drawer..hope this helps :)
/Dinc

nemrel

Jul 4, 2011
You can use Folder Organizer from Fabio Collini. It allows you to customize App Names for use inside the program. Then you place a Widget on your home screen. The Widget is to a Folder Organizer Folder. That folder would be the ALL APPS folder. To invoke the Folder Organizer drawer you simply click the new widget icon on your home screen. Folder Organizer is a paid app, but it has a free demo version.

Verizon Stock DINC - Android 2.2
Eken M001 Tablet - Android 2.0

Last edited: