FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW TO] Return to 100% stock 1.13.651.7 / ROM - Recovery - S-ON!

28,719 posts
Thanks Meter: 66,224

By Scott, Inactive Recognized Developer on 30th July 2011, 06:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This method will only work for people that have hboot 1.4. If you are on hboot 1.5, which is the Sprints latest OTA as of 8/18/2011 then this will not work for you! Warning, never accept OTA's!

I am writing this because I had to do it. I hosed my phone and could not get it to boot into OS. I did get it to boot into hboot, and fast boot. This will work if you can get that far.

1. Download the stock ROM ZIP image from here: Sprint Stock ROM Image v 1.1.3.651.7

2. Copy it to SD Card

3. Reboot phone into hboot mode by holding volume down and then press power. Keep volume down held until you boot into hboot mode.

4. In hboot mode the phone will scan the SD card with the image. Once it finds it will ask you if you want to update. Press "Power" to update.

5. Wait.... For a while. When it gets to "system" it will loop a few times. Its quite nerve wracking actually but after about 5 or 6 times it will complete.

6. Once the entire flash is complete it will prompt you to "press power to reboot." Press power and your phone will reboot to 100% stock ROM.

7. Once the phone has been flashed you will need to set the secure flag on the radio for S-ON to do this use "fastboot oem writesecureflag 3" Make sure you are in fastboot menu. To do this power down and hold power down while powering up and select fastboot. I have attached the fast boot and adb files to the post.

**This has only been tested on with TeamWin recovery and phone was already at the v 1.13.651.7

Hit the THANKS button if I just helped you get back to square one! lol
Attached Files
File Type: zip fastboot and adb.zip - [Click for QR Code] (872.7 KB, 4544 views)
The Following 66 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free

30th July 2011, 07:07 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Thanks for this.
30th July 2011, 07:38 PM |#3  
Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Does this turn s on? Unroot?

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App
30th July 2011, 07:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Does this method provides s-on
30th July 2011, 07:41 PM |#5  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheflarry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliapiano

Does this method provides s-on

It unroots because you are returning to 100% stock image and recovery.

It does retain s-off. I thought it would turn s-on but it didint...

I am also not sure if you would need to rerun the S-off "fix" or if you could just flash teamwin recovery. Be cautious until I find out. I will pop in the revx chan and ask to see if what they think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scott Ad-Free
30th July 2011, 07:42 PM |#6  
dantes inferno
Thanks Meter: 2,094

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheflarry

of course it does.
30th July 2011, 08:32 PM |#7  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Fargo

Donate to Me
More
FYI: Ok, although it says s-off it wouldn't let me write the recovery so I had to reapply the s-off fix from revolutionary. Works good now though!

Using this method you are at 100% stock.
30th July 2011, 08:55 PM |#8  
Charlotte, NC
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler

FYI: Ok, although it says s-off it wouldn't let me write the recovery so I had to reapply the s-off fix from revolutionary. Works good now though!

Using this method you are at 100% stock.

So it's stock but u can't return for repairs because it says s off

30th July 2011, 09:07 PM |#9  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Some phones shipped s-off so I imagine you could use that as an argument. I doubt they will fight you too hard.
30th July 2011, 09:17 PM |#10  
Flag Springfield, OH
Thanks Meter: 889

More
Just a FYI, the mode you boot into and let it scan the card for the PG86IMG is not recovery mode, but hboot. Not bashing because I appreciate the effort here scrosler, I am just trying to keep this as unconfusing(is that a word?) as possible, because recovery is actually Clockwork or TWRP.
30th July 2011, 10:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,328

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by housry23

Just a FYI, the mode you boot into and let it scan the card for the PG86IMG is not recovery mode, but hboot. Not bashing because I appreciate the effort here scrosler, I am just trying to keep this as unconfusing(is that a word?) as possible, because recovery is actually Clockwork or TWRP.

^^^ This

An easy way to get into the bootloader is to download quick boot from the market.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)