I am no dev, so this isn't actually a true custom ROM.
What I've done:
- I've flashed the latest Gingerbread leak
- I rooted it
- I installed Defy Bootmenu
- I installed Busybox
- I installed GApps (including new Talk with voice/video chat - working)
- I deleted BLUR social capabilities
I haven't done anything fancy, such as overclocking/undervolting, multitouch enablers etc. If you want those, you should use MS2Ginger from Walter79... Or you can install those options by yourself offcourse
If you'd like the stock Gingerbread ROM from Moto, but without the "social" capabilities, I've got this option for. I'm not exactly planning on supporting it too much (Gonna take a holiday and preparing for final year of study...)
However I might try to get rid of annoying bugs if they occur. The Euro key doesn't work by the way. I know that but I forget to fix it every time
As far as I can tell everything works fine on my UK Milestone 2.
- Extract the archive on your SDCard: sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/DeBlurred
- Reboot in CWM (Via BootMenu you should choose custom recovery)
- Go to backup and restore
- Go to restore
- Select the folder which contains the Nandroid: /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/DeBlurred
- Confirm installation
- Wipe dalvik-cache
By the way: even though it isn't necessary, I suggest a cache wipe from Motorola Recovery after you've installed the Nandroid. If you don't, the first boot might take a while and some compatibility issues might occur, as this ROM has Blur completely disabled.
Note to FroYo users:
You can't simply install this Nandroid and expect your Milestone 2 to boot! It will not work that way.
If you're on FroYo you should do the following after wiping the dalvik cache(Step 7):
Btw: Everything you do is on own risk Have fun!
- Translated some Blur apps (Thanks to walter79)
- SHOP4ALL shortcut in app drawer replaced with Android Market (Thanks to spear1403)
- Remove Moto Input Method Completely
- Add extra dictionaries to Multitouch keyboard
- Remove loose blur social apps
- Settings.apk with TTS settings (Thanks to stargo and n3ptun3)
- Undervolt by default. Change settings in /system/bootmenu/init.d/99overlock (in case of trouble or if you'd like to tweak it )
- Deodexed, optimized and zipaligned
- Fixed hardware camera button
- Bootmenu and SU updated
- Installed Overclock kernel modules.
- Upgraded Android Market
- Initial Release
- When dialing in or out, sometimes Chinese characters appear in Dialer screen.
- Sometimes when being called, the phone can't link the number of the incoming phone call with someone in the contacts list. E.g. the number +31612345678 isn't recognized as the 0612345678, even though it's the same.