FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CWM 3.1][PORT][Fixed]BootMenu_v0.8.6.update_forA953

972 posts
Thanks Meter: 414

By Endless7, Senior Member on 1st August 2011, 03:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Thanks to r2beta0 for fixing the issuse related to /data and overclocking.

Thanks to sw_acer for porting and the original link here http://bbs.gfan.com/android-2194589-1-1.html

This bootmenu is ported from Defy !

Install tutorial:
1. Apply Bootmenu v0.8.6-v2.zip via CWM (droid2bootstrap);

2. Then reboot, your phone should enter bootmenu. Press volume up/down key to highlight and power button to select/confirm;

3. Enter boot->Set default: ->[choose the default boot method you want] ;

4. In normal cases, you will see the led goes blue for 1.5 sec during booting and then you can enable bootmenu by pressing volume keys.

Features:
1. Overclocking;
2. Choose to enable Custom Recovery 3.1.0.0 or Stock Recovery;
3. Support adb in Custom Recovery mode

Tips: Not recommend to set default boot method as 2nd-init or 2nd-boot if you are not a DEV. If you have set it to 2nd-int or 2nd-boot and cause bootloop. Don`t flash sbf first. Because you can re-enter bootmenu by pressing volume key when you see LED goes blue during booting. And then please set back to boot bootmenu or normal boot. So your phone will not bootloop anymore.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Bootmenu v0.8.6-v2.zip - [Click for QR Code] (2.04 MB, 22522 views)
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Endless7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Endless7 Ad-Free

1st August 2011, 04:14 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for posting it here. I just tried it and it works like a charm.
1st August 2011, 04:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
I'm not familiar with Defy's BootMenu, but why would I want to use it over the default CWM Recovery?
1st August 2011, 04:40 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by w0ndersp00n

I'm not familiar with Defy's BootMenu, but why would I want to use it over the default CWM Recovery?

Of course you can choose not to use this. But Defy's BootMenu provides more function other than just recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Endless7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Endless7 Ad-Free
1st August 2011, 04:41 PM |#5  

More
Hmmmm... my phone bootloops. Now I've got to flash it.
1st August 2011, 04:43 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenetico

Hmmmm... my phone bootloops. Now I've got to flash it.

Have you choose the wrong boot method, try to select normal boot. You can press vol key to re-enter the bootmenu when the LED light up instead of flashing sbf.

Edit: Here in my phone it works fine...
The Following User Says Thank You to Endless7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Endless7 Ad-Free
1st August 2011, 04:48 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless7

Have you choose the wrong boot method, try to select normal boot. You can press vol key to re-enter the bootmenu when the LED light up.

Edit: Here in my phone it works fine...

Yeah. That's exactly what I did. I even fomatted cache partition. The phone was forcing the boot the whole time. Even when I pulled the battery the phone started to boot normally, which means, that I couldn't enter CWM.
After that I deinstalled the boot menu resulting in .sbf-ing the phone.
1st August 2011, 04:54 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah. That's exactly what I did. I even fomatted cache partition. The phone was forcing the boot the whole time. Even when I pulled the battery the phone started to boot normally, which means, that I couldn't enter CWM.
After that I deinstalled the boot menu resulting in .sbf-ing the phone.

When the phone boot to logo M, you should see the LED right-up goes blue for 1.5 sec. During this 1.5 sec, press any volume keys and you will enter bootmenu again. And then you can choose to enable CWM or any other thing.
1st August 2011, 04:59 PM |#9  

More
Now I .sbf-ed the phone, wiped it and still it doesn't boot properly. Damn...
1st August 2011, 05:02 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Now I .sbf-ed the phone, wiped it and still it doesn't boot properly. Damn...

Still bootloop ?
1st August 2011, 05:15 PM |#11  

More
Unfortunately, yes. Gotta send it back but who cares.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)