All you need is:
- 1 Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 device
- 1 Computer
At the moment, there is NO method to root your X10 after you have installed 2.3.3. So if you installed 2.3.3 via SEUS, PCC oder Flashtool the first step you have to do is to get a rooted stock 2.1 ROM on your device. To avoid errors I would recommend this step to everyone
INSTALL 2.1, root it and install xRecovery:
- Get the newest Flashtool http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ight=flashtool
- Get one of the stock 2.1 ROMS (same thread as flashtool)
- Extract the ROM-file to your Flashtool/firmware folder
- Start flashtool
- Click on "Flash" and select the firmware you just downloaded
- Click OK
- Turn off your device
- Connect cable to PC NOT TO YOUR X10
- Press Back-Button on your X10 and connect cable
- Wait flashtool to finish
- After that, turn on phone and activate "Unknown sources" and "USB-Debugging" under Application-Settings
- Hit "Root" in flashtool
- Wait for flashtool to finish and X10 to reboot
- After reboot hit "Ask root permissions" in flashtool and select allow on you X10 (a popup will appear)
- Hit "xrecovery" in flashtool
GETTING ROOTED 2.3.3 ON YOUR DEVICE:
First of all, you have to download the ROM you wish to install. This step should be clear, but you never know . Every of those ROMs comes in 2 parts. 1 update.zip and 1 kernel+baseband file for flashtool.
- Copy the update.zip (name can be different!!) to your X10s SDcard
- Reboot X10 into xRecovery (Keep hitting Back-button while X10 restarts)
- Select "Factory Reset"
- Select "Wipe Cache Partition"
- Select "Advanced options" -> "Wipe Dalvik Cache"
- Select "Install custom zip" and select the zipfile you copied to your SDCard
- Wait for xRecovery to finish
- After that, DONT REBOOT OR DO ANYTHING, JUST REMOVE ANY CONNECTED CABLE AND REMOVE BATTERY TO TURN OF PHONE
- EXTRACT the kernel+baseband-File into flashtools firmware folder
- Hit "Flash" in flashtool and select the copied kernel+baseband
- Now insert battery again (make sure no cable is connected. Otherwise the phone will start into charging mode and you have to start again)
- Press Back-button and connect cable
- Wait for flashtool to finish
- Start X10 and enjoy your rooted 2.3.3!
Hope this helps