FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Samsung Dart T499 Rooted

267 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

By steph2, Senior Member on 27th July 2011, 01:35 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
OK i got this thing Rooted with superoneclick if any one is interested.

I will be working on a rom dump img.

Ill up load a link to rooting tool, and make a nice guide after work in next few days i should be able to compile a nice bit of info for this phone.

Here is the link for the tool to root this phone http://www.megaupload.com/?d=80IAHHZC
The Following User Says Thank You to steph2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift steph2 Ad-Free

29th July 2011, 09:57 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Hoping to find a recovery img. that works..
30th July 2011, 03:27 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 63

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by steph2

OK i got this thing Rooted with superoneclick if any one is interested.

I will be working on a rom dump img.

Ill up load a link to rooting tool, and make a nice guide after work in next few days i should be able to compile a nice bit of info for this phone.

I'm interested! I wish this phone had its own space here at xda.
2nd August 2011, 03:39 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detriot

More
Working on a rom dump just for that the problem is that I don't own the phone. So I get limited time with my good friends phone. Also I got a family so us getting together to do this stuff is kinda hard. If I get a rom dump I might be able to port cm7 to this model. I am no major developer I just tinker mainly. But would like to do more and his dart is a good start for doing more.
Looking to make recovery image as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
8th August 2011, 08:14 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
i have the samsung dart from tmobil which is this model phone and was curious about rooting it. what kind of benefits does rooting do for a phone? also does anyone have any guide on how to root this phone?

any help would be appreciated and thanks
10th August 2011, 02:35 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detriot

More
Download the tool plug in USB cable to phone set phone to USB debugging in (settings >manage applications>development>USB debugging) run superoneclick as administrator.
Then click the root button. Easy as pie.
The Following User Says Thank You to steph2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift steph2 Ad-Free
10th August 2011, 05:37 PM |#7  

More
ok thank you for the information. just want to ask a few questions, do you know if there are other roms that can be used with a rooted dart? also will rooting be able to help with battery life on my phone?

thanks for any help you can provide.
13th August 2011, 07:43 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detriot

More
Quote:

ok thank you for the information. just want to ask a few questions, do you know if there are other roms that can be used with a rooted dart? also will rooting be able to help with battery life on my phone?

thanks for any help you can provide.

Well there is no custom roms as of now I am tring to get one together but without source code its not easy to do anything. But you can use an app called root explore to remove T mobile boatware. Also use any app that requires root.
Also root will be helpful when a recovery image is made for the dart. Then custom roms will be possible.

15th August 2011, 09:06 PM |#9  

More
ok thanks for the information, i appreciate the help .
16th August 2011, 05:02 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, I had a T499 I read that is the same model than S5570 and I tried to flash it with an android 2.3.4 but the phone does not work anymore, you are the only one person I found that may be can help me I'm looking for the original firm android 2.2.1from tmobile because I want to restore it, when I start the phone in download mode is still respond it let me download the firm and also reset the phone I was working with the Odin Multidownloader 4.38, but when I start the phone only a black screen appears, it seems that the T499 and s5570 are different phones, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance
17th August 2011, 04:30 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detriot

More
Ok ill work A little harder you can try warranty with t moible

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
samsung dart sgh-t499 root
Previous Thread Next Thread