Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Before the files are posted for the public to download, we need to make sure that there are no side effects from this. Yay4Juggs and the rest of the testers should take their time and check to see if anything else was affected. Maybe if there was a ROM or 2 that they could test to see that it works that would be great.
I am already excited today to find out about dockless rooting but if the unlocked bootloader can be released, that would be a double whammie weekend.
That's precisely the reason that it hasn't been posted yet. There still may be side effects in the future as we are seeing with the atrix. Be warned, the unlock is irreversible and you should be careful. Most people will not need an unlocked bootloader. When you get custom kernels and CM that is another matter. People who dev this stuff can certainly use the unlock wisely. Till there is a reason for you to unlock I wouldn't bother unless you are adventurous and have a spare phone
99% of the reason people need / want unlock is for a custom kernel the other 1% is for using fastboot or non-bootstrap cwm. Hopefully you will have a non-bootstrap CWM soon. I'm rambling so I'll stop talking.