FORUMS

[SCRIPT] V6 SuperCharger tried on NookColor

663 posts
Thanks Meter: 94

Post Reply Email Thread
I wonder if anyone else aside from me has come across this thread. I discovered it when I was browsing the xda-developer's blog site. It's about running a script that supposedly fixes any android system's memory management.

I did try it on my NC, running CM7 Nightly 144, with the kernel OCd at 1.2GHz and I daresay it did made a lot of difference. It made my Nook noticeably more snappy, and reduced the lags I've been getting whenever I multitask.

When I ran the script the first time and rebooted the device, the 'SuperCharged' state did not persist. I later on figured out that it was because I had the app called AutoKiller Memory Optimizer running. I uninstalled that app and ran the script once more, rebooting the NC, and I found out that that did the trick: the supercharged state DID persist after the reboot.

It's really great because I strongly believe that it did made my NC a lot faster and more responsive. You might wanna give it a go too.

Here's that link again: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991276

Throw me some questions about it--I'd be glad to help.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to les02jen17 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift les02jen17 Ad-Free
29th July 2011, 10:16 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sounds awesome! Can you tell me how you installed it? Sorry I'm kind of a noob and don't quite understand scripts yet. I have phiremod v6.3 it should work right?
30th July 2011, 12:21 AM |#3  
Flag Southern IL (Not chi Town)
Thanks Meter: 7

More
which one of the memory things did you use?
30th July 2011, 02:09 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moz90

which one of the memory things did you use?

Well I'm using no. 9, the MegaRam 2 or something. It significantly made my device a lot faster and more responsive.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
30th July 2011, 02:15 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila

Donate to Me
More
@ncmt4g64: Yes, it should work on all ROMs since its a universal script. Just follow the installation instructions on that thread and you're good to go. Here's the instructions, coming from the original thread:

Requirements:
1. Rooted Phone. Milestoners, you can use Universal Androot (not in market ?)
2. Script Manager or Terminal Emulator to run the script. Stock ROMs can also use SM to load up boot scripts!
3. Busybox 1.18.2 OR LOWER - 1.18.3 or newer are VERY much a hassle with errors that should NOT be errors!
4. AutoStart Script by me - Enables Stock ROMS (Milestone) to utilize etc/init.d for boot scripts.

Stock ROMS (Milestone) - Vulnerable recovery is not required!

Installing/Using:

1. Download the attached V6_SuperCharger_for_Android*.txt script and save to your sdcard.
... Do NOT run the V6 SuperCharger install script at boot!
2. Load the script (V6_SuperCharger_for_Android*.txt) into Script Manager and select "Run as Root."
3. Touch the screen for the soft keyboard or slide out the keyboard and get SuperCharged! Just pick an option!
4. READ the script's output!
5. Afterwards, READ the html HELP FILE in the root of your SD Card!
6. Disable "Lock Home in Memory" if your ROM has this option.
7. Optional: For a quick status check, you can put a Script Manager widget for V6 SuperCharger on you desktop

31st July 2011, 06:22 AM |#6  
Flag windermere
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Would I have to do this after flashing every nightly!?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App
31st July 2011, 09:13 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-ROCK

Would I have to do this after flashing every nightly!?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using XDA Premium App

Nope. The script persist in every boot. Unless when you're flashing a nightly and deleting the /data then yes you have to do it all over again.

31st July 2011, 01:12 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I've been using for a week or so.

It works, try it. I had zero experience with scripts before using this one and imho it's quite easy and intuitive to use - just you follow the instructions .
1st August 2011, 12:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sorry to be such a noob but with phiremod v6.3 do I follow the link for the busybox download?
Thanks
1st August 2011, 02:45 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 817

More
I used 9th option also but I dont notice any difference.
How can I be sure that this thing works?

Sent from Nook Color on Cm7 Nightly 129 @1.300Mhz
1st August 2011, 10:53 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Thanks for the heads up on this, will have to give it a shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by les02jen17

Well I'm using no. 9, the MegaRam 2 or something. It significantly made my device a lot faster and more responsive.

Just curious, with so many options, why did you choose #9 in particular? Or did you apply them one at a time and found that one to make the best improvement in performance? Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to tj!2k7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tj!2k7 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)