Invest in a Screen Protector

Search This thread

Euforeik

May 14, 2010
San Francisco
I was just using my phone and just realized that my screen is scratched! Its a fairly deep scratch. I don't abuse my phone either. So much for gorilla glass. Got my replacement coning in tomorrow.

phonixzero

Apr 22, 2009
Aw that's terrible, sorry about that. Do they just send a prepaid return box with your new phone? Or do you have to go without your D3 for a week? Because that would be unreasonable lol

Lars1967

Feb 28, 2011
VZW is sending you a replacement phone 'cause your screen is scratched?

Are you using insurance or is this an available option for all?

I ask because my "Gorilla Glass?" is also scratched up after a month running naked (my OG has 0 scratches after two years!).

TIA

Euforeik

May 14, 2010
San Francisco
VZW is sending you a replacement phone 'cause your screen is scratched?

Are you using insurance or is this an available option for all?

I ask because my "Gorilla Glass?" is also scratched up after a month running naked (my OG has 0 scratches after two years!).

TIA

I have insurance. The phone was restarting also so they just sent me one.

suzook

Jan 25, 2010

TIA

It seems like gorilla glass has gotten not so "gorilla" lately. The og droids screen was extremely difficult to scratch. But the past 3 phones that i owned, have scratched very easily in weeks. Its a shame.

wootizzle

Aug 28, 2011
Washington, DC
They rip you off on the screen protectors. I have no scratches but I spent like $12 for 3 for me and my girlfriend, then I got addicted to amazon and found a 3 pack for 3 dollars. -___-

Aug 15, 2011
Currently using my ATRIX 4G with a screen protector and TPU case. Very nice. The ATRIX has Gorilla Glass but the protector is there so I can use my fingernails without worry of scratching. Got both on Amazon for $12 total. The protector was like a buck fifty.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA App

kshen1

Sep 3, 2011
In my experience, the cheaper screen protectors are just that, cheaper. if you spend a bit more money on it then you might get yourself a really good screen protector that will feel like the original screen on the phone when you touch it. Of course, that's just my experience though

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
I don't use any screen protector but I do have a case which faces the phone in and keeps the screen from getting scratched. I've tried a few protectors in the past and they always seemed to mess with the haptic feedback in some way.

wootizzle

Aug 28, 2011
Washington, DC
I dropped mine earlier and chipped it a little near the corner it landed on.. in one of the few places my shell leaves exposed. Fail.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA App

ajhallx

Aug 17, 2010
TPU

Always buy tpu cases ... helps screen and keeps phone in mint shape Thermoplastic polyurethane for those that don't know also know as candy cases ... love them and have saved my phones ...