My X8 wont turn on

Search This thread

diablos222

Aug 15, 2011
Hey. I got problem with my Xperia X8. I cant turn it on. When I press power/lock button, red light turns on and off 3 times. I already changed motherboard for a new one but it didnt help. I think its battery problem but Im not sure. Also, when i connect it to PC, red light turns on every 3-4 second. I dont know what it means. Any solutions? Seus and SE PC Companion wont see my phone. Thanks.

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
You can try it to put into flash mode, connect to USB and press and hold back button until the green led turns on, if it can get into flash mode i think motherboard is not the problem, also try geting in a new battery. If neither od that works, than it's some hardware failure.
At least you can try that, I don't know.

Reactions: tiagomoraisc

diablos222

Aug 15, 2011
You can try it to put into flash mode, connect to USB and press and hold back button until the green led turns on, if it can get into flash mode i think motherboard is not the problem, also try geting in a new battery

Well, Getting into a flash mode dont work. Also I took battery from Xperia X10 mini pro and I tried to connect it. My phone vibrates after pressing power button. Nothing happens after this. Also I tried holding back button with this battery.

CutestDevil

Aug 13, 2011
Dreams
If ur battery is fully charged,and then also its not opening up..then it seem some problem is there with battery itself..

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
Well, Getting into a flash mode dont work. Also I took battery from Xperia X10 mini pro and I tried to connect it. My phone vibrates after pressing power button. Nothing happens after this. Also I tried holding back button with this battery.
Hmm...I don't know, try with the X8 battery, if it doesn't work, then go to official service.
If you rooted your mobile phone then you're f***ed up, because your waranty will be void.
If you can not go to flash mode and get your phone back to original unrooted software, you will have to pay the service.

edward091810

Jul 31, 2011
philippines
Hey. I got problem with my Xperia X8. I cant turn it on. When I press power/lock button, red light turns on and off 3 times. I already changed motherboard for a new one but it didnt help. I think its battery problem but Im not sure. Also, when i connect it to PC, red light turns on every 3-4 second. I dont know what it means. Any solutions? Seus and SE PC Companion wont see my phone. Thanks.

use seus selct phone dont plug the usb yet hold the back key hold still then plug the usb a green light should appear then seus will download your stock rom which is android 2.1 eclair.

diablos222

Aug 15, 2011
Hey, Yesterday I managed to turn my phone into a Flash mode, so I installed 2.1 firmware with SE PC Companion, but still my phone wont turn on ;/

lsalamun

Mar 15, 2011
Varaždin
lsdesign.xyz
If you are 100% sure that you installed stock firmware from SEUS, than you have your waranty back ( if you have it still ) and go to your official service to repair your phone. Yet, if your waranty has expired than pay te service.

geleroff

Aug 2, 2011
chillan
i had the same problem a week or two ago, i was tethering with barnacle, and suddenly my connection was lost (my phone was charging in my laptop)...

when i checked my xperia (i was downloading stuff so i was tethering for something like 4-5 hours) the device was very hot and with the same probles previouly described (blinking in red, not turning on, etc)....

i was very scared, waited for a while until the temperature was cooler and the i plugged to the wall for an hour or so... without an answer, suddenly the charge icon appeared (phone turned off)... and it got in perfect shape again...

the other day i was using barnacle again and i looked at the phone (charging with my laptop again) and i discovered that it was again draining even when charging so i decided to charge in the wall and it was ok... :)

diablos222

Aug 15, 2011
Charging with a wall charger dont work. Tried many things. Now only changing battery can help me. If not, I will need to leave it in service so they could repair it...

diablos222

Aug 15, 2011
Okay, so I made a small step. I managed to charge battery so now everytime I want to turn on battery, my phone vibrates and while its vibrating for half of second there is green light. After this nothing happens. I can change firmware without any difficulty, but its not helping. Tried with SEUS, SE PC Companion and Flashtool. What to do now?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can try it to put into flash mode, connect to USB and press and hold back button until the green led turns on, if it can get into flash mode i think motherboard is not the problem, also try geting in a new battery. If neither od that works, than it's some hardware failure.
    At least you can try that, I don't know.
    Have you tried doing a factory reset

sent from my rooted xperia x8 using xda premium

What a stupid question...
    How should he do a factory reset
    He cant turn on his phone

Sent from my X8 using XDA Premium App