By CheesyNutz, Senior Member on 14th August 2011, 08:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th August 2011, 07:33 AM |#41  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 105

More
Question flashing procedure?
I'm a n00b in Android so please don't kick me

I wish an S-off and rooted 3VO (GSM) but want to keep my ROM, what should I do?

1. flash revolutionary-0.4pre4.zip
2. flash [RECOVERY] Revolutionary based on CWM
3. install Easy-ROOT by kAmMa

It's ok? Will it keep my ROM unchanged or some backup needed?

17th August 2011, 03:01 PM |#42  
Flag Ottawa, ON
Thanks Meter: 68

More
-edit-
Nevermind. I was misinterpreting an "I" as a "l" in the key.
17th August 2011, 03:48 PM |#43  
Flag Ottawa, ON

More
Anyone know how to get a working Recovery tool (Clockwork, TWRP, I don't really care) on my Rogers EVO 3D (GSM)?

When I try to download and install Clockwork using Revolutionary 0.4pre4, Windows comes up and says "revolutionary.exe has stopped working". I've tried running it as administrator, as well as with a number of different compatibility modes. On my Windows 7 64-bit system it's not working (I was able to S-Off just fine on that same system).

I also tried downloading TWRP's zip version from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=twrp and install it in recovery. But recovery told me invalid ID (or something like that) and wouldn't install it.

All I want is a working recovery tool for nandroid backups, and root access for Titanium Backup. Any help would be appreciated.
17th August 2011, 03:59 PM |#44  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Can someone please give me the steps to get s-off? I DL the revolutionary 0.4pre. the first time i started it the cmd prompt was displayed "waiting for device" when i connected my device the cmd window closed. i checked my phone and it is still s-on. now every time i run revolutionary 0.4pre it opens and immediately closes.

/Edit

I now got the revolutionary 0.4pre tool running again with my phone connected but it still sits on "waiting for device"
17th August 2011, 04:19 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 546

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltorio

Anyone know how to get a working Recovery tool (Clockwork, TWRP, I don't really care) on my Rogers EVO 3D (GSM)?

When I try to download and install Clockwork using Revolutionary 0.4pre4, Windows comes up and says "revolutionary.exe has stopped working". I've tried running it as administrator, as well as with a number of different compatibility modes. On my Windows 7 64-bit system it's not working (I was able to S-Off just fine on that same system).

I also tried downloading TWRP's zip version from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...highlight=twrp and install it in recovery. But recovery told me invalid ID (or something like that) and wouldn't install it.

All I want is a working recovery tool for nandroid backups, and root access for Titanium Backup. Any help would be appreciated.

\

As far as I know you flash recovery by placing the pg86.IMG file on the root of your sd. Then boot into bootloader and it will find the file and ask you if you want to install it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2k12

Can someone please give me the steps to get s-off? I DL the revolutionary 0.4pre. the first time i started it the cmd prompt was displayed "waiting for device" when i connected my device the cmd window closed. i checked my phone and it is still s-on. now every time i run revolutionary 0.4pre it opens and immediately closes.

/Edit

I now got the revolutionary 0.4pre tool running again with my phone connected but it still sits on "waiting for device"

Sounds like you need to install the drivers for your device. easiest way is to install htc sync on your pc.
The Following User Says Thank You to lafester For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lafester Ad-Free
17th August 2011, 04:27 PM |#46  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lafester

\Sounds like you need to install the drivers for your device. easiest way is to install htc sync on your pc.

I have the HTC drivers installed and can view the file system through explorer. Should it be in disk mode or sync mode? Or do I have to boot into recovery?
17th August 2011, 04:39 PM |#47  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by d2k12

I have the HTC drivers installed and can view the file system through explorer. Should it be in disk mode or sync mode? Or do I have to boot into recovery?

It should be in charge only mode and make sure you have USB debugging on.
The Following User Says Thank You to dannytill For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dannytill Ad-Free
17th August 2011, 07:15 PM |#48  
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:

Sounds like you need to install the drivers for your device. easiest way is to install htc sync on your pc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannytill

It should be in charge only mode and make sure you have USB debugging on.

Thank you both. I got er done.
18th August 2011, 03:45 AM |#49  
Flag Ottawa, ON

More
Quote:

\

As far as I know you flash recovery by placing the pg86.IMG file on the root of your sd. Then boot into bootloader and it will find the file and ask you if you want to install it.

Thanks. I was able to get it installed via Revolutionary in the end using my home PC (which oddly is the exact same configuration as my work PC... maybe it was a firewall issue).

Making a backup now before I apply root.
18th August 2011, 07:45 AM |#50  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
is any one here on HBOOT 1.49.0011?
19th August 2011, 03:08 AM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Your ROM will be unchanged, and can't backup until you have root in any case! Skip step 2 by the way, just let revolutionary flash recovery for you (when it asks just hit "y")

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimyr

I'm a n00b in Android so please don't kick me

I wish an S-off and rooted 3VO (GSM) but want to keep my ROM, what should I do?

1. flash revolutionary-0.4pre4.zip
2. flash [RECOVERY] Revolutionary based on CWM
3. install Easy-ROOT by kAmMa

It's ok? Will it keep my ROM unchanged or some backup needed?

Sent from my SPH-P100 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)