FORUMS

Backup SMS and contacts to PC on a pattern-locked Galaxy 3

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By plbackup, Junior Member on 15th August 2011, 03:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 (i5801) which got in the hands of a kid and he failed at the pattern lock too many times so now its locked at the enter Google account information screen. And I can't seem to get past it as I don't know which account was used to activate this phone (a gift from someone, who had activated it but can't seem to remember his password)

Now before I do a hard reset, I really need to backup and save my SMS and contacts at least, to PC, so I can later restore them somehow. Can someone tell me my options? I don't have the Micro-usb cable yet, but I will get it today and start experimenting. But I was wondering if the /data/data/com.android..... folder is even accessible when connected with USB? I am hoping that I will be able to set USB debugging to on by calling on the phone and accessing the main menu from there.

I have both Win XP and Ubuntu, so any solution based on either platform will be appreciated.
15th August 2011, 04:19 PM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,042

Donate to Me
More
Well, just flash g3mod kernel, and your phone will go to usb debugging mode on connecting to USB...
even better option you want to try is use the multiboot feature...so you can boot into another ROM, have your contacts and messages there...and then backup using any possible method
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)