Clip Case by Pryo Skins!!! AWESOME!!!

Search This thread

essdiddy

Nov 14, 2010
I put it on my SGH T-859 for T-Mobile (seems to be spot on P7500 Spec/chassis)

These things should be mandatory for all tab owners!!! And at this price it is a no brainer.

I even grabbed a crystal clear screen protector b/c well "I've wasted $3 on worst things than this" and it is good quality and truly crystal clear, even came shipped with cardboard reinforcement to keep it from getting dinged up. Needless to say I am impressed across the board.

Thanks Pyro!! Can't wait til I have another device to buy a cover for, I'll be coming your way. :D

My case finally arrived and i couldn't be happier! Love everything about it. They did really well in designing this case in every way. So convenient and looks great! I got the white snakeskin only because they were out of stock of the Carbon design that i wanted but its ok. Like the white better than i thought i would. And for the price....you just can't beat it! Ive attached some pics of it. I highly recommend this Pyroskins Clip Case.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326050785040.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326050785040.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 257
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326050805745.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326050805745.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 260
  • uploadfromtaptalk1326050830855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326050830855.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 248

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
Got my Clip Case today ......

Here's my review ..... I'll call it "The Good, the Bad, and the Smelly."

The Good: Incredible delivery speed. Ordered Wednesday, shipped Wednesday, Delivered Friday. CA to NJ. Must have a USPS pipeline.
The Good: Nice looking, looks like leather & feels like leather (I chose the Black Napa) but sure doesn't smell like leather (see "Bad").
The Good: Fits very well. All port cutouts are accurate and I really like the cutout of the charge/sync cable.

The Bad: Case is quite thick. The material that is under the uhhhh "leather like material" could have been thinner. Won't fully fold back over itself. The "hinge" part might have been made differently to fix this. Not terrible because it makes it pop up a bit for reading but it should be able to go flat back.

The Smelly: P.U.! I think that is the material it is made of (I believe that's different than TPU). I once got a PU case for another large device and it smelled like dead meat. It was so bad that after a week in the garage it got no better. Had to shoot down the vultures circling over my house looking for food (they would have been fooled). This one isn't that bad but it is has very pungent smell. Kind of in between "new car plastic" and "dead meat." :D

It really wasn't THAT cheap ($17 + shipping) as there are cheaper ones on eBay and even Amazon that all probably are sourced from the same country but none seem to have the charge/sync cable cutout which was what sold me on this. The BEST case IMHO is the OEM Samsung Book Cover case. It's barely there, thin and light, had an easy to stick "flap" but costs over $40-$50 and I don't think it can be charged when closed either.

All-in-all I give it a 7.5 out of 10. Had it not smelled so pungent it would have got an "8." I also got the screen protector. NOT looking forward to installing that. I never do well with those things but that is my fault. :p

craigccfl

Mar 5, 2011
Get it at Amazon. Had mine for a couple months. It's perfect. Turn it upside down so u can use the adapter socket for power or USB.

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
I sure hope Task still recommend these. Because I just bought one using my wife's money. Looked better than many others for more money.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using one stinky finger.

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
EXCELLENT! Thats all I could ask for. In the short time I've known you on here I come to respect your opinions and knowledge more than anyone elses. :cool:

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
Just got an email earlier today say the item tracking number to be shipped. It's Saturday here and there so that's what I call great business. Even if it doesn't officially get to the post office until Monday it's still cool to get notification of shipment on a weekend. What other company does that? :D

Benzoman

Jan 9, 2012
Central Illinois
I ordered the case on a Friday night. Received an email of confirmation of shipment the next day on a Saturday (figured it didn't actually go to the Post Office and wouldn't until today, Tuesday).
Monday was Presidents day so the mail was not delivered.
It's Tuesday and I already have the case in hand. Now that's fast shipping!
I'm holding off on posting my opinions of the case itself though until I've actually used it.
I can say I'm VERY pleased with shipping speed! We'll see if that carries over to the case itself soon.

MisterEdF

Apr 29, 2010
Florida USA
I have one of these in "Black Napa" color I used for about 2 hours total and then got rid of my Tab. If anyone is interested for $16 shipped PM me because I won't be checking back to this forum. I could just return it but either way it's the same difference. Rather have someone get a deal. You'll save around $10. Decent cover, just don't have the TAB.

achaayan

Oct 27, 2011
Hmm same as the poetic case i,use,wait the poetic case lacks the samsung branding,else they are exactly same. I bought one for $30 from ebay. But as with all leather cases it adds a certain amount of weight to the tab,which sort of defeats the purpose of buying a thinner lighter tab paying $100 more than the asus transformer in the first place,

Hmm,but i still use the case as you can always easily take out, and put back very easily as you please, plus the cover is very hard plus cushions so you can throw you tablet confidentaly anywhere :)

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

asinanan

Dec 9, 2008
out of stock

There's only snake skin versions of the case now. I've seen other posts that says this case is the exact same as other models (vipertech etc). Anyone have links for one of those that I can order?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was given the opportunity to test out 2 cases by Pyro Skins. This is one of them and it is my favorite for sue. It's made of high quality materials. It fits the tab perfectly and the clips hold the tab very firmly without even coming close to marking up the tab. It doesn't add too much bulk to the already thin tab. It doesn't cover any of the hardware buttons at all. It feels great to carry around and it looks really classy. I would definitely recommend this case to anyone! This company did an awesome job with this one and
    there isn't anything I think I would change about it.
    Check them out at http://www.pyroskins.com/
    Here's a video review so you an see it in action!!! http://youtu.be/Icy2XGehC_k?hd=1

IMG_20110805_184517-1.jpg
    weird, looks exactly like the acase i bought off amazon

i'll post pics tomorrow
    So I was given the opportunity to test out 2 cases by Pyro Skins. This is one of them and it is my favorite for sue. It's made of high quality materials. It fits the tab perfectly and the clips hold the tab very firmly without even coming close to marking up the tab. It doesn't add too much bulk to the already thin tab. It doesn't cover any of the hardware buttons at all. It feels great to carry around and it looks really classy. I would definitely recommend this case to anyone! This company did an awesome job with this one and
    there isn't anything I think I would change about it.
    Check them out at http://www.pyroskins.com/
    Here's a video review so you an see it in action!!! http://youtu.be/Icy2XGehC_k?hd=1

IMG_20110805_184517-1.jpg

I too have exactly the same case, but from Acase. I also saw something similar from rooCase as well. May be all of the are same operating with different name, or may be they all get that thing manufactured by the same company.

Anyway, here are some of the pictures that I took.

Here you go took em quickly with my evo so sorry for not so great pictures.
    Restocked!

Just figured I'd let everyone know that they JUST restocked them! (Been checking every 10 minutes today since they said restocking September 8th lol)

Just bought my carbon fiber! :D