FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Is there a US carrier lock on the Photon's SIM card slot?

1,183 posts
Thanks Meter: 72

By qipengart, Senior Member on 2nd August 2011, 05:39 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2011, 04:13 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon72

That sounds good, but remember if 50% of your calls are roaming three months in a row, or 50% out of 12 month average then they will cut your contract and cancel your account.

I understand that. I have a phone to use at work, it's just that all calls and internet activity should not be done with company property.

4th August 2011, 09:19 AM |#22  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianez21

Yes, it should work fine on any international operator.

guys, I want to be sure before spending the money.
I need someone kindly tell me with certainty that if I buy a used Motorola Phone sprint, then works with Italian sim card vodafone italy.
thanks again to those who respond to me with confidence
4th August 2011, 06:01 PM |#23  
While i doubt that you would get a specific answer to your question since that would mean someone would have the phone and gone to Italy to try it out to if it works, but I am certain that a few members have mentioned in other threads as well here that that the phone SIM card is unlocked and you can insert any gsm sim card when you are overseas.

TS out
5th August 2011, 02:38 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
I'm a Sprint Launch Ambassador supporting the Photon. The Photon will support int'l unlocked SIM so yes you could use a Vodaphone Italy card and it would work. You can always call Sprint Worldwide Care if you have questions.. 1-888-226-7212.
The Following User Says Thank You to mattvalenz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mattvalenz Ad-Free
5th August 2011, 02:45 PM |#25  

More
thanks
I also know that just call spring, but I'm in Italy and so I asked here on the thread.
However, thanks to those who responded to me
5th August 2011, 09:45 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 231

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordhighlander

Whats funny though, is that i went into a no CDMA coverage area 2 days ago, and I got a message on my Photon that asked if I wanted to use the available GSM networks. I allowed it and it roamed off of a GSM network...calls worked great, data was very slow.

fordhighlander, you ever manage to get anymore word on how you were able to roam onto GSM and whether there are any charges associated with this?

Anyone else ever see this message and roam onto GSM?
7th August 2011, 04:49 AM |#27  
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordhighlander

Whats funny though, is that i went into a no CDMA coverage area 2 days ago, and I got a message on my Photon that asked if I wanted to use the available GSM networks. I allowed it and it roamed off of a GSM network...calls worked great, data was very slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manekineko

fordhighlander, you ever manage to get anymore word on how you were able to roam onto GSM and whether there are any charges associated with this?

Anyone else ever see this message and roam onto GSM?

Its funny you mention that, but today when I was driving in an area notorious for not having any signal whatsoever (Bear Mountain, NY) up pops that message if you want to use GSM. I didn't enable it cause I was about to cross the Bridge that takes you into town and about 5 minutes thereafter the Sprint signal came back. But its odd that folks were talking about this and I happened to see it today.

TS out
The Following User Says Thank You to twospirits For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift twospirits Ad-Free
7th August 2011, 07:43 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattvalenz

I'm a Sprint Launch Ambassador supporting the Photon. The Photon will support int'l unlocked SIM so yes you could use a Vodaphone Italy card and it would work. You can always call Sprint Worldwide Care if you have questions.. 1-888-226-7212.

Can you answer the question of the OP? Which is does the photon allow the use of SIM cards from AT&T or T-Mobile?

Has anyone else tried it with an AT&T SIM card?
7th August 2011, 08:07 AM |#29  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Gainesville, Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,422

Donate to Me
More
The samsung intrepid was the last world phone released by Sprint

Sent from my MB855 using XDA Premium App
7th August 2011, 09:42 AM |#30  
Quote:
Originally Posted by MultiDev

Can you answer the question of the OP? Which is does the photon allow the use of SIM cards from AT&T or T-Mobile?

Has anyone else tried it with an AT&T SIM card?

Your question has been answered more than once. Also another member said he tried his T-Mobile sim card with no luck. Read the posts, theres some good info.
7th August 2011, 02:10 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_dbs_tx

Your question has been answered more than once. Also another member said he tried his T-Mobile sim card with no luck. Read the posts, theres some good info.

I know other members have offered their opinion. I was hoping to get a straight answer from the Sprint representative. I even specifically quoted him. Sorry about the miscommunication. Should have worded the question differently.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)